Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Can Someone explain this forum term to me & a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

ck89102

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another Petros Gem:

I agree 100% - This is a place where many resellers and almost no end users hang out. Resellers are not interested in web developing, the only thing they(we) want is a potential ROI with as little work as possible. In order to make sure they will get the ROI, they play safe and invest in domains that have a defined(to some extent) value in the current market. It is either (1) Revenue names, where they can precisely calculate the time it will take them to get the ROI + profit, (2) High quality generics and (3) Liquid domains. The latter represents the category of names that are "hot" in the current market. Domain names that increase in value at a fast rate (50-200% per year) and the reseller knows that if he buys such a name he will get a ROI+nice profit almost certainly by next year. Justifiable or not, a bubble or not, the market right now is hot for the ultra liquid LLL.com/net's and pronounceable LLLL.com's .
And the only reason that these names are so liquid is that there are many potential end users who will eventually pay big money to buy them - The simple guideline is: The more potential end users out there, the easier it is for a domain name to be liquefied in the reseller market.

Resellers will not buy(unless it is an obvious gem like NewYorkLoans.com) keyword rich domains from other resellers because there is nothing that tells them that they will get ROI for that. The risk is high. They do register however these names because the risk of investment is low when we are talking about $7-8/name.

Before I sum up I would like to note that I would have a hell of a time (and could be laughed at) if I tried to sell MinnesotaHeartSurgeon.com for low $x,xxx in this forum, even though the domain has a much higher value to some Heart Surgeons in Minnesota. You will see resellers register hundreds and thousands of such domains, but they all aim for end users(either passively or actively) and none of the savvy ones tries to sell them here - they know they would be wasting their time.

So my advise is, if you want to flip names in reseller forums, supply your inventory with domains that fall into the 3 categories I described above. Don't be disappointed that you cannot sell your keyword rich domain names here, nobody can.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I personally don't care & have no problem minding my own business but when people deliberately publicly post either ridiculously low offers when one clearly states that offers are to be my private message only or people place comments when the forum says no comments to deliberately lower your domain values and certain moderators look the other way, I basically learned this forum is not for me. At least I take solice in the fact, that other people are aware of this behavior too.

If you had any idea how many comments like those that our moderators remove (daily basis), you would probably take a step back and perhaps thank them for all they do.
You have not reported 1 post since you have been a member here, please use the report post feature, that's why we have it. Any such comment that breaks the rules would have been deleted promptly had you done such. You have been asked already to report posts you are unhappy with and wish to be reviewed.

This image is the one to click next to any post you want to report:
http://www.dnforum.com/images/buttons/report.gif
Please click the link so you become familiar with what it looks like.

Peachesbackwards

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've reported several posts since I've been here that were attempts to drive my price down: Specifically I listed a website that was ranked #2 on Google and the program itself cost over $200 and was brand new and which I clearly wrote offers by PM only, to which this person, replied publically $12.50 in an attempt to humiliate me and lower the price. I then, listed another website for sale, and one veteran then decided to not even make me an offer but appraise it publically for $1.69 when I said offers by PM only. I thought people are not allowed to do this on this forum. Look this stuff up, if you think I'm making this up.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have as have the moderators, nothing was reported by you.
Just in case this needs further clarification, sending a PM is not a report, I'm referring to the built in feature where you click this button next to any post:
http://www.dnforum.com/images/buttons/report.gif

BTW, it happens often where people post their offer when the OP asked for offers via PM only. We clean up a lot of those types of posts. People make mistakes and perhaps overlook the rules of the sale as dictated by the OP. If you have an issue with someone on the forum, bring it up with them in the PMB, and report the post as well, so the moderators or myself may clean it up.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Petros hit it right on the head!....Great insight Petros!.....:cheers:

I agree 100% - This is a place where many resellers and almost no end users hang out. Resellers are not interested in web developing, the only thing they(we) want is a potential ROI with as little possible. In order to make sure they will get the ROI, they play safe and invest in domains that have a defined(to some extent) value in the current market. It is either (1) Revenue names, where they can precisely calculate the time it will take them to get the ROI + profit, (2) High quality generics and (3) Liquid domains. The latter represents the category of names that are "hot" in the current market. Domain names that increase in value at a fast rate (50-200% per year) and the reseller knows that if he buys such a name he will get a ROI+nice profit almost certainly by next year. Justifiable or not, a bubble or not, the market right now is hot for the ultra liquid LLL.com/net's and pronounceable LLLL.com's .
And the only reason that these names are so liquid is that there are many potential end users who will eventually pay big money to buy them - The simple guideline is: The more potential end users out there, the easier it is for a domain name to be liquefied in the reseller market.

