Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Do Not Do Business With This Guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He made a claim with PayPal that I ended up losing after I transferred the domain name into his account.
He proceeded to tell paypal that it was a fraudulent charge. After he paid, after I delivered.

This is the users information. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS CLOWN:

Flippa ID: ggbcrew
Mark
Godaddy Account # 55391887
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +18018592250

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I assume you have something like a small claims court where you live. I would take both parties to court. As paypal reversed it I would focus on them. Assuming you have the email trail of the domain transferring it should be an easy win and if it's like our small claims court lawyers ARE NOT WELCOME!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The evil downside to PayPal is their TOS which has always been against non-tangible goods, ie, domain names and downloadable products.

Even without knowing all the particulars with the transaction, all the buyer had to do was file a claim of not receiving the goods (either directly with PayPal or via their CC company) and that is the end of discussion on the matter. PayPal will not even investigate the matter.

Those of us who have been burned by PayPal on these transactions know all too well the inner workings. We all know it is a waste of time to even consider small claims court.

There are other avenues to take and has provided me 100% satisfaction (and restitution).

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea small claims court would be a waste of time and money. Paypal makes it quite clear that they do not have seller protection for non-tangible goods. Although, spending half an hour on the phone with them, giving them a nice piece of my mind "helped" convince them to give me my money. So now paypal loses too because of a shady person.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Which domain ended up being stolen and what is the amount involved? Is Flippa responding to this at all?

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NNVN.com was the domain name. The buyer even left the whois information under my info...very slipper stuff man. It was an $205 sale. I filed a dispute with Flippa, they are usually really great with their customer service so i'm sure they will take the proper action against the user.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Aye man, for future reference whenever a payment comes in and it has a tab "shipped," always refund and tell the buyer to send as "no shipping required." Because PayPal does not refund for intangible goods.

Good luck though man... Try to get your domain back. Not a bad domain... Call PayPal and show them the Flippa transaction, they may reverse...

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Aye man, for future reference whenever a payment comes in and it has a tab "shipped," always refund and tell the buyer to send as "no shipping required." Because PayPal does not refund for intangible goods.

Good luck though man... Try to get your domain back. Not a bad domain... Call PayPal and show them the Flippa transaction, they may reverse...

Thanks dude. Thats a good tip!

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WHOIS is in his name, as seen at https*whois.domaintools*/nnvn*
With GoDaddy there is a tracking of account transfers. What is the basis of the dispute on his part?

Wow thats awesome!

He states it wasn't him who bought the domain. When clearly he signed his name in the Flippa post sale discucssion messages. Paypal agreed to pay me the 205$(after I went to town verbally on them of course) but it came out of paypals pockets, not Mark, the person who bought the domain got a free domain out of it.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow thats awesome!

He states it wasn't him who bought the domain. When clearly he signed his name in the Flippa post sale discucssion messages. Paypal agreed to pay me the 205$(after I went to town verbally on them of course) but it came out of paypals pockets, not Mark, the person who bought the domain got a free domain out of it.

Naw, it comes out of his pockets... All they did was reverse the dispute...

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think with enough documentation (emails, GoDaddy transfer confirmations, Flippa transaction history, etc) that it was pretty certain that you would & win your case with Paypal.

Thanks for informing us about the bad apple though.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Naw, it comes out of his pockets... All they did was reverse the dispute...

Ok cool, as long as he is the one who has to pay.

Please update us as soon as you have more info on this guy.
Here is more info:

Business Name: Enfuego Holdings LLC
Email: info@cegemedia(.)com
URL: cegemedia(.)com

Angela St. Julien

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Theo, if you and DN Broker haven't officially virtually met, please let me do the honors of introducing you. Theo (one dude you do not want to spam), meet DN Broker (one dude you do not want to scam)!

You guys are awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom