Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Betting / Fun / Contest Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
This is a fun little contest. There are three categories / competitions. Rules are as follows:

1) An entry in each category costs 100 DNF (i.e. if you enter all three categories, it will cost you 300 DNF).

2) You may sumbut any amount of entries for each category, only one (the best) will count. If you submit an entry, and you find a better match for the contest, then submit your better result. You will NOT have to cough up another 100 DNF (i.e. Once you are in, you are IN - no additional DNF Bux for further entries).

3) Winner takes all in each category.

4) PM me your entry and send the DNF Bux to me. Entries that are not accompanied with the DNF payment within 10 minutes will be cancelled.

5) This thread will be closed so nobody can post to it. Everybody is on their own. Results will be published here after the contest ends.

6) In case of ties (i.e. two people have the same answer), the person who PMed me first will be the winner.

7) 50% cotton, 50% polyester, machine wash cold, tumble dry low heat. Packaged by weight and not volume. Contents may have settled during shipment. Offer void where prohibited. (And all that legal jazz :D )

8) Any questions, please PM me. I will post clarifications here.

9) Contest ends Friday/Saturday November 15, 2002.

10) Decisions by the moderator is final.

11) Everybody is elegible to participate, except me.

12) Only .COM, .NET, and .ORG are elegible for entry.

13) All results must be verifiable by WHOIS information at the TIME OF the CONTEST CLOSE.

Now, the fun part:

Category 1:
Find the domain name that has been expired for the longest time. If your entry is renewed before the contest close, the newly updated expiration date will be in effect (see rule 13).

Category 2:
Find the domain name with the earliest registrtion date. The name does not need to be current. Oh hold / expired names count, but only if verifiable with current WHOIS information.

Category 3:
The longest domain name with a website attached to it.
Notes:
a) "Website" is defined as a non-parking page that a lot of registrars give you when you register a name (i.e. parked).
b) The domain name must have been registered prior to 9/1/2002. This will prevent people from registering a 63 character domain name and putting up a Search Engine page just to win this catagory.
c) Length will NOT include the extension (although it really does not matter because com, net, and org are all the same length).

Enjoy! This should be fun!

-Bob

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Extending until the end of the weekend. Get your bets in for the earliest registration, longest site with a name attached, and the name that has been expired the longest.

-Bob

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Winners:

category 1:

Mohono
Name: Ratan.com
Expired: 10/12/1998
Prize: 100 DNF (Sorry, only one entry in this category :( )

Catagory 2:
StocDoctor
Name: Symbolics.com
Registration Date: 3/15/1985
Prize: 700 DNF
Notes: Several people entered Symbolics.com. StocDoctor was the first. Other honorable mentions: IBM.com, ATT.com, Think.com

Category 3:
Ed30
Name: 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123.com
Prize: 400 DNF

Although there were a few entries at the 63 character limit, Ed submitted the first one.

Honorable mention:

http://www.thisisthelongestdomainnamethereisanditssixtysevencharacterslong.com

http://3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592.net/

Thank you to all the participants.

This thread is now unlocked.

-Bob

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
YeHa!

I needed those points too!

Thanks for the contest Bob.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by stocdoctor
YeHa!

I needed those points too!

Thanks for the contest Bob.

I know it. You are below 19k points. . . Better buy some more :razz:

:D

-Bob

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Memories If I may digress

Way the hell back when, I talked to my partner with a crazy idea of registering (for free I might add) a few names in my industry. Heck, we were some of the first to disseminate the stock market news over the Net so why not?

I said "lets do Wallstreet.com, Stocks.com and Bonds.com" amongst others. Holding true to the freedom idea of the Internet, he replied that "THEY wouldn't just let someone OWN such generic and descriptive addresses like that". I said "yeah, I guess you're right", and "this Web graphics stuff would just slow down the speed of the Internet as well".

I vowed never EVER to make that mistake again, if THEY ever opened up the Internet to new gTLDs.

A

alaneads

haha, good thing you didnt get those, you'd have to spend all your time figuring out what to do with that cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators