Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Close the lid before you flush!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Aquilano

DON.ME
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This was on the Oprah Show w/Dr. Oz so says my sister. When you flush the toilet, little water particles fly up and can stay in the air and land on other things in the bathroom…like your toothbrush! Yuck! They even tested someone’s tooth brush and cup holder and it was positive for 3 bacteria and one is found inside your digestive tract!:eek:

I'm curious how many of you close the toilet lid before you flush??? I must admit I don't but I will now!!!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Did you know that the water you drink has passed through someone else's kidneys before?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hehe. I can't find the reference but it made sense: all the world's "public" water has been processed before by some other human and returned to the reservoirs. In fact, astronauts recently drank their own processed urine.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:brushteeth:

The only question is: how to get the males in your house to pee with the toilet seat down?

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it actually does piss a woman off to stumble half asleep into the bathroom only for her bum to fall in when she sits on the toilet. :D Not a nice wake up.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Blow-back while pissing into a public urinal can be avoided if you just step back 6 feet or so. I find this works great in airports when I'm crunched for time, as it usually puts me only a step or two away from the sinks. :D

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yeah, it actually does piss a woman off to stumble half asleep into the bathroom only for her bum to fall in when she sits on the toilet. :D Not a nice wake up.

So women with a 40"+ derriere are at an advantage :D

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL , I use my tooth brush to scrub the toliet bowl once every couple weeks anyway so whats the problem??? LOL
:pound:

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP! BEING TOO CLEAN WILL MAKE YOU GET SICK!

Too many people are obsessed with hygiene these days.

Bad germs are good for you because it helps your immune sytem become strong.

We have billions of bad germ bacteria in our bodies, like the mouth etc, and our immune sytem is contantly fighting them off.

I am sure there are many members of this website who use toilets that us Westerners would be horrified to use, (squat toilets) (asia, india etc) and these guys are perfectly healthy.

I could go on, but ...

Want a clean start? Brush your teeth with toothpaste that kills bad breath-causing germs. Apply antimicrobial lotion and hand sanitizer to kill 99.9 percent of bacteria. Wipe the table with a disinfectant before using your germ-free wireless mouse. Yes, amazingly, even gadgets are becoming germ-free! http://www.pchrd.dost.gov.ph/library/index.php/news-archive/1333

This was on the Oprah Show w/Dr. Oz so says my sister. When you flush the toilet, little water particles fly up and can stay in the air and land on other things in the bathroom…like your toothbrush! Yuck! They even tested someone’s tooth brush and cup holder and it was positive for 3 bacteria and one is found inside your digestive tract!:eek:

I'm curious how many of you close the toilet lid before you flush??? I must admit I don't but I will now!!!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ah yes, squatting toilets. We used them in the army. A cinch to clean - one of the military's "dirty details" simplified with a water hose and a large broom :D

The "toilet seat down" syndrome is an issue with several humorous overtones, signifying the battle of the sexes. But it's simple, really. Every time you use the toilet, put both the seat and the cover down after you're done.

Then, wash your hands. With soap.

rmnarmenta

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just remembering to Flush seems to be too difficult for some people.

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This was on mythbusters, the 'crap' germ did show up on the toothbrush, but it also showed up in the coffee room. I read the other day women are supposed to wipe their bum from front to back to stop getting thrush!

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is good hygiene to close the lid before you flush. Keep it as a behavior.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
In some cultures (French Canada, I'm told) it's common to also light a candle in order to consume the erm, gases :D

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hygiene is one thing, habit is other.. and any of these lacks, then you only waking up the sleeping bacterial demons

by the way, when u close the lid.. post which do u wash hands?
when u pi$$, do u wash hands?
when u wash hands, do u care about the tap and basin are clean pre & pro??

but said that, how many pi$$ at the right spot?? ;) diffuicult on friday/saturday night :))

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I flush and let it fly! What does not kill you makes you stronger. Right?!?!?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This was scientifically tested and proven to be absolute bullshit by the TV show 'Mythbusters'.

The tested for bacteria in all rooms of the house and every room has some bacteria, but the kitchen actually had far more dangerous stuff than the bathroom.

And Comscout is correct, you actually weaken your immune system by making everything in your live germ free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom