Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Best place to get video ads from

Status
Not open for further replies.

digicoremedia

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am launching a site that will offer free thoroughbred handicapping picks for people going to the track. Will have a forum etc There will be no gambling on the site at all just our service of picking winners based off of custom software. We want to offer the picks for free but need to get paid. My thought was that I could make people watch a 15 second video type ads before they could see the picks. Kind of like yahoo does before you watch a sports related video on their site.

Because there is some element of gambling involved I dont know that google would put video ads on it. Any thoughts on what ad platform may allow me to do it this way and supports video ads? Thought about adbrite but not sure there TOS allows it to play while the user is waiting for the software to generate the picks for the track they select.

Any ideas are appreciated

Domain summit 2024

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a cool site. I love handicapping. If you need any beta-testers or just want to share the site, let me know.

Are you sure about this video ad idea? I know I just can't stand them. Is there any evidence that they are higher return than standard text or graphical ads? I'd be hesitant to add them for fear of losing traffic. I would lean toward a standard ad unit with a note *this link will open in a new window - your picks will still be generated.*

digicoremedia

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Each time the user clicks on the picks section the software reruns the race simulation 50,000 times for each race on the card. It takes a few seconds to run everything. It will even calculate out the best pick 6 wagers pick 3s etc as well as shwoing percentage of times that each exacta/quinella trifecta and superfecta combination should come in. It is pretty indepth. Once it is live I will set you up a free account

Because of the time to process the selections I thought imbeded video would be good. The long term goal is to get TVG or twinspires to put a video ad there. There is (will be) a paid membership section with no videos etc. It will only be on the 1 free track. It is going to show something that says 50000 simulations are being run on each race please watch the video until it is complete or something like that. Not sure if I will loose anyone or not. Going to have to test it out. Just not sure how many people will click text ads I know I never do so video seems like the next best option considering there is going to be a delay anyway while the picks are being generated.

Just not sure may offer something where if you register you dont see the ads so I can build a database of handicappers just not sure how to really monetize it as most PPC providers dont like gambling related sites

onlinetv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It took a couple reads to understand what you may be looking for. Am I correct that you want some kind of banner, text, or scoll advert to play over a video you already have and want to embed this video into the page where your results will display so they can watch it while the page generates the results? If this is the case then it is fairly easy. Let me know.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators