Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Advice needed, then lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

xnxx

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello.

We have a site that has been copied entirely, from domain name to design, colors, content, everything.

We have no trademark for it but it has been up for some time and is in Alexa top 500.

Can we consider an UDRP complaint and obtaining the thieves' domain?

Lawyer needed.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Karma is *****

biatch

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Send a DMCA notice to their webhost + registrar to have the site shut down.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

xnxx

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hints:
stolen content
tube sites
shaving affiliates

We have licenses for over 80,000 full videos.

Tube sites are free video hosts. You want Youtube down maybe, you have never used it, right?

Shaving affiliates? Please elaborate.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I am sure you are aware of all those posts at forums like gfy.com...everyone knows adult tubes are NOT like youtube, that the videos are uploaded mostly by tube site owner. Then they claim ignorancy. And takes an angry public posts on forum to gets the video actually removed (to be re-uploaded 10 minutes later)

BUt it's your business really, but I can not believe my eyes you claiming here someone copied your design - that buttugly design which is used on thousands of another TGP sites...

xnxx

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GFY is full of posts made by clueless idiots, who don't know what they talk about but just can't refrain themselves from opening their mouth, exactly like you :

'Shaving affiliates'? Still waiting for you to explain me why you threw this in this thread.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well EVERY program is shaving affiliates, program which pays out 80% more so...

And I hate people trying to steal domains via UDRP - what you trying here is abuse UDRP proceeding for alleged content copyright infringement. UDRP is ONLY meant for domain infrigments like i.e. disneychenal.com

xnxx

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't listen to your advice on UDRP as you don't know what you are talking about : sponsors can pay 80% they can pay 100%+ too without shaving. What are your adult sites anyway?

I can not believe that anyone can copy another site entirely and it would be fully legal.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are your adult sites anyway?
I have all adult doamins parked because it pays more than ANY affiliate. And it pays hundreds of percents more. So either the advertisers are losing money OR rather the advertisers (mostly adult sites itself) know value of the traffic UNSHAVED...
I can not believe that anyone can copy another site entirely and it would be fully legal.
Well you can send DMCA to their host, but you are talking here abuse UDRP for domains
I wouldn't listen to your advice on UDRP as you don't know what you are talking about
No you do not know what you are talking about, unless the domain is confusingly similar there are no grounds for UDRP. And even if it would (i.e. xnxxx.com) still it would be huge hypocrisy of someone who is LOADED with TMs to UDRP colleague typosquatter.

xnxx

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not a typo squatter, we got some cheap typos in the batches of names we bought.

What I am talking about here is ripping a site off completely and advertising it as if you developed it yourself. The name in question is extremely close to our original name.

Having them shut down would be fine with me, but they would reopen at another host with the same name.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not a typo squatter, we got some cheap typos in the batches of names we bought.
So can I post domains you bid on Snapnames individually ? Like all those channels for kids typos redirected to pog.com ?
There is one more thing I hate more than abuse of UDRP - stupid lies (I do not mind smart lies but stupid lies insult me)

Would like this see this posted on gfy.com how much sympathy you would get THERE...

xnxx

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We used to bid on everything with type-ins. Doing calculations and trying to estimate domains' traffic was actually fun and interesting.

I don't care about GFY, unlike you.

Stop derailing the thread and make a new one about typo domains? I would make one too, on your ignorance the subjects mentioned above, if I cared.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We used to bid on everything with type-ins.
That's something totally different than you said in post #13
Stop derailing the thread
This thread does not make sense from the start anyway

xnxx

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This thread needs refocusing, but before doing so, I want to mention that our own names and brands have been copied, parked, redirected, countless times. There are tons of typos of our own stuff our there. This is not much of a problem but in the case that made me start this thread:

One of our major sites got 100% copied : domain name, content, design, texts, colors, everything. It has been advertised here and there, and they have had some success with it.

I want to know how to put an end to this.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of our major sites got 100% copied : domain name, content
You produce own content ? Don't you just buy license to use that content ? In that case they copied someone elses content...

Design and everything on your major sites xnxx.com and xvideos.com is same like thsouands of other adult sites so I suppose that's not it because it is not original design...

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Copyright - Is using someone's content.
Trademark - Is using someones mark.

If they've stolen you're original content, you're issue is not only one relating to UDRP.
Using someones TM in a domain is a UDRP issue.

Simple step number 1.
Collect evidence.
Take screen shots, and what other evidence you can grab.

Step 2.
Contact a lawyer. The lawyer will probably send them an e-mail, and a register letter with your complaints. So far the fees are fairly minimal.

Step 3.
You will have to decide whether you want to sue them or not.

Good luck!

domaindot

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't want to get involved in this slug fest.
At the same time, for the sake of others who may read this thread in future:

If your site is copied, send a C&D to the site owner, send a DMCA notice to his host (look up the name servers for finding out who is hosting it) and send a DMCA to Google as well, if it is showing up in the SERPs. If you cannot afford a lawyer, use Google and get C&D templates and DMCA notice templates; then customize them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom