Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

A little SEO help needed for my g/f's pet sitting site

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My g/f and I are in need of a little help.
She has a local pet siting site and wants to improve her goggle rank, especially in the cities that are close to her.
She's 3rd for "broward pet sitting" which is her URL.
but only 69th for "pembroke pines pet sitting"
and 67th for "miramar pet sitting"

We tried to incorporate keywords into her site, but the text may be in banners which don't get searched by bots, am I wrong?

browardpetsitting-dot-com
the site should be viewed in internet explorer

Can someone take a look at her site and give some advice? thanks in advance

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you need more content that is relevant to those keywords, also some linkbuilding and link exchange never hurts...start by putting her url in your signature

Deleted member 78222

Graham
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need more content, preferably a page titled "miramar pet sitting" etc, even if it only has a link from the footer.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does she do nails? I have 3 that need them done, afraid to do it myself. Will bring them over. I'm in Davie, in one of the listed zip codes. PM me.

adonivideo

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
invest 7 bucks in exact match urls

pretty musch a guaranteed hit since no one has development on them

she can get a cheap cpanel hosting account and have X domains for a low monthly

so for X a month and 7 bucks a year for a handful of GEO pet sitting domains

she can pretty much rule google

create a map with google

do a cute little video on her job and put on youtube

so a squeeze page with big phone number, email form and a short vid will give you #1 on any geo pet sitting you want

if the .com is gone get a hyphen .com

I'm sure the minor multiple host cpanel account will be nothing compared to all the jobs she will have

she could make it a business and hire others if she gets some nice serp's in FTL and Boca and Palm and Dade

KEYWORDS is all you need

a cute youtube video

a phone number

next

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
your meta is incomplete as is:

<meta name="description" content="At AAA Affordable Pet Sitting, we make sure your best friends feel as comfortable as possible while you are away and provide you with priceless piece of mind, too! We guarantee your pet's needs are met and that your pets receive an abundance of care, attention, and affection, and have a fun time while you are away!" >
<meta name="keywords" content="Broward Cage less private boarding, Broward Pet sitting, Pembroke Pines Pet sitter, Miramar Pet Sitter, Hollywood Pet sitter, Cooper City Pet Sitter, Sunrise Pet Sitter, Plantation Pet Sitter, Weston Pet Sitter, North Miami Beach Pet Sitter, Miami Lakes Pet Sitter, Hallandale Pet Sitter, Aventura Pet Sitter, Davie Pet Sitter, Doggy day care, overnight pet sitting”>

i suggest something like this:

<head>
<title>Reusable Construction Materials.com</title>
<META NAME="TITLE" CONTENT="ReusableConstructionMaterials.com">
<META NAME="DESCRIPTION" CONTENT="reusable construction materials,Green friendly uses for restoration,recyclable building materials, Eco-Friendly Products, Envirionmentally Friendly Materials, Solar Enery, Renewable Energy, Sustainable Feuls, Earth Fabrics.com, GreenAdditions.com, GreenMachinery.com,Building Additions, Room Additions, Home Improvement Projects, GreenClasses.com, Learn Leeds Certification, Green Structual Designs, GreenDiscount.com, Get Green Discounts and Credits for purchasing Envirionmentally Friendly and Enery Efficient Appliances, Window, Doors and Fixtures.">
<META NAME="KEYWORDS" CONTENT="reusable construction materials,recyclable building materials,divert construction and demolition materials from local landfills,Building Additions, Room Additions, Home Improvement Projects,procurement and distrubutionof reusable materials">
<META NAME="OWNER" CONTENT="[email protected]">
<META NAME="AUTHOR" CONTENT="Biggie.us">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="EXPIRES" CONTENT="never">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="CHARSET" CONTENT="ISO-8859-1">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="CONTENT-LANGUAGE" CONTENT="English">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="VW96.OBJECT TYPE" CONTENT="Document">
<META NAME="RATING" CONTENT="General">
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="index,follow">
<META NAME="REVISIT-AFTER" CONTENT="7 days">

this mini-site went to 1st page in G for terms in less than 1 week after launch

earned over $10 bucks so far this month

Aleksandar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think you'll be able to rank 1st for all those long tail keyphrases, just with your home page (you can't include all those keywords of course), so you might either want to setup individual pages with those titles you're targeting, perform decent internal linking with those anchors, and of course promote the pages itself by building links to them with those anchor texts (just be sure to vary it a little, you don't want all of your links to have the same anchor). Track the results and be patient.

A nice way of building links is submitting promotional/useful content to multiple article directories. You get to setup the page title (think about relevancy), anchor texts and the content itself relevant to your site. Plus you get some nice authority websites linking back, which is always good. And if your content gets syndicated, guess what? More links hopefully...

Now this might work wonders for terms with less competition, but be sure to include various link building techniques later on...

Biggedon, feel free to exclude the ".com" from your title tag, there's no point of doing that, people will search without that. And even if they do search with that last string, they'll see your site since it's the exact thing they're searching for.

Also, if you're checking directly in google, make sure you understand what "search preferences" are:

http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35892

If you have this enabled, and have clicked your own result, you'll find it climb up a little next time your perform the query. And that's a nice illusion for those that aren't familiar with the search preferences. A search position tool might be useful now and then...

Now I see your URL at the second spot (well, kinda), but it's included in another site's URL (probably owned by you), which is funny, but since it works, good job! :lol:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How much to petsit my girlfriend for a friday and sat night so I can go get some strange? :laugh:

Also it comes up #3 for me searching for Broward Pet Sitting or Broward Petsitting, I would have made the description more keyword rich with relevant search terms but hey what do I know I'm just a domainer. ;)

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How much to petsit my girlfriend for a friday and sat night so I can go get some strange? :laugh:

Funny but wrong. :p

Great suggestions already here. (Just one irrelevant note that the images seem to load a little slow for me.) Google's SEO guide is a good read, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom