Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Ask about the trademark legal cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohasa

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:?:I have some case regarding the new gTLDs domain and specific for sell and bay a domain because i had taken some new domain and i have planning to sell it in future but in same time i am worry about any legal snafu, as everyone know the www.101domain.com using a International Trademark Registration way through www.101domain.tm so some of domain name shown for me a Trademark message like agreement acceptance before completing the registration phase in this time i had avoid to complete any of it.

But some domain not shown to me an trademark message and i have completed and buy it but the name of this domain its for some largest companies so in my case i need to clarify the legal side to sell it in future to same companies?

For more clarify find the example below

There is an company name "felt" for bike and if some one take a gTLDs domain "www.felt.bike" and want to sell it again can be or not and what about the legal side please advice me

Thanks
Mohammed Salman

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You cannot register trademarks. Simple as that.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well "felt" is a common word, but the .bike thing makes it iffy. Man, just stay away from new gtld's, too confusing. Too many issues.

Mohasa

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know but i got some domain with no retraction and not appear any message or any trademark agreement alert, Can I sell it again or not ?

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know but i got some domain with no retraction and not appear any message or any trademark agreement alert, Can I sell it again or not ?

You lost me.... Honestly, I don't know what you are talking about.

I think you are saying, you have a domain that is a TM and you want to know if you can sell it, right?

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You'll be notified when your domain contains an SLD string found in the Trademark Clearing House. That may or may not mean that you're violating someone's mark.

For example, if you're registering Garbage.bike and see a notification for "Garbage" as a registered trademark related to Luxury Travel, then there is probably no conflict. But if you saw a trademark for "Garbage" related to biking, then you'd be in violation.

Be careful registering these nTLDs. They may feel exciting due to all the domainer blogs talking about them. But there is no guarantee you can sell even the good ones. They're not only higher cost to invest in, they're also higher risk due to the lack of sales to point to.

There are enough domain opportunities out there that you should avoid ANY domain with a trademark issue. Why add that extra risk?

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He sent me a PM. His domain is the equivalent of owning bmw.auto.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are enough domain opportunities out there that you should avoid ANY domain with a trademark issue. Why add that extra risk?
My contribution:

"There are enough domain opportunities out there that you should avoid ANY domain with an exotic extension. Why add that extra risk?"

I mean good luck selling those .bike domains
:)

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a sad fact ... If all the people who go after trademarked terms would instead invest in quality domains owned by domainers, everybody involved would have more money. Except the registrars, of course.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Looks like when feltbicycles.com finds out, you might be hearing from them.

But check out the nerve of this guy: Nike.bike

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got your PM. Dude the name is a straight TM, no questions asked. Blatant TM and a waste of cash.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You cannot register trademarks. Simple as that.

you aren't supposed to....but you can register them.
if they aren't blocked by the registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom