Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

content protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eraser

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no best way to protect your content. But you can use .htaccess file and ban all countries that you don't want traffic from. That's the easy way to cut down copy attacks ;)

DC20

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you don't care about search engines, then there are many options...if so, the problem is anything the search engines can read someone can copy. Images are a different story and somewhat easier, but for text it is problematic. However, search engines generally seem to handle this pretty well (assuming the site isn't dedicated to copying you alone).

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can copyright website content going through Copyright.gov

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

More info: http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ66.pdf

what is the best way to protect original content? does anyone use the services from copyscape.com?

Or maybe I misunderstood your question. I am half asleep. :p But I'll leave the link for those interested.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmmn good info to think about guys.

ALGWorks

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Copyscape is great for verifying content is original, though not necessarily the best for protecting your content. I wouldn't recommend restricting countries visiting your website either unless you are looking to severely restrict your traffic flow.

What I'd do instead is restrict the ability to print or copy from a given page. There are a few options given here, if you're savvy with coding: http://www.codingforums.com/archive/index.php/t-108.html

While that won't prevent someone from manually writing down whatever you have on your page it will at least provide you some level of protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators