Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Article submission and SEO - quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacal1

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have found that I seem to do best as far as SEO when I only submit my articles to one top submission site as opposed to many different ones.

Am I imagining this or is it true that for SEO I'm better off just submitting to one good submission site where the articles could actually build solid PR without penalties and make my links to my sites more valuable?

If so, and I have articles that I submitted to multiple submission sites more than a year ago and they still have no PR at all, should I delete them so that they are in fewer places overall and the places where they do have PR will not get penalized?

Thanks!

Domain summit 2024

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mass syndication has always been a flawed strategy. The only sites that would accept duplicate/spun content are crap sites you don't want a link on.

theoriginalemily

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't delete the articles on lower quality sites. Having a sudden decrease in incoming links is a bad sign to Google. In the future don't submit duplicates to multiple sites. It doesn't hurt your site, it just doesn't help it. Do a proper spin (one where no one can tell it was spun) or submit different articles to different sites.

theoriginalemily

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You {wouldn't know|can't tell the difference|wouldn't be able to tell that it was {spun|generated}}. {Some people|There are certain writers who} can {do things with a {higher skill set|better skills|more skills} than others|produce {high quality|great} {spun|generated} {articles|content}}. You {just need to|should} {find|hire} them instead of {clicking|choosing} the "one-click-spin" {button|option}.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah it requires a very skilled person to generate high quality spun content that can fool the search engines.

Not.

Last edited:

theoriginalemily

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you're trying to pick a fight with me. First you say that there is no such thing as a readable spin then you say that it does not take skill. You're wrong on both counts but none of that has to do with the OPs issue. I came to this thread to address the OPs query and that's what I've done.

I don't mean to step on your toes being a new SEO "guru" on the forum. I have no intention of selling any SEO related services here so I'm not competition to you. I'm here because I would like to leave SEO for domaining so you don't have to feel threatened by my presence.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not trying to pick a fight. Just think it's ridiculous that you think it takes a lot of skill to produce a readable spin. I can guarantee that whatever spun article you show me, it will be incredibly obvious a real person didn't write the article. But then again, may be your definition of quality is different to mine.

theoriginalemily

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I gave you a few sentence in spintax a few posts up. Here they are unspun a few times:

You can't tell the difference. Some people can produce high quality spun content. You should hire them instead of clicking the "one-click-spin" button.

You wouldn't be able to tell that it was spun. There are certain writers who can do things with a higher skill set than others. You just need to hire them instead of choosing the "one-click-spin" button.

You wouldn't know. There are certain writers who can produce high quality spun content. You should hire them instead of choosing the "one-click-spin" button.

Are those "incredibly obvious" that they were spun?

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A few sentences doesn't prove much. Show me a complete article spun with multiple spins, then you may have proved a point. To get to the point that would be considered "decent" I am sure it would have taken you a heck of a lot of time to spin as well, which I'd much rather reserve for writing a good article from scratch.

theoriginalemily

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A few sentences doesn't prove much. Show me a complete article spun with multiple spins, then you may have proved a point. To get to the point that would be considered "decent" I am sure it would have taken you a heck of a lot of time to spin as well, which I'd much rather reserve for writing a good article from scratch.

Exactly! I think we're on the same page on this one. It takes a heck of a lot of time and work to create a few sentences over and over and over again until you have a whole article spun at sentence, paragraph and word/phrase level. If I'm working with a tough keyword it's worth doing because that one article can be used thousands of times but for many keywords it is unnecessary. If you are just submitting to a few article directories (like the OP) it is unnecessary.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Spun copy looks fine when you are trying to prove a point - as the examples above show - but when it's attempted en masse in order to "fool" Google (no other search engine is worth "fooling") then rest assured that eventually Google will pick up those ever-so-slight variations that you've created.

utuxia

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
manual spinning by someone who cares is always going to be better than a fiverr gig or some automated button. I created a spintax tool myself to help with the process http://texthat.com if anyone's interested.

seoexperttools

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you think you are going to get away from Google with spun content these days then you are in for a big surprise.

James-A

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Submitting informative content in authoritative websites will surely provide you with the best results. This will help in terms of improving your keyword rankings and thereby the incoming traffic to the website. You will come across many article directories online, however it is important to submit only in the best ones.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I'm not an expert on the subject, I will study the article written and add my own spin to it by rewriting it in my own words, see if TBS has better synonyms and then proof read it manually changing some phrases into high CPC keywords. It's a more tedious process than just spinning an article, but rest assured it comes out unique with the same valuable content as the original. I will not attempt to spin the final product and repost it though.

James-A

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Article writing is a great platform for creating an efficient online presence. In order to write a perfect and unique article, it is important to take information from various sources and then write it on your own. Also, you must add your opinions about the subject you are writing on. Don't just feature the information that is already available in different words, it is important to make it unique and readable.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Article writing is a great platform for creating an efficient online presence. In order to write a perfect and unique article, it is important to take information from various sources and then write it on your own. Also, you must add your opinions about the subject you are writing on. Don't just feature the information that is already available in different words, it is important to make it unique and readable.

when you explain it so simply and make it appear to be such an easy task... that it often gets dismissed as truth

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators