Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Couple new changes to Go Daddy Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today Go Daddy changed the time increments for bidding on their auctions. Auctions now will extend 10 minutes for bids placed in the last 10 minutes. I spoke to Paul Nicks at Go Daddy today and he said they wanted to improve the bidder experience and give them more than 2 minutes to get their bids in.

You may also notice that when you have a name on your watch list and click through to see the data after it closes its no longer there. We always pasted the names in our Daily Sales Recap so that you can see things like traffic, age and the bidding history.

Now when you click through that data is no longer kept, you will see the following: We're sorry, but the domain name you are looking for is no longer available through auction.

Domain summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Great, let's hope they also fix their crappy interfacing to the SedoMLS.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
heh, so if someone places a bit at 9 minutes, it extends it to 19 minutes and could go on for hours. ain't no one got time for that!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
heh, so if someone places a bit at 9 minutes, it extends it to 19 minutes and could go on for hours. ain't no one got time for that!

It will set the clock back to 10 minutes remaining, not time remaining plus 10 ;)

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
10 min reset is way too long. 3-5 mins is a pain sometimes. Kids turn this into hours of fun. I will rarely get into these auctions. It makes things more costly too. But if the extra funds goes towards the godaddy girls.

I'm okay with it. :pound: lmao

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It will set the clock back to 10 minutes remaining, not time remaining plus 10 ;)
not as its currently set up. i've already been in a couple auctions where a bit was placed at 8 minutes or so left, it added 10 minutes for a total of 18 minutes left.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
not as its currently set up. i've already been in a couple auctions where a bit was placed at 8 minutes or so left, it added 10 minutes for a total of 18 minutes left.

If that's the case, it'd suck. I once had a 2 1/2 hour bidding marathon at Sedo.

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Flippa adds an HOUR with every bid within the last hour, which can also quickly fill your day if you're chasing something you like! As for the flip side, as a part time domainer with another day job, I appreciate a warning e-mail that I've been outbid, while I'm doing other things. I've never yet been able to rebid in time at GoDaddy when I've been outbid because of the delay and the quick ending time frame, which is a bit annoying. More importantly, as a seller on the GD Platform, there's nothing better than a little more time extension when there is some bidding happening, especially if you can quickly pump it up via social media! Many like the action of an ending auction.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Damn. That's how I picked some good names, bidding at 2:00.01...

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today they moved it to 5 minutes. There was a lot of negative feedback so they moved it right away down to 5 minutes.

Flashable.com closed at $571 two hours of extended bidding.

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today they moved it to 5 minutes. There was a lot of negative feedback so they moved it right away down to 5 minutes.

Flashable.com closed at $571 two hours of extended bidding.

Thanks for the update, but I still believe the steals/deals are with a 2 minute antisniping policy. It's like as soon as you bid on a domain that nobody else sees interest in, all the sudden there's interest, as if there were bots looking for bids to buy at the next highest level in hopes to resell higher...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators