If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the largest domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 105,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.Register Today on DNForum IT'S FREE!
As for forum rules, those are hardly legally binding.
As for NP, that is another joke.
As for james2002, ignore him like I do. I got so tired of his asking the same question in 10 different ways every time a thread was closed, I had to ignore him.
Seller says "Valid for 24 hours"
Did the buyer post "SOLD @ 10K" within that time frame? regardless of the back and forth.
This kind of things happen periodically. This is not something new. When you give an offer, it is best that you included a time frame. For example,
"My counter-offer for you is $10000, valid for the next 2 hours from the second this PM has been delivered to your inbox."
[QUOTE=loudbeats.com;1752942]Yes, it was the 23rd hour when I posted SOLD!!
Isn't there a time stamp (clock) inside your private messages showing what time each conversation took place?
This is a case of negotiations falling through. One cannot back out or into a deal, when there was no written agreement in place. Domainers must eliminate and doa away with verbal commitments and stick with a mutually committed Escrow agreement as the starting point of any deal.
This nickel and diming makes any seller very nervous indeed.
This is what I do with little problems. Even while I am negotiating, I send the seller an Escrow offer. If the amount is not to their satisfaction, they cancel my Escrow offer and counter offer with their own Escrow offer. All I have to do is click, agree, to accept or send another.
It is all there for the record.
3 pages of a complete nonsense.
"I don't do 24hr..." negates any offer made in the first place under those terms anyway.
This looks to me like a really immature attempt to blackmail someone to do a deal... a deal that COULD have been done had the buyer not F'd around so much. Coming in here now to try to PUBLICLY bash the seller is sour grapes and just bad form, IMO.
Think about it... after reading this thread, how many people will want to deal with your offers in the future? more or less?
Move on already.
Both sides made mistakes looking back on this. Jay, "Sorry buddy I dont work on "valid for 24 hours" stints." was not only unprofessional to say but not smart to say if you wanted him to still honor that price to you within 24 hours. That statement plus your next message with an $8,000 offer is a rejection of his $10k offer plain and simple.
However, James's response to it, "$10,000 is my lowest price. Buyer pays fees." was incomplete. If you're negotiating with multiple parties, you need to be VERY careful with how you word responses to people. If Jay's response to buy at $10k was IMMEDIATE, then I can see where his anger is coming from...why tell him again $10k when you've sold it to someone else for $14k? If you were waiting to hear back from someone, then your response should have been something along the lines of "I had told you $10,000 was my lowest price. I'm currently waiting on a response from another buyer" and either put that it's no longer for sale, or that if he wants it he needs to pay $14k as that's what this new offer is. Don't tell him again that the price is $10k if you are no longer intending to sell to him for $10k...that was poor judgment on your part and now you have an upset buyer on your hands which realistically you can only blame yourself.
Lastly, Jay - you went public with this way too soon. You should have tried to discuss it out with James in a professional manner since you have yourself to blame as much as him for not getting the name with your counteroffer of $8k and rejection of his 24 hour time window. Instead you're doing a lot more damage to yourself with this thread. Sellers want drama-free transactions and this thread shows them that you want to start drama rather quickly when things don't go your way. I honestly think this is the worst mistake of everything I've mentioned...reputation is worth more than money or a $10,000 domain.
www.CasasBaratas.com |VisitSpace.com|NoticiasDeDominios.com|WeBuyHouses KC.com
LaborGigs.com|iTechnician.com|CheapHouses.co|Clean .biz|PropertyBuys.com|AgentsOne.com|SpaceEncounter .com
LOL did he really say that?You said "sell me the domain or I would make it public".
James should simply add "OBO" in his last response
"$10,000 is my lowest price OBO" = no problem
I am always careful with wording not to give any promises and keep backdoor open
I have PM disabled. You can email me: denny startseek com
“Negotiation in the classic diplomatic sense assumes parties more anxious to agree than to disagree”
“Let us never negotiate out of fear. But, let us never fear to negotiate.”
“If you can't go around it, over it, or through it, you had better negotiate with it”
Take it off! 35% off .com domains at GoDaddy!
Smokin Hot Savings! $1.99 .COMs (GoDaddy Discount)
Domaining Blog - Learn how to buy and sell reg fee domain names.
Also, This definitely is an attempt to let everyone know the type of business person he is, WHO WOULDNT STICK OR STAND UPTO TO HIS WORDS!!!
Oh and I dont know what made you think that I will buy or deal with such a moron again or even try to complete this one??? cuz due to him backing out, I lost my credibilty in front of a long term business client.
oh well, thanks for your input !!
I also tried resolving this issue with him by calling his UK number, but he was full of attitude when I rang him. What will you do when you get this response in return "Do whatever you want, I dont care!!!"
My only fault here was of negotiating the deal wit a noob cuz just like everyone else I was also trying to save some for my long term business client..
your tags might be considered serious fodder for membership suspension, no?