Resellers will not buy(unless it is an obvious gem like NewYorkLoans.com) keyword rich domains from other resellers because there is nothing that tells them that they will get ROI for that. The risk is high. They do register however these names because the risk of investment is low when we are talking about $7-8/name.

Before I sum up I would like to note that I would have a hell of a time (and could be laughed at) if I tried to sell MinnesotaHeartSurgeon.com for low $x,xxx in this forum, even though the domain has a much higher value to some Heart Surgeons in Minnesota. You will see resellers register hundreds and thousands of such domains, but they all aim for end users(either passively or actively) and none of the savvy ones tries to sell them here - they know they would be wasting their time.

So my advise is, if you want to flip names in reseller forums, supply your inventory with domains that fall into the 3 categories I described above. Don't be disappointed that you cannot sell your keyword rich domain names here, nobody can.

I agree with you on this, it is something that needs to be addressed by the forum staff because it is getting out of hand.

Peachesbackwards

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm a "tool" ,Virtualt- But you're too cheap to put your money where your mouth is. Attention members of the "Domain Cartel". After this imbecile goon- attention, moderator: as he called me "a tool" and told me to "piss off"- I'm responding in kind, insulted me publically trying to score points here, I sent him a private message telling him, just refund my costs for joining this board & I'll get off this forum and it will help you gain membership to the "Domain Cartel"- he's too cheap to do even that. Members of the "domain Cartel" I think you should consider that when he try to gain membershiip with you guys and tries to does deals with you. Do you truly want someone who's too cheap to pay someone $65, in your group? Think About that.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Peaches your sarcasm is not funny, you are not going to make a lot of friends around here.

Thomas Nash

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Aren't you the cheap one asking around for $65? :yes:

Peachesbackwards

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
No

You're a good guy Petrosc and I'm sorry if I offended you. The thing is, some of these self righteous people think they can insult me but if I respond in kind, I'm the bad guy and I'm at fault. Anyway, I will try to keep a low profile and not get into it publically and figure the best punishment people like VirtualT is that he's himself. Wouldn't wish that on anyone. Nice teeth you have VirtualT. Just a reminder, smoking causes cancer. By the way. Virtual T just sent me a harassing PM.

Nestvman

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To Peaches & Toria THANK YOU Both! I too have been dicouraged and have found this site has way too many low ballers on it. But, like Real Estate the market will bear out the value...For me personally, I value the education I garner from most all of you. I own 75+ Domains, my goal was to target to the end user. I don't necessarily think you'll find them hear, as most seem to be Resellers or Brokersand thus the low ball offers. Thought you should also know that today I got an email from Yahoo, saying that they are reaising my renewal on my Domains from $9.99 to $12.99...that's a killer...especially for guys like Toria how owns 500+ domains...I guess you really need to have some success selling some of those just to keep ahead. I look forward to that day.
Nestvman

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got lowballed many times too, until I offered revenue names or nice generics.

I just got lowballed again 5 mins ago - but life goes on :) Instead of whinging I am off to find another domain ;)

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
blah, blah blah, "Domain Cartel". blah, blah blah, "Domain Cartel"- he's too cheap to do even that. Members of blah, blah blah, "domain Cartel" I think blah, blah blah,.

The first rule of the "Domain Cartel" is you do not talk about the "Domain Cartel".

That is all.

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To Peaches & Toria THANK YOU Both! I too have been dicouraged and have found this site has way too many low ballers on it. But, like Real Estate the market will bear out the value...For me personally, I value the education I garner from most all of you. I own 75+ Domains, my goal was to target to the end user. I don't necessarily think you'll find them hear, as most seem to be Resellers or Brokersand thus the low ball offers. Thought you should also know that today I got an email from Yahoo, saying that they are reaising my renewal on my Domains from $9.99 to $12.99...that's a killer...especially for guys like Toria how owns 500+ domains...I guess you really need to have some success selling some of those just to keep ahead. I look forward to that day.
Nestvman

I think I'd take this moment to switch to somebody else. GD will do the transfers for$6.99 which includes a 1 year renewal. Over $200. savings right there.:eek:k:

toria

Lifetime Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The first rule of the "Domain Cartel" is you do not talk about the "Domain Cartel".

That is all.

Ha ha ha!

Thanks for the laugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom