Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

100 Most-visited Websites List

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewdomainer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Didn't know this... E-commerce and Reference sites are almost half of the most-visted 100 websites... Thoughts? Should we bother with blogging when only 4 of out the top 100 websites are blogs?

Primary-Purpose%282%29.png

PDF of 100 most-visited websites.

Here's the article where I found this today. It was also interesting that 90% of the 100 most-visted websites are .com. Thoughts?

Andrew
________
My Blog

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Should we bother with blogging when only 4 of out the top 100 websites are blogs?
This will make me sound like an old hermit, but I never have figured out the whole blog phenomenon, and the weight given by mainstream media to the "blogosphere".

Are there really that many people spending a lot of time reading blogs?

And with the huge number of blogs that exist, how many can really attract a critical mass of steady readers?

signed,
Curious/Puzzled

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont think its about top 100. Nothing you build will be top 100, in all probability.

And I dont think its about the number of 'steady readers' of blogs. The question is, will you get search engine ranking? And from that, traffic?

From traffic you hope to get clicks, orders, and more blog posts. And if you are really lucky, your content is good enough to get some links to your site; which gives you more traffic and more page rank.

And so it goes.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont think its about top 100. Nothing you build will be top 100, in all probability.

And I dont think its about the number of 'steady readers' of blogs. The question is, will you get search engine ranking? And from that, traffic?

From traffic you hope to get clicks, orders, and more blog posts. And if you are really lucky, your content is good enough to get some links to your site; which gives you more traffic and more page rank.

And so it goes.

Agree 100%.....and it is possible to make blogs look like actual sites.....

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
andrewdomainer said:
Should we bother with blogging when only 4 of out the top 100 websites are blogs?

I really think the bottom line is that you just have to really be into whatever it is you are doing to be successful. Blogs are a good example (whether they look like blogs or not) because there are so many of them out there....just look at all the domain blogs that members here start up all the time.

If your not really into what you are doing, you won't do the all work that is necessary to succeed. Others that are more into the same subject will however, leaving you behind.

Who you are and how much you are into what you are doing is what differentiates you from the pack.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Blogging can be a pastime that evolves into a hobby and into a business. None of which is a requirement. It can help improve one's ranking in the search engines, monetize traffic or create business leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom