Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Approx 120,000 Visitors per Month mostly SE traffic w/Revenue - Worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fly1

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a small site that's got about 4,000 very targeted visits per day every day, 120,000 visits per month 355,167 visits over the past 90 days at last check and it's earning good revenue.

Direct type in domains have worth but what if the traffic and revenue come from search engines? I'm not even interested in selling it because I'm working on an item to sell on the site that I believe will be much better than the current revenue from clicks. I'm just curious if this amount of targeted traffic and revenue from SE's have value like a type in or is it measured differently.

I'm sure it's been asked before but didn't see it.

Domain Summit 2024

2fly1

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Had 5,482 visits today (yesterday - 7-18) from SE's ... Moved from 2nd to 1st for the main search term..

Last edited:

Harry1

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah organic search traffic is great - just as valuable as type in traffic to a webmaster.

Obviously type in traffic will add value to a domain because you can just buy the domain and monetize the traffic, where's building organic rankings to a domain takes loads of time and effort.

If you've built up your rankings the right way, and they are sustainable you sound like you have a valuable site on your hands. If, on the other hand you have gamed the system and black hatted your way to the top of the organic results, your site won't be worth much at all if you were to sell it - but the income you're making from it in the meantime is still nice.

Good luck with it.

Preciousmetals

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That traffic can rack in 100k+ usd per year if properly monetized.

Best of luck!

2fly1

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That traffic can rack in 100k+ usd per year if properly monetized.

Best of luck!

Thanks Harry1 and precious metals. Nice to know the traffic ads some value to it. I really wasn't sure.

The only thing I've thought of is to create an eBook with more of the info people are looking for when they arrive at the site and sell the ebook for maybe $6 each. I've never made an ebook and am having some problems finishing it but am hoping within 2 weeks I'll have it done. Been working on it for 3 months.

I really don't have much to base it on besides just that the traffic is very targeted but I'm thinking somewhere between 100-200 people per day would buy the book. Maybe more, maybe less, difficult to say until I get it going. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Harry1

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No worries 2fly1.

Good idea to produce an ebook, but your sales expectations are unrealistic.

I'll be interested to hear how you go, but I'd expect you will sell less than 10 each day (it's very hard to say that with confidence since I don't know the industry/niche, or how good the ebook will be).

I've had a few sites in the past that generated much more traffic than your site and the ebook sales rarely reached 10 per day.

I was monetizing in other ways though - not just a sole focus on ebooks.

All the best with it.

2fly1

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It ended up yesterday (Thursday) with 5,369 visits and only 155 clicks... It's now at 134,033 visits in the last 30 days and only 3,792 clicks.

As far as selling less than 10 ebooks a day, that would be heartbreaking. The people are coming to the site for information, that information is going to be in the ebook. It's quite a bit of information, about 50 pages in the first eBook. They could get the information for free but it's the convenience of having it on an ebook that I think they will really want. I'd like to make an app sometime after the eBook.

The sites been in position 1-3 for the main keyword for right at about 4 months. The domain is around 8 years old.

I'll keep my hopes up and if I get it done and going, I'll try to update you on how it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators