Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Clinton’s .biz and Trump’s .com. Who gets it right?

A

Andrew Allemann

Both presidential campaigns are releasing attack websites.

Today, Hillary Clinton’s campaign released a website blasting Donald Trump’s business history at ArtOfTheSteal.biz.

Yes, that’s a .biz.

The .com ArtOfTheSteal.com is taken, and you can bet the owner is getting a ton of traffic today. (Unfortunately for misguided web surfers, the domain is forwarding through zero click to a scam page.)

Was it smart of the Clinton campaign to go with the .biz?

I guess “biz” is the correct connotation here since the site attack’s Trumps business acumen. But I imagine Donuts CEO Paul Stahura was fuming today about how his company’s .exposed domain was tailor made for sites like this.

Meanwhile, the New York Times is reporting that Trump’s team is responding with LyingCrookedHillary.com.

It may plan to respond with a site at this domain, but the domain was actually registered before Artofthesteal.biz, way back on June 3.

The domain uses whois privacy. I would say the campaign made a mistake by not also picking up crookedlyinghillary.com, but that domain was also registered under privacy on June 3 at Godaddy, so I suspect the Trump campaign also owns it.

CrookedHillary.com was registered in April.

Has one of the campaign’s won with their domain name strategies around attack sites? I’m not sure…but I bet there was some cheering over at Neustar’s HQ today. Neustar runs .biz.

© DomainNameWire.com 2016. This is copyrighted content. Domain Name Wire full-text RSS feeds are made available for personal use only, and may not be published on any site without permission. If you see this message on a website, contact copyright (at) domainnamewire.com.

Latest domain news at DNW.com: Domain Name Wire.

The post Clinton’s .biz and Trump’s .com. Who gets it right? appeared first on Domain Name Wire | Domain Name News & Views.

Related posts:

1. Here are some creative Donald Trump for President domain names
  2. Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio get “Domain Name Bump” after Iowa
  3. Donald Trump is #1 in .Com

Continue reading...

Domain Summit 2024

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom