Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Bodis Fixed Price Listings -no confirmation email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Over the course of the last few days I've sold 3 or more domains at a fixed price through Bodis. I find it very strange that Bodis does not send the account holder an email when a buyer purchases a domain name from their account. In fact, I had to email support on Monday morning inquiring of the status of the transaction (I only knew about it because the buyer emailed me after purchase) and support didn't reply until almost 5 PM stating they were verifying the payment. As for the other two sales, no confirmation emails stating the domain was sold at all. They do however remove the for sale link after a buyer purchases the domain, that's about it. What if I were to sell this domain to another party in the meantime? I can see this causing major issues.

Let's compare that to two other sales I had over the weekend:

1) Godaddy: Buyer purchased domain at a fixed price around 7 PM last night, I received a "Your premium listing has sold" email immediately, domain was removed from my account and placed in buyer's account. I should receive payment by tomorrow. Done. (UPDATE: Godaddy payment received yesterday 8/13/13)

2) Afternic: Buyer purchased domain, I received an email stating the domain was sold pending financial verification, on Monday the domain went into Afternic Escrow, should complete within a few days. (UPDATE: Afternic payment received today 8/14/13)

The downfall I see with Bodis is 1) There are no confirmation emails sent to seller, many complications can arise if they are still marketing the domain name through other channels. 2) Payments seem to take an unusual amount of time to process.

Stay tuned, I haven't even started the "escrow process" on these 3 domains yet..

Last edited:

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not a single response from support today.... :?:

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still no response from "support", total of 1 email response in 48 hours. Called Bodis today during business hours, forwarded to voicemail..what a shame.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would guess your E-mails are not getting through (or the other way around).

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would guess your E-mails are not getting through (or the other way around).

No, i don't think that's it. Others have complained of no sales confirmation email to the seller as well as a lack of support...unless my emails have been reaching 99.9999% of their intended targets, except Bodis.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

At this time I think I can give my official review of the Bodis fixed price listing platform. In summary, it needs work, support at Bodis also needs work. I find it ridiculous that I have to wait 2-3 days for a simple response. I believe there is probably one person that works for support, this sentiment is also reflected at the NP forum, which Bodis now owns. It took at least 4 days to receive a confirmation email that my domains had sold, I was then required to unlock all domains and transfer them to Bodis escrow at Dynadot, regardless of where the buyer wanted the domain. Emailing support and not receiving a response for multiple days is fairly typical and "accepted" by them. It's now well over a week since the first sale, no payment. The domains were all released to Dynadot last week, no confirmation from support when my funds will be released..nothing.

As a comparison, I completed sales through: Godaddy premium listings, Afternic (which required escrow), Escrow.com, Sedo (required transfer out) and multiple private sales through Paypal in the 9-10 days since I sold 3 fixed price listings at Bodis.

My official recommendation, if you're considering moving domains to Bodis to test the fixed price listings...don't. Maybe in the future they will hire more support personnel and get it together, until then, I'll be moving the few thousand domains I moved there back to my old parking company. Note: Bodis also does not allow for a "make offer" option, its either for sale at fixed price or not for sale.

**I emailed Matt directly and received a response every 24 hours or so, which was nice, but I shouldn't have to reach out to him simply because I know him from the forums**

STEPHAN

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least you got an answer from Matt. I only got answers from him before I moved domains there (through Above). However, after that no response to any mail, always cc'ed Matt.

Moved all away again.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As an update, I received all payments last night. I also completed the transition to move all domains to old parking company. Shame, Bodis paid fairly well.

TopDomainDeal

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very disappointed with Bodis.
I moved all my domains from DomainAdversting 2 months ago after reading some very nice reviews about Bodis. In November the reviews confirmed and I had much better revenue than with DomainAdvertising. Halway through December still very good revenue and suddenly Bodis decides to hit hard everyone - revenue dropped significantly , CPC dropped average - 10 times, RPM dropped 2-3 times.
This all happened after Bodis decided to change something in their politic and in this hard times to hit harder on its customers.
I will wait to see what happens until the end of December and maybe New Year - New parking provider if Bodis still sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators