Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

DNF not IE 10 Compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently did an upgrade to IE 10 (it wasn't my choice, it was bundled in a Windows Update) and it appears as if DNF isn't IE 10 compatible. Below is a screenshot of what I see. Could quite possibly be due to the "major changes" coming to DNF? :?:

dnf.png

Anybody else having this issue?

Upvote 0

Puckerhuddle

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Imac.... I have never run an antivirus in seven years with Imac, no problems. I rarely use windows at all, but regrettably I still have a" Dell from hell" that I need for a couple of specialized programs that I use. No ie usage since chrome came out. When I use my Dell I spend more time doing updates, security maintenance, defraging etc. than I have ever have on the Imac. Microsoft- if I had wanted to fix shit all the time I would have gone to trade school and become mechanic.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FORCED to use it and other MS products at work. I despise seeing that IE icon on the desktop and having to use it.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't own an iOS tablet but would've expected Apple's browser (Safari) to have this option that Google's Chrome does not have (when closing a browser that has 2 or more tabs open) I tried David's suggestion, I played with closing a tab and then restoring it but in all my tries the Reopen Closed Tab option is grayed out, you can't click on it. I'll Google this to see if I'm doing something wrong. You know if Chrome has this option in its iOS version ?

I also find Chrome is limited as to the number of interactive sites/services it's compatible with. DNF and so many others are, but you often find a website that doesn't support Chrome yet. And also, many sites/pages I go to read "error" when using Chrome, but if I try them on Firefox or the dreaded IE they get displayed OK, so Chrome needs to work on all this

Still, I like Chrome now better than the IE (all people seem to) since it's fatser. Now I use FF and Chrome, both about the same. In fact the IE 9 was not that bad, I agree about it not being the safest, it freezes, slower, etc but it wasn't bad. If I ever get a Win 8 PC I'll see if the IE even has a future....lol

Looks the same on Safari on the ipad.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the devil (no, not IE 10...lol), ie the Chrome devil... am I the only DNF user who keeps being logged off when I'm on DNF using Chrome in Incognito mode ? I log on, even open another tab or window, I use DNF OK a little while, but then if I close the original tab (the one I actually opened to log on to DNF) the next tab or window says I'm logged off, major pain in the ass ....it's been like that a few weeks, it doesn't happen 100% of the time but it's like 3 out of 4 times, I don't think it's the Incognito mode causing that (if it is then it shouldn't, and I won't use a browser unless it's in secure mode) ...

So I find myself having to use Firefox only for DNF, and with my IE 10 in permanent seclusion until it can be replaced by IE 9 (or removed altogether) I just won't dare go that route...
:?:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the devil (no, not IE 10...lol), ie the Chrome devil... am I the only DNF user who keeps being logged off when I'm on DNF using Chrome in Incognito mode ?

Works fine for me, but I haven't been using it long enough to know what incognito mode means. :)

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Private browsing mode for Chrome, top right corner, right-click and there it is, and that should be the only mode you use. Make sure Chrome and Firefox are both listed in your Start menu, pin them there if they're not, that way you have the option to start both browsers in private mode, instead of opening a browser in regular mode and then selecting to go private in Options (In the Start menu all browsers actually have an expanding submenu to the right, that's where you'll see this private option) Win 7 offers this Start in Private Mode for all 3 browsers, including our favorite, the IE 10

Firefox has a setting that if you only want to use it in private mode you can choose to do it permanently, so check that and it'll always open in private. But it's the only one, Chrome doesn't offer this option and IE 10 doesn't either. You also need FF as an alternative to Chrome in case pages don't get displayed with Chrome or the sites you go to don't support Chrome yet

Works fine for me, but I haven't been using it long enough to know what incognito mode means. :)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Private browsing mode for Chrome

Just used it and it does log you out. Though, if you go to whatismybrowser(dotcom), it displays your IP address, browser, if cookies are enabled, if javascript is enabled, if Flash is installed and if Java is installed... What's the point of incognito if that's the information I want to hide? :?: (I know, proxies can hide some of it...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener