Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

BackorderZone

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not much discussion on this backorder service for about a year and at that time it was AVOID, SCAM, SPAM, etc. reviews.

However, I came across a domain name that I want and it's owned by a registry that links to BellNames (though on another that uses the same cookie cutter template as the rest), which uses BackorderZone. Logic puts it if they own it and a backorder is processed, they would have first dibs over Namejet or another venue (as GoDaddy similarly does this with their backorder/expiring auctions).

Any suggestions?

Just pay the $49 and shut up if nothing happens? :?:

Domain summit 2024

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
David you need to tell us what's the value of this domain to you...If you can flip it same day for $2,000 then $49 is a reasonable risk no matter what.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personal stash, so I'll do it.

Just wondering if I should place a backorder elsewhere at this point to get it.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, why not? "Personal Stash" means a name you plan on developing and not selling. So more than likely it is one of those personally names that will not have much competition at drop. I would say try Pheenix, they are pretty solid and only $18 last time I checked. Good luck man...

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure where Pheenix sprang up from but their success rate has been up there with Snap lately. They've beaten snap/namejet on multiple occasions for some of the top names.

As for backorderzone, they've been having good success in the mediocre type names.. yes sprang up from spamming unfortunately, but becoming more known now. Ironically I use snap and caught one name through bellnames.. it only happened once but never knew they had any type of relationship before. Again it was only a one-time occurrence. Normally I believe you must backorder directly at their site.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not clear on your question, its an expiring name owned by backorderzone/bellnames so you're wondering about some type of pre-release auction before the normal drop? Or asking about the name going through the full drop cycle? Or making an offer to buy from owner?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's in redemptionPeriod, expired 2/1. It's held by a registry that has the same 1 page cookie cutter design as all the other registries under BellNames has.

Is it best to place a backorder through BackorderZone as this is their affiliated drop service, Namejet or others?

I don't want to be scammed by BZ if they place automatic "proxy bids" from other “bidders" thus making me pay more than necessary for what most would consider a regfee/mediocre domain without prior knowledge / Japanese / etc.

Should I place a backorder with them after reviewing their track record, someone else or take my chance on pending deletion to handreg it myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators