Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Any Australian Members here into Australian Utes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gday from Australia!

Just like to introduce you to the Australian Ute

Whats a Ute?

Courtesy www.Blueys.com.au > Ask ten people to define what a "Ute" is and chances are you'll get half a dozen different answers.

While such a definition may seem academically unimportant, it IS important when it comes to running a Ute Comp. After all, how can you judge entries if you can't decide who's vehicle is acceptable, and who's isn't?

Some people will claim that the only true Utes are the so-called Aussie made Holden and Ford Utes (Kingswood, Commodore, Falcon etc). Others will include the Japanese brands (Hilux, Navara, Rodeo, Triton, Bravo, etc). Some will include American pickups (F series, Chevs, Dodge Ram, etc). Even others will include the minor brands including vehicles like Peugeot Utes, Morris Minor Utes, cut down Rolls Royce Utes, and the like.

In Bluey's experience, the most widely accepted definition of a "Ute" is:

"Any vehicle with a tray area which has a carrying capacity of up to one tonne."

This includes all Holden, Ford and Japanese style Utes, as well as the minor styles such as Peugeot Utes, Morris Minor Utes, cut down Rolls Royce Utes, etc. Age of the vehicle is not a consideration, nor is brand, modifications or anything else. However by the nature of this definition, American pickup trucks are NOT considered Utes - they are in a distinct category of their own - namely "Pickup Truck". (NOTE: This doesn't mean Pickups can't be included in a Ute Comp, but if they are, they should have their own appropriately named category so they are competing with the "Utes".)

We Australians are very passionate about our Utes, we even attend Ute Competions (Ute Musters)

What Types of Utes are there at Ute Musters?

Courtesy www.Blueys.com.au >
• Best Town Ute (Well accessorised, nudge bar instead of bullbar, no stickers, clean, shiny, new or old)
• Most Immaculate Ute (Indicates a fastidious owner; sometimes enters Ute Comp on trailer)
• Most Accessorised Ute (Loaded to the hilt with every Ute accessory imaginable)
• Best Country Ute (Bullbar, aerials, side skirts, spotties, CB, etc; can be dirty or clean)
• Best B&S Ute (Over the top Country Ute plastered with stickers, beer dash mat, etc)
• Best 4WD (includes anything with constant or part time 4WD off road capability)
• Best Tradesmans Ute (Best fitted out for "work"; boxes, racks, Hiabs, signage, etc etc)
• Best Chicks Ute (Ute shows evidence of the female touch; but appeals to the blokes!)
• Best Aussie Ute (Best locally made Holden or Ford; or maybe even old Valiant)
• Best Restored Ute (Older the better; restored to original or customised)
• Best Original Ute (Old-timer that's been maintained in, or restored to, absolutely original condition)
• Best XYZ Brand Ute (Best looking Ute of the nominated brand eg Hilux, Rodeo etc)
• Best Feral Ute (Most dilapidated, unrepaired, poorly doctored, dirty, run down, etc)
• Ugliest Dog & Prettiest Chick Ute (Be very careful; the winner is always disputed!)
• Best Dressed Driver (Encourages silly/humorous/sick/smart dress by driver/passenger/dog)
• Best Ute 'n Dog (Usually the Dog determines the winner)
• Most Passionate Ute Owner (Ute set up reveals passion; home made parts, unusual modifications)
• Peoples' Choice (The crowd can vote to select their best Ute)
• Ute of the Show or Supreme Ute (This is the overall winner - the best Ute present on the day)

My Website is 100% Australian!

My Ute

DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

Friends Ute (The Shiny Silver thing is called a Bullbar or Roobar ... it protects our vehicles from Cattle or Kangaroos on the road)

495ras1.jpg

If you know of any friends or love Utes, tell about my site!

There are more Ute Photos here

Cheers Mates

Billy

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ComScout.com said:
Utes are Australian Farm Vehicles, v8 cars with alot of spotlights, bullbars, fat tyres, etc If interested I have just created a ute forum called www.BeautUtes.com feel free to check it out!
Congats scout on the forum . It is looking good and might get busy if the ute owners hear about it.
My old ute was a 6 cylinder, with a broken headlight, no spotlights, a bent grille with no bullbar, skinny bald retread tyres and a rusted out floor.
But it was a great place to root for your team.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mate, I have only had the site up for a week, got 10 members so far which is pretty good, AbusiveElusive is currently designing me a good skin, and installing hacks so when all that is done, it will be much better!
This is my Ute http://www.beaututes.com/showthread.php?t=60

anyweb said:
Congats scout on the forum . It is looking good and might get busy if the ute owners hear about it.
My old ute was a 6 cylinder, with a broken headlight, no spotlights, a bent grille with no bullbar, skinny bald retread tyres and a rusted out floor.
But it was a great place to root for your team.

JayK

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice site Mate. I can see you prefer old-utes, but perhaps some links to reviews etc for new Utes might be good. Does the Holden Cross8 count as a Ute or is it a show pony?

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just moved to SA in march 2005 and never heard about it.....I will have a look!
Cheers

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cheers mate, we have plenty of SA members!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom