Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Anyone Here Have a Cat? Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Great....this thread has made me wonder what to do when my 10 year old cat passes away :disappointed: I've had her since she was a tiny, playful kitten. I wish animal cloning were an affordable option.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great....this thread has made me wonder what to do when my 10 year old cat passes away :disappointed: I've had her since she was a tiny, playful kitten.

:(
I have to let this cat go (now live in my parents house) because she jump into my daughter face one day...I take this decision to let her go...

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Maybe we can start a thread and post pictures of our pets :D Carter, you have a daughter? I thought you were 18 lol

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe we can start a thread and post pictures of our pets :D Carter, you have a daughter? I thought you were 18 lol

LOL I have 28 years old and a daughter...sometimes I'm 5 years old I know :D

so true. They don't hold a grudge, rarely show deception, love unconditionally, don't cheat, don't get jealous (to the extent we do)....

We can learn a lot from them.

agree!

Last edited:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great....this thread has made me wonder what to do when my 10 year old cat passes away :disappointed: I've had her since she was a tiny, playful kitten. I wish animal cloning were an affordable option.

not easy at any age...but my cat was almost 18yrs, so hopefully your cat has many good years left ...

:yo:

zangief

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a four years old cat that has never been to a vet , I am 33 years old and never went to a doctor for the last 16 years (Of course this is not advised) :)
- The vet will give you kitten milk if the cat is so young
- You can make some chicken(or meat) stock without the vegetables and additives and give the cat some of it and some of the meat.
- It is advised to mix the milk with water to make it digestable for the cats.

I am a lazy one and feed my cat with pet food (I don't believe it is very healthy) , my grandmother has two cats that are over 15 years old and she always gives them food left from the meals.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Puranjay,
nice work mate.
In the UK we have the cats protection league which is run by awesome people who are THE experts on cats. They do incredible things and know moere than any vet. Also they are FREE. They do appreciate a donation though. Over the years they have helped me out on diff3erent things. Don't know if there is a similar thing there? They also look after cats in their own homes the volunteers which is great for the cat as there are other cats to keep company and they are really experienced in what their doing. The kitten is probably scared out of its mind even though you're doing your best. Hope you find these guys or something similar as obviously you need to go about your business too and kittens need a lot of care.
Good Luck :eek:k:

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow guys. Some real cat lovers here!

Spoke to the vet. The kitten has a slight fever and has been put on some antibiotics. Should be all right in a couple of days.
Also got some kitten milk from the doc. She seems to like it.

As for the naming contest, sorry guys, but I've already named her Smittens.

She follows me around everywhere and just won't leave me alone! She wants to sit in my lap all the time.

Pred, I'm not so sure about such a group of cat experts, but I'll definitely look.

Btw guys, what do you do with your cat when you have to go out of town for a few days? Does she manage alone or do you give her to someone for the few days?
I'm still trying to balance work and college, and have to (and like to) travel a lot. I might be able to leave Smittens with my parents but they live 5 hours away and already have two large dogs...

The trouble is, in India, cats aren't very high on the pet popularity index. You'll find tons of options for dog foods and supplements, very little for cats. I think I'm the only person in the neighborhood who has a cat.

Btw, speaking of pictures, here are a couple of them:
http://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/3/11/12/f_CIMG0858m_b6a4905.jpg
http://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/3/11/12/f_CIMG0859m_591e171.jpg

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My cat was a spca rescue cat from a farm - mother and litter were all starved to death but him and one other were barely holding on. Only one horse from an entire farm was left alive other than that - farmer went nuts and stopped feeding the animals.

Anyways - he was skin and bones, covered in fleas and had a bad case of worms - you'll usually see them in the stool or on their hair around their butt. A vet tripped cleared up the fleas and worms and a couple weeks of uncooked ground meat did the trick for him as he put on weight quickly.

Some cats are easy to leave alone - others get a little wild and like to tear things up. Mine grew up with a 120lb guard dog and it wasn't a problem - but you have to introduce them when the cat is young or risk the obvious cat vs dog game!

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My biggest dream is buy a land and build my home outside the city...and have an house full of animals.
I love animals they are so sensible and too funny!
The better thing about cats is they are very intelligent...mine every morning goes in my bed and lick my girlfriend feet until she wake up :)
Is possible post some photos in this thread?

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you do leave your cat for a few days....make sure you have extra water, food, and litter down for her. hint:(kittens can tip over water bowls leave a few in different spots)

if possible have someone drop by to check on her ... I never leave my cat more than a day...but i know people who leave their cat for a few days and they are fine. Just kitten proof your home... LOL

nice photos...cute kitten

Good Luck
:yo:

LOL...Draggar I just watched that video. I know that cat!!! :pound:

thx
Stewie

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you do leave your cat for a few days....make sure you have extra water, food, and litter down for her. hint:(kittens can tip over water bowls leave a few in different spots)

if possible have someone drop by to check on her ... I never leave my cat more than a day...but i know people who leave their cat for a few days and they are fine. Just kitten proof your home... LOL

Agreed but there are also wide bowls that are not easy to tip over, like these:
http://www.petco.com/product/105768/PETCO-Two-Toned-Stainless-Steel-Non-Tip-Bowls.aspx

(They come in all sizes)

But generic bowls should be fine too, just leave a few out (or wide pans even if you have any extras).

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's very kind of you man,

big props to you

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The kitten's been doing fine now. Seems very playful and active. She's also eating well and seems healthier now.

Honestly, I never thought cats would make good pets, being a dog lover and all. But now I've realized how much smarter, cleaner, and graceful cats are (ok, kittens are kinda clumsy).

My parents have 4 dogs in their place that they adopted (they were strays, injured and weak when he got them) and they've decided to sell their house and move to a new one (in a different city) with a lot of open space where they can raise dogs. Once I have my own place, I would love to do something like that...

Animals in India hardly get treated kindly. In a country that has 1 billion+ people and human life is taken for granted, you can imagine how much love and kindness people have for animals. Such a shame.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dogs have owners.
Cats have staff.

That's how they look at it.

(This is from a story I read once - obviously paraphrased).

After god created Adam, he decided that Adam needed a companion. One that would love him, protect him, be loyal to him, and wantto be with him at all times.

So god created the dog.

After some time, Adam thought that all animals should respect / worship him as the dog did and with time, Adam got to be quite egocentric with the dog's affection towards him.

God decided that he needed to create another animal that would teach Adam a lesson and to bring him back down to earth even reduce his ego with the dog's affection.

So, god created the cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators