Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker A Suggestion for Moniker.com

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi i have been hearing about all good reviews about Moniker and But when i say the price $18 i held back but today i heared there was a special pricing for dnforum members so i thought i would try them out but and signed up for an account i had thought that i would move all my domains from godady to moniker but even when signing up i got confused this code that code and didnt knew if my signup was complete may be the design was too crowded or what i dont know what was happenign so i just had a a suggestion if u could clean your site a bit like make the design more good and clean not too crowded now iam afraid to move my doamins there as too its too complex i know its the best but still i think i would saty at godady rather than moniker as godady is easy to mange and navigate.
Thanx i ope you dont mind :cool:g

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still its too crowded which makes it harder to navigate nad i would like to see a much better design on moniker than godaddy which will ceraianly make it go on to the top

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At first I found Moniker confusing (for the first 2 or 3 days I used it) then after using the features they offer I find just as easy or easier than previous registars.

Change is difficult, getting used to another system can be a challege, but was godaddy or any other registar "easy" to use the First time you tried it?

The price breaks for DNF members is a great Plus when handling large portfolios. Not to mention the excellect customer suppor, escrow, autolocking, etc...

Don't fear the the change, just learn Moniker's system :) You will be glad you did.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of the main reasons why I do not use Moniker as my main registrar is, I do not like to have to login every 10 or 20 mins I stop working. I have one Enom windows opened whole day long and do not need to login during whole day.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of the main reasons why I do not use Moniker as my main registrar is, I do not like to have to login every 10 or 20 mins I stop working. I have one Enom windows opened whole day long and do not need to login during whole day.

This is a sticking point for me too. It's not like someone is going to break into my house, come to my office, knock me out of my chair and steal my domain names. You can take security too far. Because one nut job makes a lousy stab at using a shoe as a bomb, everyone has to take their shoes off and walk around barefooted.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Exactly. I've never used Moniker until recently. Transferring a domain name is like punching in secret launch codes for nuclear missles. And paying to forward your url or change the DNS? What's that about? :confused:

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I've never used Moniker until recently. Transferring a domain name is like punching in secret launch codes for nuclear missles. And paying to forward your url or change the DNS? What's that about? :confused:

The extra securtiy is there for our protection.

DNS changes don't need to be paid for.

I don't see that I have to pay for anything but privacy and that is only $0.50 per/yr

the rest is as follows:

Domain Privacy
$0.50/Yr
Url Forwarding
$0.00/Yr
Email Forwarding
$0.00/Yr
List For Sale
FREE
Domain Parking
FREE [
Traffic Monitor
FREE

The option to activate any of the above must be checked/toggeled and then click the "continue" button

Really You have to pay????

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$6/year for "URL Forwarding" here

Yes, since were making suggestions to Moniker, how about allowing URL forwarding at no charge? Strangely, you can do it from TrafficClub, which makes no sense at all, but you can't do it from Moniker. So basically you have to first park your domain at TrafficClub and then you can forward it where you want it to go.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just logged inside my account and tested it. URL forwarding's $0.00 for me.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had always liked Moniker until recently when some problems with funds and support cost me registering a few typos before someone else go them. Nevertheless I am still stuck with them because the 4 days traffic testing period. But they certainly need to consider stopping to charge URL forwarding. Regarging their interface, i found it a bit difficult in the beginning but soon it became easy but the logging in and out pisses me off too!

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URL forwarding, email forwarding, DNS changes, etc. It's all free for me.

I do like their system. It's easy-to-use, loading fast and I appreciate the security features. Better than RF, GD, NC and Enom, in my opinion.

Argie

InteractiveWork.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've signed up with Moniker, now how can i get the DNF member special pricing adjustment??, anybody knows this??

navpros

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
IMO there is no better registrar available. However, the moniker site does seem a bit "buggy" for me at times. I do not pay for URL Forwarding but I do pay $1.00 for domain privacy. Obviously, some are getting a little better value there, but I will not be going anywhere else over the difference. Still much better than Enom Privacy pricing for me.

One thing that could use some work is the bulk edit dns feature. More than once I receive errors telling me "this domain is under management - cannot leave password blank". What is that all about? I emailed support over the weekend, but no response as of yet.

Another issue I found is that when I attempt to select traffic club dns from the drop down menu in "pre-defined zone configuration" I find my domains pointing to monikersearch.com when I use this feature. Anyone else?

Thanks

I've signed up with Moniker, now how can i get the DNF member special pricing adjustment??, anybody knows this??

Send an email to moniker support and let them know you are looking for Dnforum pricing.

MonikerChris

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions (and the endorsements)! If you have not yet recieved the DNForum member pricing, feel free to send me an email and I will be happy to adjust the pricing for you. Despite recent grumblings about us, we are still absolutely committed to giving our clients the best service in the business. Give me a yell if I can help any of you out with anything. Cheers!

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since the title of this thread is about suggestion....

Is Moniker planning on adding .be transfers in the future?
If so when?
Would like to see Moniker add other extension transfers as well.

You can reg .be names with them, but not transfer to Moniker.
Why is that?

MonikerChris

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since the title of this thread is about suggestion....

Is Moniker planning on adding .be transfers in the future?
If so when?
Would like to see Moniker add other extension transfers as well.

You can reg .be names with them, but not transfer to Moniker.
Why is that?

Thats a good question, Cursal! The explaination for not having the .be transfers available when the .be registratioins are is that the registration process for country code domain extensions is much less time consuming and labor intensive than the process for TRANSFERRING a cc domain extension. This is not the case for EVERY cc domain extension, but for many of them the process can take as long as a month, and may actually require a massive amount of hard-copy. The cost in taking this amount of time handling the cc extension transfers makes offering the transfers to our clients price prohibitive... we would have to charge a great deal to our clients to justify it, and we're not willing to put that cost to you. We are working on a way to introduce more automation into the process, and once we have it nailed down, the transferring will be available! Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom