Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Being able to clear transactions in crypto is essential right now

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Earlier this week, I was in communication with a veteran domainer, and by this, I mean a top 5 of all time domainer with a very significant portfolio. Without naming names, this was his exact quote to me:

"As far as crypto hardly anyone is using it to buy domains"

Ladies and gentlemen, I am here to tell you that the market for clearing domains with crypto is red hot with large buyers especially from Asia clearing in BTC, ETH and USDT as preferred medium of exchange, with 6 and 7 figure transactions being done on a routine basis, almost none of which is being announced.

If you have a buyer on the hook and need help closing a deal, involving crypto or not, happy to assist there. In the meantime, if you have not checked it out, I advise to take a few moments to get familiar with the very intuitive Epik escrow workflow for doing deals using crypto.

See here: https://escrow.epik.com/

1. Indicate your role:

1626304733714.png

2. Identify the counterparties:
1626304797686.png

3. Set up the deal
-- it works for domains but also entire websites as website brokerage and escrow have also become popular. Here is a hypothetical example of someone buying DNForum website -- it is a demo, the site is not for sale!

1626304897865.png

nicole2020

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's true.

Espeically the local bank in china has limits to receive the oversea currency. At this moment, crypto payment acts an important role in an escrow transaction. It's more convenience and fast for Chinese user to get their fund.

Besides, Epik has different language support which can help different language users have smooth communications. That's really fablous.

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I think most domain investors prefer selling the domain name for crypto and getting paid in crypto.

The world changes too fast, and Defi and crypto are becoming modes of payment for many users. More and more countries will follow what El Salvador adopted. I can see cryptocurrency becoming legal tender in more countries.

That's said, actually not offering your domain for sale in crypto will going to affect the domain sales.

I would offer every payment option including crypto and that's possible with using Epik world-class domain landing page.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

keep your crypto..... i want cash!

go ahead and sell your top tier .com for crypto, then watch bitcoin value drop two days later.

imo....

ncabete

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi

keep your crypto..... i want cash!

go ahead and sell your top tier .com for crypto, then watch bitcoin value drop two days later.

imo....
You can for example pick a stablecoin like USDT if you don't want to risk losing value.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it's great to be able to accept whatever currency you would like from the buyer, or what the buyer would like to pay in, for as long as you can immediately settle the sales price in the currency of your choice.

Though, this is an additional step for most people to do.

If you have to set a BIN in crypto that's pegged to the dollar, I would want an option to add a percentage as a volatility fee.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Earlier this week, I was in communication with a veteran domainer, and by this, I mean a top 5 of all time domainer with a very significant portfolio. Without naming names, this was his exact quote to me:

"As far as crypto hardly anyone is using it to buy domains"

Ladies and gentlemen, I am here to tell you that the market for clearing domains with crypto is red hot with large buyers especially from Asia clearing in BTC, ETH and USDT as preferred medium of exchange, with 6 and 7 figure transactions being done on a routine basis, almost none of which is being announced.

If you have a buyer on the hook and need help closing a deal, involving crypto or not, happy to assist there. In the meantime, if you have not checked it out, I advise to take a few moments to get familiar with the very intuitive Epik escrow workflow for doing deals using crypto.

See here: https://escrow.epik.com/

1. Indicate your role:

View attachment 5146

2. Identify the counterparties: View attachment 5147

3. Set up the deal -- it works for domains but also entire websites as website brokerage and escrow have also become popular. Here is a hypothetical example of someone buying DNForum website -- it is a demo, the site is not for sale!

View attachment 5148
Good to know we can use Crypto and for fully operating websites.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom