Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

CigarAficionado.ORG - Trademark Violations - I'm picking a fight with a heavy weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting article...
http://www.sellingfearlessly.com/20...s-not-selling-the-domain-value-he-says-it-is/

and yet another from Rick Schwartz...
http://www.ricksblog.com/2012/09/here-is-a-list-worse-than-pigeon-sht-domain-infringer-expose/

You're a shining example of why the media commonly refers to all domainers as "cybersquatters"

All your original post here was for was to give you a thrill.
You seem to think it will get you more "attention"... that you're somehow going to get search rankings / link juice from your little mental masturbation?
Somehow, I don't think that's the purpose of this forum section.

Stormy Seas

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I could give 2 popcorn kernals to care about what the media calls us. I dont consider myself a domainer, eventhough I probably sold more domains than most.
I got a huge thrill out of this ... because I'm right.

YOu know that feeling when you get around a table of so called experts and they are all laughing at you... calling you stupid.... thats an aha moment when should realize you have something special.
Most people give into the peer pressure. I will refrain from such mob mentality.

Realizing that I'm right Cartoonz... now you choose to attack me personally or attack my purpose.
I don't think the purpose of the forum is to respond to a post by calling the poster stupid.
I dont think the purpose of the forum is answer a post telling a person what they are doing is illegal when you don't know the particulars about the law or the situation.

I'll say it again... you can not trademark a general term and because you can NOT get me on that you are looking for other avenues for attack. This is called Monkey mentality. You have to find a way to knock me down. It doesn't matter that you are completely wrong. You and Beards are looking for a way to disprove me and all you have to do is simply realize that you are wrong. Then go back and read all of your response and then think how wrong you were and how you responded ... being 100% wrong. I have ranked sites and sell art prints based on my rank. Ranking is site and consulting large companies on how to rank their sites is how I make a living.

I'm not just a domainer. I didn't think I was going to get rich registering a domain and then selling it back and forth between domainers that don't realize the actual value of an internet property. I love how you quote that idiot Rick ... I got into it with him about a year and a half ago.

All the big name domainers got your guys completely spell bound and they got you guys in their sales funnel.... hyping you up for different domains and sellling them back and forth. You guys are worshiping these names because they have some back story and you think they can tell you the value of a domain name.

Listen up.... the value of a domain name should be based on it current rank in the search engines or its potential to rank. All else is BS.
If you rank a domain name for a keyword that is getting 100k searches a month then that denotes a valuable domain.

All of these so called domain stars like Ricky has all of you impressed with a story... a cult of personality. So you'd take his advice on the value of a domain name and that determination should not even remotely rest in the hands of a person.

Having a ranked site/domain for a high trafficked keyword is the same as having a business on a busy street in town. Domains and real estate are very similar and just because some guy says some land is valuable that doesn't make it so. You can build houses all day long but if that house is in the wrong location... you got nothing. Same thing with domains .... location , location , location. No location .... then you only got potential and potential is no where near as valuable as actual location.

The domain name industry is due a serious correction just like Bitcoin is going thru. Its amazing that all these industries ... PHotography.... Domains.... Online marketing is all based on a cult of personality .... like Tony Robbins and you see how great these guys are pretending to be and how great their lives are and you are sold that you can sell domains and online marketing. You go to summits and you drink the Kool-Aid. Then you try to sell you domains

AND GUESS WHAT you can't sell any. You buy domains and register them only to find that you aren't able to sell any. LOL , That was year one for me.
Till I realized that you have to go after end users and build and maintain a list. ONline marketing strategies for domains. Its the only thing that works. YOu can let Sedo, Godaddy, Afternic etc... promise to sell your domains ... or you can build and maintain your own lists. That takes work. No one is going to sell your domains but you ... you are the only one that cares.

I love how you mention Rick. That shows how in the Matrix you are. Listening to that bag of hot air.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
more self flagellation from you.

The assumptions that you make are rather amusing, I'll give you that. Completely absurd, totally incorrect, & absolute nonsense... but amusing all the same.

Stormy Seas

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
See all you can do is insult. Love that strategy .... it shows that your mind goes to the bottom when you have nothing valid to offer.
Every post shows. Each response makes this post more popular and active. You are helping me and you think you are showing me the error of my way.

Stormy Seas

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've already received a letter and that letter could be considered a TradeMark Bullying attempt to scare me into giving up my domain name, which could be placing them in an actionable position.

Read this and learn:
http://info.brandprotect.com/Blog/bid/86051/Trademark-Bullies-Guilty-as-Charged-or-Misunderstood

and note:
There are legal mechanisms that the “target” can use such as Rule 11 Sanctions and a declaratory judgment of non-infringement which is available to those who seek to thwart unreasonably aggressive tactics. However, these options are not always plausible because the plaintiff (most likely the weaker party) may not have the financial resources to pursue the defendant in court. As I mentioned earlier, trademark bullies found in the domain name space can be found to be engaging in RDNH which is defined under the UDRP. I wrote about RDNH in an earlier post and while there is no specific penalty for being labeled a as RDNH, it does cast a dark shadow on the complainant and could make it more difficult for any future UDRP that is filed. The respondent can use previous cases to show that the complainant has a history of being too aggressive. You can liken it to a scarlet letter in the domain world.

Stormy Seas

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you see the correlation. I do this quite often to sell my domains. People are so quick to start bullying and trashing people in these different forums.
I absolutely will not lighten up. In each instance... I posted and some jerk off responded as if they know what they are talking about.

I actually know what I'm talking about in this post and most posts. I do not insult people and take offense to be called out of my name which happens to be Roger... not stupid or ignorant.
You people are so quick to give your opinion and its like no one taught you how to behave. So I create traps and when I run into this .... my reaction is pretty standard. Its good that you found that other post. Read it 10 times and see what you will get if you give your opinion in an insulting way.
I have an opinion just like everyone in this room... If I respond to anyone's post... I am respectful. I do not call them stupid ... even if I think so.

You lightened up ... I don't do that. I trash and burn people like Cartoonz and Beards ... especially when they do not know the law and have not been involved with a court case.
Why would you focus on me and not on the people that are actually causing the issue. This is a post that I create and it seems not that its a feast to dis me and I'm the only one that is RIGHT. I would advise you Angel69 to reread this post and turn your attention to those that are wrong. Not investigate me for similar posts. Like that is making any kind of valid point.
Also please do not reply to my post unless its about the subject at hand. It takes a jerk to turn away from the subject and focus on the person as if that makes them any less correct.

This post is about how CigarAficionado is trying to bully and take my domain because I found a vulnerability. If you want to talk about that ... I'm all ears. Everything is a bunch of jerks looking to hear themselves AND NO ONE BEATS ME AT THAT GAME.

Stormy Seas

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
YOU PEOPLE DO NOT EVEN REALIZE HOW MUCH YOU ARE HELPING ME.

PLEASE KEEP DISSING ME.

If you understood online marketing you'd realize that the more active within forums and groups is what it takes to rank . What you are doing by continuing to respond to this is making this post active and popular with unique content. The fact that this post is about cigar aficionado ... and you are continually responding is going to rank this post for the keyword cigar aficionado which gets more than 22,000 searches a month in the U.S.
Eventhough this keyword gets 22,000 searches a month its a rather vulnerable keyword ... meaning most likely very easy to rank.

Considering that you can't trademark a general term like cigar aficionado... if this post ranks because yahoos want to beef with me... Helping me rank this post and getting even more attention to the .com that I own the .org , this will spotlighting me and this situation solely because it can't be ignored. Even now I bet this is a very popular thread within DNF. You all are trying to hide. I did that early online too. No one wants to buy things from ppl they can't track.

Everyone that responds negatively to my post are helping me. You are responding EMOTIONALLY. Telling me how stupid I am and finding my other posts. Next you will be finding my posts on Linkedin and facebook. LOL, Beards has already sent info to the CigarAFicionado.com about this post. Most likely the straight bullet I need to get even more of their attention. You all are really helping me because you want to knock me down so bad that you can taste it. Activity is how you rank and get attention online.

I want Cigar Aficionado the magazine's attention on this subject. I even love it if they joined this post and gave comments. All those that have responded negatively to my post ... to knock me down is doing exactly what I want.

Welcome to being used. Its a very effective online marketing strategy and vindicates posters that are getting slammed by these disrespectful commentators that are hiding behind their computers.
My name is Roger Seawright, you can easily find me online and in the real world. I do not use avatars to hide online. I want attention for this issue and you all are giving it to me in spades. Angel69 only just discovered my online marketing tactic. I know SEO and online marketing like the back of my hand and this antagonistic approach is the best online marketing tactic ever invented. Look at this post and see how much energy its created.

I developed this strategy after reading a book called Trust me I'm lying.
You all need to read it because you all are being use. Each response makes me proud. I've sold alot of domains this way ... I usually invade the niche. Using domainers is almost useless because domainers are cheap and don't want to actually pay true value for a domain and with this I understand how to use domainers. They are so proud and quick to respond to exhibit their expertise.
I swear Rick Swartz got his cronies to send me no less than 100 emails calling me out my name. I knew I had something when that happened. I had so called domain millionaires focusing all of their attention on little ole' me.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stormy Seas, the only reason why I was tempted to make that observation and write my earlier post was because I actually remembered that other thread lol. I had posted on it and mentioned you should examine and change your attitude when domainers advice or even criticize you. Not all criticism is bad. There's a tough type of criticism (I won't say 'constructive') and that's what you normally get on domain forums (note the vast majority here are male, so they may not mince words) What I think about your problem at hand with the TM holders is beside the point, I am not knowledgeable in domain law at all, I ask Q's all the time. And no, I did NOT research you at all (I hate to disappoint you lol....), sorry.... I didn't even go to your profile, I didn't have to

It was because on that other thread you had a problem w/Biggie (a senior mod here) and a couple of other guys that I saw the similarities and recalled that thread. I said there you overreacted to posts by him and others and I think you did the same here. BTW I am not here to defend anybody, we can all do that on our own, but if you see the Legal sections (this one in particular) you'll find Cartoonz is very familiar w/TM issues and others ask him questions and even advice. And at least to me he's more right than wrong most of the time, so even if people aren't lawyers they may know domaining legal matters well, so it may be worth listening to anything he has to say, and others too. Even if you don't agree. The way I take it that post said that your move to contact the TM holders was 'stupid', as in 'not wise' in this case. Could another adjective have been used ? Probably. But look at the whole picture, it wasn't you personally, it was the action you took they were discussing and you should not feel attacked, forums are for discussions and that's the case here IMHO....

Stormy Seas

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You opinion is duly noted and oh so out of place. Just saying you know the law and exhibiting is two different things. I didn't have a problem with anyone. YOu are making statements where you are butting into the conversation. This thread is not about my attitude. This is a thread I started and you aren't some guidance counselor trying help me get into college. YOu are not adding anything to this discussion.

Do you have anything valid to say about this subject ? I dont have a problem with Biggie or Cartoonz or Beards ... but when you butt into a conversation and rudely give your opinion... you are making a mistake with me. Just as now you are making a mistake to go off point in my Thread.

Stormy Seas

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its not criticism to call someone stupid or tell them they are ignorant.

Stormy Seas

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its not a fight when the contenders aren't armed. If I'm fun... lets keep it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom