Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Are all NNNNN.com taken or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No - there are some NNNNN.com's (without 0 at the start) available to be registered.

DnArab.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think no i have good list not big and not little available to register

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Besides the simple rarity aspect, would somebody mind filling me in as to what the attraction of numeric domains is? NNN is obvious, for area codes, and perhaps NNNN for a year, but I can't see any uses otherwise.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some interesting data then...:

Alexa 40. in China: 4399.com
Alexa 48. in China: 360.cn
Alexa 55. in China: 51.com
Alexa 64. in China: 39.net
Alexa 92. in China: 115.com

and that's only the top 100. These are hardly area codes / years.

CamMK27

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Besides the simple rarity aspect, would somebody mind filling me in as to what the attraction of numeric domains is? NNN is obvious, for area codes, and perhaps NNNN for a year, but I can't see any uses otherwise.

NNNNN have to do with Zip codes in USA. Zip codes in USA are 5 digits and there are hundreds of them. Other than that not sure what are the other reasons that they are popular.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have famous NNNNN like 90210 keep them, otherwise I guess it all depends on the matching location.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Numbers are universal, so they cross language barriers for websites. I can see NNNNN.com's becoming more valuable one day, but will take time. I've kept some and dropped a few.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've bought several, kept only the best. There are some available nowadays, I see a few expire everyday.

gorillazjoe

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think if you're Chinese, numbers are very important. Number 8 are what they looking for which means Lucky..
So, if you have number 8 in your NNNNN.com, your may got sales in 4.cn.. :)

For example 12888, 88888, 88848.. etc

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More than 99% are taken. The few that remain are not US zip codes, don't have interesting number patterns, and have a "4" in them, which is an unlucky number in China it seems.

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Didn't know it was as high as 99%.

100,000 of these types of .com domains might seem like a lot, until you look at the world population.

About 50% are owned by Marchex for US Zip Code/local domains, although it seems Marchex is looking to sell these now. Another 10-15% are developed sites, mostly Chinese although you will find some random sites using numerics for a host of reasons. Some of the Chinese sites are among the top Chinese websites. The other 35-40% are mainly held by domainers for traffic/resale. Also, when you compare it to LLLL's, there are 1/4.5 the number of these domains, so you are right that it is really not that many in the grand scheme of the internet...

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On a side note, a Cyprus-based company registered about 50K NNNNN.pro less than a year ago, that is half of the total .pro registrations.
I wonder if they will all be renewed :)

DnArab.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think lot of these domain still available to register but i see http://www.55hl.com DNS5.4CUN.COM try to get all domains start with N 8 :)
but i have big list some of these start with 8 and still available to register

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think there are approximately 1,200 NNNNN.com domains available to register, a little over 1%. My previous math was fuzzy. In the last 10 days, these have been registered at at rate of about 13/day (taking in to account drops that are not picked up). Who knows if this rate will continue, might go down or up in the future weeks and months. But if it does continue, it looks like there will be a steady progression towards a buyout of these domains, perhaps in the next year. Nothing like the frenzy of 2008 most likely, where 15,000+ were snapped up in less than a month. Hopefully this buyout, if it happens, will be more sustainable because it has taken place more gradually and by domainers with real interest in these domains.

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
update? Does anyone know how many are left? It's been close to a month, so it'll be interesting to see how many were picked up over the course of a month.

I keep a running tab on my blog. The current registration rate is around 10/day, and there are around 600 left now. My previous count was not correct, I have since done a bulk check of all 100,000 to come up with my current numbers. I also provide stats on which ones remain by starting number, "4" is definitely the worst, and probably will be the last to be registered, if they all are. At this point, registration may either increase as we get closer to 0, or slow down as the weaker domains are left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom