Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Another spamming idiot: [email protected] / Amy Brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This is another spamming idiot from [email protected]

Hi,

I'm promoting this prime domain today to several targeted recipients.

The first to reply with "SOLD" will have the opportunity to acquire it for $[].

I look forward to hearing from you,
Amy Brand, Url Transfers
Domain Recommendations, LLC.

stevenhartley

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm promoting this premium domain today to several targeted businesses.

The first to reply with "SOLD" will have the opportunity to acquire it
for just $200.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Amy Brand, Url Transfers
Domain Recommendations, LLC.

He got me too, funny this is, the domain is available! :lol:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Correct. These spam emails serve one purpose: to see if you will express interest in a domain, which they then attempt to secure and flip on the spot. Some of these scum suckers are more inept than others.

stevenhartley

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought it was just natural for everyone to do a quick Whois check when presented a domain offer, if everyone does that then they'll get no sales.

That's just reminded me of some other bell end that contacted me few days ago, trying to sell me a domain he doesn't own.

Subject: I have a domain you may be interested in.

Hello,

I noticed that you are currently advertising under the term "latest football news" on msn and it's costing you about $0.70 per click, that's more than $1,417 per month!

I own latestfootballnews.com which is closely related to your keyword and may help in driving organic traffic and improving SEO. This way, you wouldn't have to spend as much on adwords because you could get some organic traffic as well as natural search traffic based on "latestfootballnews".

I'm only asking $ for this domain. If you are not interested, I understand and apologize for the inconvenience, but if you would like to buy it, please let me know.

Thank You,
John

I reported him to the real domain owner, think hes sorting it from there.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really MISS one of the spammers.

I'll never know who he was, but he seemed to have a good grasp of the keywords I was interested in, and for about 2 years would send me an offer to buy domains that would likely interest me about 2 days before the drop. Of course I would then go and backorder them instead of replying. I never replied to any of his emails or offers, but picked up some nice domains cheap.

Whoever you are... I miss you!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JuniprPark, that dude still emails me. Same story here, have picked up some killer Backorders thanks to him - I think "he" is from snap/nj. Reminds me of the old "we want to buy your domain" appraisal racket with the eventual referral to Sedo that was somehow them doing it but they never got caught lol

I sure have seen plenty of spam lately, seems like people are hell bent on mailing me for every single new domain registration with some design offer or SEO offer from India. I have also unsubscribed from Network Solutions spam at least 10x and yet they continue to mail me daily. Fun!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The dude is "Alex" and he always has a different made up mailing address in his emails, at the end of his emails he puts some random life quote to help defeat spam filters I'm guessing lol

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The dude is "Alex" and he always has a different made up mailing address in his emails, at the end of his emails he puts some random life quote to help defeat spam filters I'm guessing lol

Please tell Alex I love him and miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators