Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Anyone have success with Geo domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on trying a few things in the Geo space.

Can anyone share any success stories or experience with Geo domains?

I have gotten the ball rolling by registering <Geo>poolremoval.com and I set up a lead gen site. No leads yet but it's early so I'll let that one sit for a while and see what comes in.

Here are some examples of other strategies on my list:

1. Register some names like <Geo>florists.com, <Geo>plumbers.com, <Geo>dentists.com and use them as directory sites. I'd then charge local businesses a fee to be listed.

2. Register names like <Geo>taxaccountant.com, <Geo>realtor.com, <Geo>realestateattorney.com and then pitch the domains to local professionals by explaining the power of online marketing to them.

3. Register something like <Geo>deals.com and fill it with local deals going on. Then either pay business to list deals there or simply throw a bunch of PPC ads up too.

Any feedback on these ideas?

Thanks

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

i'm leasing out a <geo> services related com name, got my 19th out of 36 "$$$ monthly payment" yesterday

your idea is good but soooo late to the game, additionally <geo> realtor is tm, so forget about that one.

going around soliciting folks for a fee to be listed, sounds good but ain't easy

especially, if/when their biz is successful, they feel like it's not needed.

unless the sites you build have volume of existing traffic before you solicit, you've got no persuasive edge

but i guess it really depends on your ability to sell hope, potential and possibilities

imo...

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'm leasing out a <geo> services related com name, got my 19th out of 36 "$$$ monthly payment" yesterday

your idea is good but soooo late to the game, additionally <geo> realtor is tm, so forget about that one.

going around soliciting folks for a fee to be listed, sounds good but ain't easy

especially, if/when their biz is successful, they feel like it's not needed.

unless the sites you build have volume of existing traffic before you solicit, you've got no persuasive edge

but i guess it really depends on your ability to sell hope, potential and possibilities

imo...

Is the Company that is leasing the <geo><services>.com name simply using it to redirect or have they developed it?
Would you mind sharing what the <services> are exactly?

Realtor is TM? Dang it....I got excited when I saw <Geo>realtor.com is dropping and I was the only bidder.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is the Company that is leasing the <geo><services>.com name simply using it to redirect or have they developed it?
Would you mind sharing what the <services> are exactly?

Realtor is TM? Dang it....I got excited when I saw <Geo>realtor.com is dropping and I was the only bidder.

it's a lease to own deal, so they have developed the domain into viable website

services = adult companion

here's link about usage of "realtor"

http://www.realtor.org/letterlw.nsf/pages/trademarklogointernet

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

The only good geo's are the competitive ones so development will be an ongoing process. If you approach the project as a business and accomplish or improve 1 task everyday you'll have a viable business by 2014; assuming you've picked the right topic.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Example:
I notice "security systems" has almost 20,000 monthly searches in Google Keyword tool and yet "<myGeo> security systems" shows zero results. MyGeo is a town of 100,000 people.
Even though the domain is available should I stay clear because Google Keyword tool shows no search results?

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Example:
I notice "security systems" has almost 20,000 monthly searches in Google Keyword tool and yet "<myGeo> security systems" shows zero results. MyGeo is a town of 100,000 people.
Even though the domain is available should I stay clear because Google Keyword tool shows no search results?

Security systems aren't popular everywhere. If theres no need you're destined to fail!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Example:

majority of security systems companies use prefixes of a "surname/family name" like "Kern's or Jones Security Systems" or something generic like "acme security systems", or a brandable like "vantex security systems"

"the popularity of a term/phrase in a small town, is directly related to probability of how many in that town will search the internet, when/if they need a specific service."

"additionally, the smaller the population, the more likely they already know each other, therefore less likely they will search for service, when "word of mouth" of referrals thru friends/family and neighbors fullfills that need."

still, decisions to reg or not shouldn't be made based on what gkwt displays

cuz, without it ...what would you do then?

all, imo...

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
type the term into google and see if there are ANY PAID advertiser(s) look for a CPC over $3 and a broad search match of 8000+

otherwise forget it

Ian
I type "<Geotown> security systems" in Google and it yields 2M results, 3 ads in the yellow box at the top (mostly ADT) and a string of ads on the right side.
How do I search for the CPC?

Also, when you say Broad search match do you mean just the service or including my GeoTown?

In GKWT I enter "<Geotown> security systems" and there are zero broad match types. However, "security systems" has almost 700,000 local searches under Broad.

Thanks!

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think Adam has a video at art of the domain about geo leads.

You need traffic first...then send a few free leads to someone. Then you "might" be able to sell leads to them.

The more expensive the service the better.

Try ti find companies that are paying for ppc already...they understand internet advertising already.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nobody else has had any success with Geo domains that they'd like to share?
What did you develop? How long before you saw revenue?

I need a bit of motivation here :)

PS:
I just regged <Geotown>plumbers.com, <Geotown>plasticsurgeons.com and <Geotown>remodels.com.
Should be good for directory listing sites.

neilbreh

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the best way is building big sites and make content wondful.
There's many ways earning's from network.
How's your GEO domain?
How much are you earning per month >?

EarlGrey

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the problem isnt so much the traffic but what someone said elsewhere up in the thread.
You can have all the traffic you want but you got to hit the phones hard to make appointments to try and sell people the leads.

local business people that just get people coming to them and buying stuff or hiring them often have no intrest in paying someone $50 for a lead.

But

97% of poeple that search on the internet search for local businesses. (source: google places)

this is a massive industry and business you are asking questions about which is great but it is a lot harder than throwing up a site and hoping someone will advertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators