Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

4 domain names just got stolen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainRetriever

Like Gregr said, most thefts occur at Verisign, so the price
does not necessarily go hand in hand with quality.

Luc L.

Is register.com better on safety? They do not allow "push" domains to anywhere. I think "push domain" is something of risk if someone hacks into your account, it is easier to take your domains away with one click.

Domain Summit 2024

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess somebody logged in to your godaddy account on the first place. And initiated "ownership transfer". So your username and password have been compromised. Try to find out how this could happen. Check your computer with antivirus software - maybe you've hot "trojan horse". Are you using the same name/pass in many places?
I'm not a lawyer - but in my common user oppinion, Godaddy has no way to know WHO logged to your account. you or not. So I guess some kind of notarized paper or smth. may help... You need to prove it were not you who initiated the transfer. But you definately need to contact a lawyer and analyze their "ownership transfer agreement" - it is about 3 screens!
Godaddy support are the same dummies as netsol. So you need to contact real person in their "office of the president" and ensure they put registrar lock on those domains. If new "owner" would be able to transfer the domains away from godaddy - you may never have them again

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In such a case, it may be possible to "save" your domain with some registrars. If you found unauthorised ownership change - act quickly, and check the following: Is global whois changed already? With godaddy, web-based whois is instant, but regular whois updates once a day. With damn stargate, global whois changes once a week. If global whois is not changed yet - go to any other registrar and submit registrar transfer. You will receive approval e-mail to YOUR address. Approve it and wait for your domain at other registrar.
This would not work with stolen godaddy domains though, as you need to approve the transfer at losing godaddy logging to your domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom