Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainstreamDomains

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
read my experience before you decide on GD cash parking...

I applied to the full paid upgrade of GD CP, parked all my domains there in addition to about 6 domains that have full sites and high SE ranking, in addition the extensive advertising and promotion done for them over the years. We parked the developed domains, intending it would last for about 3 weeks. One of the domains started doing $40/day and on the 1t weekend day (when the actual site has the most sales/traffic) we must of had atleast $100 that day for PPC parking on the domain - when they decided to red-flag the domain and take remove it from CP citing that it was impossible for a parked domain with that name to get that much traffic unless I used some hacking or traffic generating software to do it (WTH???)

I called 3 times, emailed every department they referred me to, including [email protected] explaining the traffic simply came from the traffic we built up over the years and visitors not knowing the sites was temp. parked for a few weeks - and that they could research all this thru: google. alexa, way back machine and the sites we advertise on...

All the responses they gave me seemed to be pulled out of some generic written response without investigating my particular case with due diligence!

IN all the took back the $220+ that domain generated in 5 days! and what revenue would have been generated for the remaining 2 weeks the sites would have been parked.

STAY AWAY FROM GODADDY CASH PARKING!

They are theives - I am certain they will not even credit the advertistors they just pocket all the money dishonestly - no rule was broke, I had 3 phone reps confirm that, yet they did not have authority to change anything.

I exhausted every resources to straighten this based on principle - although the site would have generated over $1000 for the 3 week cash parking tenure...

I am trying to find time to switch to SEDO - though Im not really liking them much either...

please leave similar bad experiences...

ALSO I had a domain stolen out of my GD account and they are doing little to assist. Domain is now held by an offshore place in carribean where there is no int'l law concerning this sort of this - they company is asking $10,000 for the domain - which they stole!!! One that is unique and valuable only to me - and would probably not sell for even $20 here! I am so unhappy with GoDaddy - I cant afford to fight legally at the same level as them. But I have had success in the past discrediting companies I feel are unjust and costing them big business - if they deserve it only. I may start an online petition among other things to get some momentum going if they do not do anything to assist me in the next few month.

I was such a loyal and satisfied customer of their for over 6 years - spendinng $20,000+ thru them and generating $100,000's in reseller sales for them over the years!!! what the heck - thats the thanks I get. The only way I can get the domain back is with GD's help to track the history of the domain and the exact date it was stolen. The theif knew that I may not notice this particular domain missing, but it would be one I would pay $ for to get back - and other domains I would notice as that account held only certain names and almost all my domains at the time with the expection of that one and some others - were developed as sites so I would definitely notice! I HATE GODADDY they have cost me big - not sure I will ever get the stolen domain back - but I need to.

Last edited:

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry you had a bad experience. I have never used them but it seems that your having bad experiences with a lot of things lately.

MainstreamDomains

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
yeah i guess so - but some bad luck as been balanced out by good luck also - thankful for that - i guess its also 1 more learning experience...wanted others not to face the same!

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy was good years ago. Lately they have been a living hell. Has taken me 2 years to pull almost 1000 domains out of there. Buyer beware!

charrisg

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i agree....its the worst cash parking...

xmax22

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good one, just cancel my Godaddy Domain F***k Park

VTEC

Flying at 9.200 rpm...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy was good years ago. Lately they have been a living hell. Has taken me 2 years to pull almost 1000 domains out of there. Buyer beware!

and you have moved them to...??

(sorry, just curious, have heard to many bad things about GD recently)

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
VTEC,

Have been moving them to Fabulous.com and Moniker.com.

Fabulous only accepts 4 extensions from US citizens (.com, .net, .org, .info). They do not offer private registration pursuant to Australian law. Their prices are extremely cheap (if you qualify for wholesale pricing), their system is top notch and superfast, and the support is superlative.

The rest I reg at Moniker, which offers great service, discount prices (you have to ask), private registration if you need it, and almost every extension in the world.

SoCalBoy

Last edited:

iboughta.com

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with the Godaddy experience. They used to be very good. And then are now in an Year on year crazy growth addiction...

Be aware also of when buying domain there. Using there search box, and they might decide that it was a good domain, so, they will register for them.(or at least for a few days to test it).
Also, the fact of putting the 2 years registry by default on second page.

Of putting some very attractive prices like $19.99 box for a .TV at the moment...well, this is not available to renew the domain with them...so, the second year, will cost you big time, at the moment $44 !!!
Same for info, biz and so on.

Something positive though: They are extremely quick on changing DNS from my experiences. Usually a matter of minutes. Also, I can register a domain and have a website up and running in minutes which is extremely impressive. Hopefully this will stay like that..cause at the moment...there is a confidence crisis.

I would strongly recommend Parked.com for parking domain ! CTR will be much better than Godaddy and you can personalise your page.
Sedo has a better Conversion for me, but paid per click is much lower (finance keywords which one day would give you a $5 per click, would suddenly give you $0.01 per click when Sedo decide so) ...and have the same attitude as Godaddy...so I would advise to stay away from Sedo too.

Fabulous has a very low CTR, and payout (in my experience, as I know some people are very happy with them) for me, but SEO is extremely impressive, the few domains parked there appear in very good position in Search engines. Lot of tools available in Fabulous very impressive too.

As a conclusion, try Parked for parking. (please note that it is an affiliate link. Up to you to leave the link unchanged. Fabulous, Sedo, Audience Active...are also running ref program. I am not recommending parked for the ref link but because I really think that they are the best parking company at the moment, or at least the one we can ALL trust - Bad experience in the past with other provider).

hoecake2

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been warned about GoDaddy from some of the real players in the domain industry. I transferred all 2000+ names to Moniker.

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy cash parking used to be good ???
I think they were bad from the start. When they just launched their services , I have taken part in and paid for 3 months parking services and enjoy such a poor templates , low bid and horrible stats. After 3 months and reach $150 or so , I dont dare to renew my cash parking services . With a $%#@ payout cycle , it keep me months to confirm that I never receive my check ! I emailed godaddy staff and ask what happened ? Even I dont renew my cashparking account , they still need to pay what they owe me , right ? They told me they will do a research about my case but never get back from them.

>> parking domain in godaddy cashparking is a lost-lost situation : you waste the fees to take part in , and lost what you earn from your domain as well.

cleverlyslick

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
read my experience before you decide on GD cash parking...

I applied to the full paid upgrade of GD CP, parked all my domains there in addition to about 6 domains that have full sites and high SE ranking, in addition the extensive advertising and promotion done for them over the years. We parked the developed domains, intending it would last for about 3 weeks. One of the domains started doing $40/day and on the 1t weekend day (when the actual site has the most sales/traffic) we must of had atleast $100 that day for PPC parking on the domain - when they decided to red-flag the domain and take remove it from CP citing that it was impossible for a parked domain with that name to get that much traffic unless I used some hacking or traffic generating software to do it (WTH???)

I called 3 times, emailed every department they referred me to, including [email protected] explaining the traffic simply came from the traffic we built up over the years and visitors not knowing the sites was temp. parked for a few weeks - and that they could research all this thru: google. alexa, way back machine and the sites we advertise on...

All the responses they gave me seemed to be pulled out of some generic written response without investigating my particular case with due diligence!

IN all the took back the $220+ that domain generated in 5 days! and what revenue would have been generated for the remaining 2 weeks the sites would have been parked.

STAY AWAY FROM GODADDY CASH PARKING!

They are theives - I am certain they will not even credit the advertistors they just pocket all the money dishonestly - no rule was broke, I had 3 phone reps confirm that, yet they did not have authority to change anything.

I exhausted every resources to straighten this based on principle - although the site would have generated over $1000 for the 3 week cash parking tenure...

I am trying to find time to switch to SEDO - though Im not really liking them much either...

please leave similar bad experiences...

ALSO I had a domain stolen out of my GD account and they are doing little to assist. Domain is now held by an offshore place in carribean where there is no int'l law concerning this sort of this - they company is asking $10,000 for the domain - which they stole!!! One that is unique and valuable only to me - and would probably not sell for even $20 here! I am so unhappy with GoDaddy - I cant afford to fight legally at the same level as them. But I have had success in the past discrediting companies I feel are unjust and costing them big business - if they deserve it only. I may start an online petition among other things to get some momentum going if they do not do anything to assist me in the next few month.

I was such a loyal and satisfied customer of their for over 6 years - spendinng $20,000+ thru them and generating $100,000's in reseller sales for them over the years!!! what the heck - thats the thanks I get. The only way I can get the domain back is with GD's help to track the history of the domain and the exact date it was stolen. The theif knew that I may not notice this particular domain missing, but it would be one I would pay $ for to get back - and other domains I would notice as that account held only certain names and almost all my domains at the time with the expection of that one and some others - were developed as sites so I would definitely notice! I HATE GODADDY they have cost me big - not sure I will ever get the stolen domain back - but I need to.

I had the same problem with them.i'm done parking w/ godaddy.only use them for registration purposes.

davethebox

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have used Godaddy for years for reg purposes. But I agree that their cashparking is horrible. The highest traffic domain I have is a .net. After a few months on GD cashparking they banned the name! I have parked the same name at other sites over the years with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators