Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Any Good Domain Sales Management Tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a domain sales management tool? I want to keep track of the names I purchase, purchase price etc and what I sell them for.

If it works out profit etc that's great.

Thanks

Dave

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, it's called an Excel spreadsheet and comes with MSFT Office.

xaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have built one in that, but just wondered if anyone used anything else.

Thanks

Dave

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use this:

domainpunch.com

Adam Dicker

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I outgrew Excel last year -- to the point that it took 4 days to open a document! So I built myself a gigantic database and manage all my domain-related work through it. It's definitely the wrong tool for the job for most domainers, but eventually I might be able to market a simplified version commercially. If you wanted me to design something for you in MySQL, I could do so. Very user friendly. But, then again, so is Excel as long as your tracking is relatively simple.

P.S. I'm guessing that you're only looking for basic metrics -- such that everything could be contained within one or a handful of tables. In that case, I could also create something in Excel that tracks whatever you need automatically. That would probably be easiest for you.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
been keeping tabs on my names in notepad, since day 1

xaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I outgrew Excel last year -- to the point that it took 4 days to open a document! So I built myself a gigantic database and manage all my domain-related work through it. It's definitely the wrong tool for the job for most domainers, but eventually I might be able to market a simplified version commercially. If you wanted me to design something for you in MySQL, I could do so. Very user friendly. But, then again, so is Excel as long as your tracking is relatively simple.

P.S. I'm guessing that you're only looking for basic metrics -- such that everything could be contained within one or a handful of tables. In that case, I could also create something in Excel that tracks whatever you need automatically. That would probably be easiest for you.

It would be great if I could take you up on your offer? I want to see how people approach tracking purchases and sales of domain names.

Basically, I want to be able to input all domain purchases info including domain name, date of purchase, total amount paid and expiry date. I also want to track sales of each domain or a group of domains, also capturing date of sale, sales amount, any associated sales fees and total sales revenue. I think that it is necessary to capture other fees such as renewals/ transfer fees as this will add to the expense and therefore should be accounted for when looking at profit/ loss.

If anyone has developed something and wouldn't mind sharing, it would be most appreciated? I am particularly keen to see how people account for/ track sales of multiple domains in one transaction, especially when analysing profit/ loss against individual domain purchases.

Looking forward to hearing your response.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be great if I could take you up on your offer? I want to see how people approach tracking purchases and sales of domain names.

Basically, I want to be able to input all domain purchases info including domain name, date of purchase, total amount paid and expiry date. I also want to track sales of each domain or a group of domains, also capturing date of sale, sales amount, any associated sales fees and total sales revenue. I think that it is necessary to capture other fees such as renewals/ transfer fees as this will add to the expense and therefore should be accounted for when looking at profit/ loss.

If anyone has developed something and wouldn't mind sharing, it would be most appreciated? I am particularly keen to see how people account for/ track sales of multiple domains in one transaction, especially when analysing profit/ loss against individual domain purchases.

Looking forward to hearing your response.

Hi, Xaster

Send me a PM and we can work something out. My own system is way too complicated to just copy and paste, since it's tied to a lot of other proprietary systems that I've built for internal use. So I'd have to cook up something designed especially for you; and because that would take some time, I'd have to charge something for it. Maybe Excel would work for you, or maybe you'll need a database. Building something in Excel would be quick, while the database solution might require a week or two of discussion and coding. We can talk about what sort of system you need, and I'll build what I can for your budget.

seikan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no soliciting

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators