Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Congrats Adam! --> how "DOTCOMGOD" turned 50,000 in 1,500,000 (in less than 2 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the data is showing Feb only. Is there a way to pull up previous months data or was this site just created??

no, TDVR has been working for some months now collecting most of the sales out there.....it`s not mine but I know who`s running it and does it all manually with a massive research.

To go back to previous sales you can click on the top menu the word "NEXT".

I may suggest him to make possible to navigate the sales ordering by months.

Domain Summit 2024

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anytime I see a sensationalize article all I see it as is marketing for your own names/trying to jump start a market.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great foresight Adam, I imagine your clearing up the LLL ca's will have a simular outcome :D

Cheers,

Jay

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its a reseller bubble that could burst though.

that is the thing that scares me - how many of these sales are going to end users? How many end users want random combinations of 4 letters that don't make sense to their business? It is just use passing them back and forth (though that is the case for a lot of names anyway).

doesn't mean it won't work, just interesting.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know, in the end the money you make from your portfolio in ppc, development, and domain sales per year has to be > your total reg fees, or you can't keep going forever. Random LLLL.com's seem to go at a minimum of $25 to $50, and up to xxxx. Having some in your portfolio isn't a bad idea, if you have a reason for choosing them.

I think the forseeable future for domains is good because more people will need domains to build sites, more people are getting into domaining, and more advertising is moving online. A short domain is one good characteristic of a domain, so any LLLL.com has at least that going for it. A junky combination to one person can be gold to another, you never know what the other guy is looking for.

In regards to a bubble, you have to ask if the future domain aftermarket, made up of end-users and domainers, is big enough to keep all the LLLL.com sucked up, and IMO it is. Any drops will all get picked up.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People have been saying that forever. I myself think that is a terrible investment. - and you heard that from ME first ;)

you the same guy who said three letter .com's were a terrible investment when they were $100-$200 a few years ago ;-)

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know, in the end the money you make from your portfolio in ppc, development, and domain sales per year has to be > your total reg fees, or you can't keep going forever. Random LLLL.com's seem to go at a minimum of $25 to $50, and up to xxxx. Having some in your portfolio isn't a bad idea, if you have a reason for choosing them.

I think the forseeable future for domains is good because more people will need domains to build sites, more people are getting into domaining, and more advertising is moving online. A short domain is one good characteristic of a domain, so any LLLL.com has at least that going for it. A junky combination to one person can be gold to another, you never know what the other guy is looking for.

In regards to a bubble, you have to ask if the future domain aftermarket, made up of end-users and domainers, is big enough to keep all the LLLL.com sucked up, and IMO it is. Any drops will all get picked up.

at $25 you won`t find anything unless you find some noob who does not know market prices , check the last price guide (and every 2 weeks gets old as prices are catching up faster on 1/26 of LLL.com prices)

http://4letternoob.wordpress.com/price-guide/

As far someone saying that they keep changing hands between domainers: sure , just as much as 3 letters .com do .....eventually some of them get bought from endusers till one day they will all be in endusers hands.

Like in real estate, first people buy in top spots like the CBD , then they go buying in the suburbs and then the country...you may be still lucky as I think LLLL.com are the suburbs.......if you wait another 5 years you`ll end up buying the country ( LLLLL.com if the internet penetration increases from the actual 19 % globally to a decent 50 % , check www.internetworldstats.com for more info)

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
you the same guy who said three letter .com's were a terrible investment when they were $100-$200 a few years ago ;-)

No, I wasn't even domaining back then, so don't jump to conclusions! :-#:

Guess I should've saved my LLLL's for an extra month, would've made an extra $10k profit at least :-/

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hind-sight is 20/20, unless you are Adam Dicker in which case foresight is 20/20 ;)

Hehe :p Congrats to Adam; he made a fairly safe investment, and through it has made a 2,900% ROI in 2 years. Definitely not bad ;)

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am betting on the NNNNN.com's to be the next LLLL.com's. Some of my numerics get lots of Chinese visitors every day, and there are a lot less of these around. Around 17.5k are left, out of only 100,000. I have already bought over 1,000 of these and will probably buy more before they are all gone. They may not be as valuable as the LLLL.com's in the future, but I do see them as being valuable in the future because numbers are very versatile, and NNNNN.com's are zip codes, words on cell phones, lucky chinese numbers, part numbers, foreign postal codes, repeating numbers and sequences, and all sorts of other numbers that are significant for various reasons. Plus, they are very scarce, and scarcity itself is a value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom