If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the largest domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 105,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.Register Today on DNForum IT'S FREE!
I've got a Beverly Hills business directory site in the works, but I have some questions before I get started...
1. Craigslist-style bare bones or converted OSWD template? Or both?
2. Charging people to advertise on a zero-traffic site will be ridiculous. How long should I offer free business/event listings for? What should be the duration of these free listings? Once traffic kicks in should I switch over to some sort of mass link selling or will that toss me out the Google page ranking window? I'm really not afraid of getting a lower than possible rank if the site is simply 100% useful whatever its methods.
3. What percentage of the content should be social networking links for clubs, venues, restaurants, etc. that update on the spur of the moment?
4. Should I keep all monetization off the site for a few months or keep ads low-key to pay for the domain and Hosting?
5. I've had absolutely abysmal luck with AdSense. I have a Kolimbo account and was wondering if people around here have had good results with 1000 to 5000 visits a month. If not, what is a good source of income for a business directory?
6. What are the extras (autoresponders, content feeds, etc.) which would be crucial for a directory site to give it more than a Web 1.0 feel, and make it feel as comfortable as a favorite pair of sneakers?