Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Disease / Disasters / War = Population Control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had this theory for many years, and often think about it when there is a major disaster somewhere in the world such as the recent earthquake in China and cyclone in Burma

I am not really a religious person, but I believe in some things.

The current earth's population is somewhere in the Billions, and I honestly believe that whenever there is a major disaster which involves many tens of thousands of people killed, that maybe it is "Mother Natures" way of keeping our earths population under control.

I often think of all the hundreds of millions of people killed in WW1 and WW2 and other big wars, Disease's such as AIDS etc, Major Disasters, and so forth ... if those people did not die, then how big would the earths population be now? 10's of Billions of people maybe?

The Earth is already over populated, and without these unfortunate events, the population of the world would be out of control ... is it mother natures way of "culling our population" to sustain our growth.

I also have a stong belief that all recent intelligent human civilisations only last a couple of thousand years, such as Inca's, Romans, Egyptians, Aztecs, etc and then they suddenly disappear and a new civilization takes charge and that maybe our civilisation is next in line for something, maybe not now, but eventually it will happen!

Our planet loses literally Millions of people a year to War, Disease, Disasters and so forth, in my view this is Mother Natures Simple process of keeping our population under control... what do you think of my point of view?

Our planet is already over populated and over crowded.

Look here at these wikipedia topics War and Disaster Death Tolls and Natural Disasters

As unfortunate as war and disasters are, can you imagine what the population of planet earth would be now if even a fraction of these events did not occur ... if the hundreds of millions, if not billions of people did not die in either human caused or natural caused disasters and diseases... probably 10s of billions more people would be on this earth.

War may not be a necessary thing, but disasters and disease are just a natural part of the wenvironment we live in and it is in my opinion a "Greater Forces'" way of keeping our planets population under control.

Hope not to offend anyone.

Domain Summit 2024

Vinternatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well actually, I dont want to offend you but this is a "sick" belief. So you are saying that nature or something is killing people to just control the population? So these people who are dead in disasters are just died for population control? So they were unnecessary and "nature" decided to send an earthquake to China and killed thousands of people? Sorry sir but this idea reminds me Adolf Hitler, who killed "not-perfect-humanbeings" (for him- jewish people) to just create his perfect German race and German population.

War may not be a necessary thing, but disasters and disease are just a natural part of the wenvironment we live in and it is in my opinion a "Greater Forces'" way of keeping our planets population under control.
Then these greater forces are not just that "GREAT". If you mean that God is doing these just to control population then I reject that god and religion.

Earth is a living organism, people are living on it everywhere. There are scientific explanations for these disasters. Sometimes disasters happen in not crowded places and nobody dies and sometimes it happens in areas like China and it effects people.

If there is anyone on this board who lost his friend or a family member in a disaster, this post will be a big insult for him/her.

Last edited:

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I believe exactly what I say, Disease and Disasters is a form of population control.

As I state in the first post, the world is already over populated with people, if the disasters and diseases had not happened as mentioned in the wikipedia post, the world would have billions of people more than it already has.

Disasters and Diseases control the worlds population growth. Do you think a spiritual god would allow these to happen if one did or does exist. It is not a sick belief, it is a fact.

If there is anyone on this board who lost his friend or a family member in a disaster, this post will be a big insult for him/her.

I sympathise with anyone who has lost a friend or family relative to a disease or disaster, my thread is not intended to offend.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
agree with com scout - world like a jungle, only strongest survive

Vinternatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well guys then I want from you to explain why there are disasters in Sun, Moon, Jupiter and in other planets? Does anyone live there? Do natures of these planets trying to control population too? Here have a look at these;

Massive explosion on Sun
A meteroid hits the moon
Marsquakes
Moonquakes and quakes in other planets
Giant storm on Jupiter (Just read the third paragraph)
Mercury was heavily bombarded by comets and astreoids

Also every 30 years, a storm happens in Saturn.

I respect your beliefs and ideas. But my belief is that, these actions are just normal and routine things for every planet in this huge universe. These things occur in other planets, too. Just don't force yourself to add meanings to these disasters.

Nature can't be so cruel to massacre its habitants to just control numbers. Also you are talking with conjectures. World Wars were created by primitive and selfish humankind, WE killed ourselves, Nature doesn't has a role in this.

But now there are advanced human-beings and in developed countries we are using birth control. If we want to control our population, we have to instruct the people of not-developed or developing countries with birth control.

If we decrease the population of world with birth control in future, will those "GREATER FORCES" stop sending diseases and disasters to us? Come on... Disasters will always happen even only one man lives on this planet.

Anyway as I said above I respect your beliefs. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

HarveyJ

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your both looking at this from a far to anthrocentric viewpoint.
It's not "population control"... It's just events that happens to cut down on the population.

Wars happen because some people get greedy (it always comes down to wanting something), and other people are stupid enough to be swept up in false nationalism and fight for what those people want.
Diseases happen. They random mutations of parasitic genetic code the prevent them from living in concert with the host, and eventually kill their hosts. You are currently hosting thousands of virii and bacteria that are probably deadly harmful to any number of other species, but they work nicely within your own body beause killing off your host organism isn't a good way to go. Ebola is a great example. It's quit happy in Rhesus monkeys. Kills humans damn fast.
Natural disasters just happen. If people lived in caves, they'd be safe from hurricanes. On mountains, safe from floods and tsunamis. In the middle of the plains/savanna, from earthquakes. Building cities in low lying coastal areas, with shoddy construction practices, are generally the real causes of deaths when natural disasters happen.

They're not purposeful events. They just happen.
When we tack on the purpose of "population control", certainly it's a side effect that has some very long-tailed positive net benefits for our species as a whole, but it's not some conscious act of a deity or the planet.

Donald Aquilano

DON.ME
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I believe exactly what I say, Disease and Disasters is a form of population control.

As I state in the first post, the world is already over populated with people, if the disasters and diseases had not happened as mentioned in the wikipedia post, the world would have billions of people more than it already has.

Disasters and Diseases control the worlds population growth. Do you think a spiritual god would allow these to happen if one did or does exist. It is not a sick belief, it is a fact.

The world is not over populated. Look at how many people are in China and India and there doing just fine. In fact I think the planet could hold double the amount of people there are now if not more.

HarveyJ

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The world is not over populated. Look at how many people are in China and India and there doing just fine. In fact I think the planet could hold double the amount of people there are now if not more.
Yes, hundreds of thousands of people literally starving to death, some cities so polluted that breathing the air is the same as smoking 50 cigs a day, lack of basic grain stocks, lack of BASIC infrastructure such as water and electrical delivery, and constant need of military interventions to suppress pockets of local populations... Sounds like they're doing just dandy with their massive overpopulation.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so... Nature basically likes to pick on Asia, Africa, and the Jews???

Natural disasters have been happening for millennia, absolutely nothing has changed other than a larger population and high technology which makes it easier for you to see whats going on.
300 years ago, if a great earthquake hit China, I doubt you'd hear about it anywhere else like you do today, therefore making your perception of these events to be highly sensitized.
Nature isn't picking on anyone. If anything people pick on each other.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In some bizarre and twisted way, you could say that humanity's own destructive actions (i.e., wars, human created diseases - diseases caused by dirt and filth that wouldn't have taken place in the natural environment, global warming and the resulting droughts and floods, etc.) are an evolutionary device, a way for evolution to continue and the fittest to surivive

But then, as human beings, I believe it is our duty to create such an environment that the "survival of the fittest" theory is nullified. "Survival" sounds so much like a jungle term, something that you would restrict to rats and monkeys...if we still are not able to make this "survival" obsolete, then what good is all our science and technology?

Natural disasters, I would leave them out of this equation...remember, that earthquakes and typhoons happen all over the world. The developed countries just have better infrastructure that leads to less loss of life than undeveloped countries. I daresay that if the Myanmar cyclone had happened in Japan, the toll would've been less than 1/10th of Myanmar

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have had this theory for many years, and often think about it when there is a major disaster somewhere in the world such as the recent earthquake in China and cyclone in Burma

I am not really a religious person, but I believe in some things.

The current earth's population is somewhere in the Billions, and I honestly believe that whenever there is a major disaster which involves many tens of thousands of people killed, that maybe it is "Mother Natures" way of keeping our earths population under control.

I often think of all the hundreds of millions of people killed in WW1 and WW2 and other big wars, Disease's such as AIDS etc, Major Disasters, and so forth ... if those people did not die, then how big would the earths population be now? 10's of Billions of people maybe?

The Earth is already over populated, and without these unfortunate events, the population of the world would be out of control ... is it mother natures way of "culling our population" to sustain our growth.

I also have a stong belief that all recent intelligent human civilisations only last a couple of thousand years, such as Inca's, Romans, Egyptians, Aztecs, etc and then they suddenly disappear and a new civilization takes charge and that maybe our civilisation is next in line for something, maybe not now, but eventually it will happen!

Our planet loses literally Millions of people a year to War, Disease, Disasters and so forth, in my view this is Mother Natures Simple process of keeping our population under control... what do you think of my point of view?

Our planet is already over populated and over crowded.

Look here at these wikipedia topics War and Disaster Death Tolls and Natural Disasters

As unfortunate as war and disasters are, can you imagine what the population of planet earth would be now if even a fraction of these events did not occur ... if the hundreds of millions, if not billions of people did not die in either human caused or natural caused disasters and diseases... probably 10s of billions more people would be on this earth.

Hope not to offend anyone.

So what you're saying is if I spill a full glass of milk on the floor, as opposed to half a glass, it's not actually physics dictating more milk hitting the linoleum, it's the "greater force's" way of saying "leave the cows alone"...?

In the mean time, I'm off to setup base camp at the foot of a volcano. :D

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Truth is that world population is now 6 billion. When it was 5 billion it was calculated that every single person in the world could fit into the state of Texas. Obviously, the world's population could not survive in such limited space, but the point is that they would fit onto such a limited land mass. We now have 1 billion more. It's not a question of not having enough room or resources for every living thing on the planet including humans, it's a question of equitable distribution of the earth's resources. The problem is not one of need, it's one of greed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom