Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Country extension for Target visitors

Andy-012

Reaction score
Hi,

am planning to create a photography website. The website will be pictures of South Africa and target the European visitors such as Belgium, UK, Germany, Austria among a few other ones. I would like to target visitors from South-Africa as well.

Will it be wise to get a domain with the extension for my country i.e. co.za or .eu (where my target visitors are from) ? Or simply go for a .com or fo with these ones :
.PHOTO, .PHOTOGRAPHY, .PHOTOS

Thanks !

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

i'd go with cctld's .co.za, .de, and .com.au, first, as you may be able to get better keywords
and then maybe go for .com

if you can get "southafrican.photos', that might work in conjunction with other extensions

Good Luck!

imo...

Andy-012

Reaction score
Hi

i'd go with cctld's .co.za, .de, and .com.au, first, as you may be able to get better keywords
and then maybe go for .com

if you can get "southafrican.photos', that might work in conjunction with other extensions

Good Luck!

imo...
Many thanks Biggie,

am not sure why you mention .com.au though (Australia) ? ;-)

If I forget about better availability of domains with keywords in my CCTLD, what will be the best tld ?

Another point here is whether I should use a cctld to tell Google that I'm targeting the audience in European countries OR tell Google that the site is about South Africa.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many thanks Biggie,

am not sure why you mention .com.au though (Australia) ? ;-)

If I forget about better availability of domains with keywords in my CCTLD, what will be the best tld ?

Another point here is whether I should use a cctld to tell Google that I'm targeting the audience in European countries OR tell Google that the site is about South Africa.

Hi

my bad, i misread it as australia instead of austria

on the other questions
i think you are overthinking it

stick to plan of south africa photo website and get best keywords that describe that.
the "content" on your site, tells search engines all they need to know.

imo...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators