Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

A Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clam

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have tried to find the answer to this question, but have thus far been unsuccessful. This question is hypothetical and probably not even possible in today's world. I'd appreciate any info...

If I register a new domain (never been registered before) that has a fantastic word combo (say creditcards.com) and park it, would that name ever get SE traffic? My understanding is that SEs rank based on content, not name. So, the only content associated with the domain would be the parked landing page. Of course, this domain would get type in traffic. There would be no backlinks.

I guess the real point of my question is, would and SE rank a crap page based on the domain name alone?

Sorry if this question is stupid. :)

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Google and other big search engines would not rank it. In the past they would, but not now.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Really depends on the domain name, some domain names are searched for, example someone may search for "creditcards.com." Therefore, it will rank first most likely in the search results. There are lot's of searches that include ".com" with the keyword.

So this purely depends on the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators