Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Best trademark attorney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

interbuy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What trade mark attorney have you had good consultations and results with?

Regards,

interbuy

Domain Summit 2024

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you looking to create a trademark? Or, looking to defend a claim against you, e.g. for a UDRP case?

If it's the latter, you might want to go with John Berryhill. www.johnberryhill.com . Although, since you're in Canada (as I am), you might prefer to go with someone local, if things progress to the courts. www.lexpert.ca might be useful to find someone close to you.

interbuy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry the question was regarding defending a UDRP case against a domain that you owned.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd talk to Berryhill. If you do a search at:

http://www.icann.org/udrp/

or

http://www.icann.org/udrp/udrpdec.htm ("berryhill")

you can tell he knows his stuff. UltSearch uses him, too.

Good luck in your case. If it's a generic, you shouldn't have to worry too much.....all depends on the name, though, and your motives for buying it, and how you're using it (probably best not to mention the name on this public forum, until the case is over).

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
In that case, John Berryhill is definitely a good choice. Although he can be rather sarcastic at times. :^)

He's got some great posts on the GA-DNSO list.

interbuy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies, I had already consulted with John Berryhill and was looking for second opinion.

I got it from a lawyer by the name of Patrick W. Fletcher. He was very helpfull and current with his knowledge of UDRP.

interbuy

i

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would recommend Ari Goldberger, Carl Oppedahl, Gerry Davis, Joe Mize, Brett Wakino, Bret Fausett, Neil Smith, Stephen Anderson, Steven Sturgeon, Zak Muscovitch, Howard Neu, Eric Grimm, David Steele, Dale Robertson, and I sure hope I didn't leave anyone out there. Every attorney has his or her own style and his or her own set of experiences on which to draw. You will likely find a range of worthwhile opinions from the ones mentioned here.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mr Berryhill. Please provide a point of contact. I'd like to send you some work :)

HOWARD

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Win and John - thank you for your recommendations. I, too, believe that John Berryhill and Ari Goldberger are excellent in this field.

dotsplash

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
fyi,
I went to Ari goldberger (Esqwire.com) in one of my tough times and never looked back for anybody else!

Ari is extremely knowledgable (in cyberlaws/domains/tradmarks), understanding, flexible, helpful and quick to act to make situation in client's favor (before it gets too late)

Thanks Ari ! you have been valuable/indispensable resource to us.

(I'm sure all other lawyers , as mentioned above, are equally competent and knowledgable)

regards,

Ari Goldberger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comments. Just doing my job. I also would recommend the other attorneys mentioned above, some with whom I have enjoyed working with.

Shak

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I can 2nd the recommendation for Adlex Solicitors, Adam Taylor there is hot on domain issues.

Also Alex Chapman at www.briffa.com

I have used both of the above in the past, and have never had any problems.

Shak

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom