Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

question Do you ever register trending Keyword Domains from Twitter?

This is a general or domain name related question.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone registers trending keyword domains based on Twitter hashtags?

Had any luck selling them?

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've hopped on the bandwagon and found trending names, but that's all they have ever seemed to be. You would have to know about the upcoming trend, or be right on top of it, to ever secure any domains of value. Otherwise, you're putting together nfttacos.com, which really doesn't make any sense; though, we never know whether there will be an art piece of different tacos and toppings (likely, not, and this was a $10 speculative waste).

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's all true @amplify. It's hard to ever know what trends will become popular and stay and have value.

Most domains of value are a slow burn.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's all true @amplify. It's hard to ever know what trends will become popular and stay and have value.
And if they do become popular and have value, there's only a subset of that which will carry a value that makes sense with the trend.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And if they do become popular and have value, there's only a subset of that which will carry a value that makes sense with the trend.

Most of the time, you are just wasting money. 😢

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
No hashtag related domains, but it's good to follow crypto,NFT and other accounts of interest, to see what they mention there related, so i was lucky they gave me ideas to reg something no one have reged until now.
In some way is good but such websites as Twitter, FB and others must be detroned, else domains will be like art in a museum, and forever for sale or parked.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No hashtag related domains, but it's good to follow crypto,NFT and other accounts of interest, to see what they mention there related, so i was lucky they gave me ideas to reg something no one have reged until now.
I missed that boat! ⛴️

In some way is good but such websites as Twitter, FB and others must be detroned, else domains will be like art in a museum, and forever for sale or parked.
What?

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
I missed that boat! ⛴️

What?
I mean such websites as Twiter, FB, Discord etc, this are such websites which give users free website host, the profiles/groups/pages we create on those social media, for most people is enough, they don't need to buy a domain, worry about host, themes and plugins. It's enough to create a profile and there you go.
That is why I m against such websites as mentioned and in other topics, I need to bring them down to ordinary websites so people will have the neurons to build their own website and not feed the beasts of the internet with their time, energy, private data and content.
The power is in people, the more people use those websites the more power they give to them, that is how Zuck got billions.
P.s.Sorry for my poor English.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's crazy how many people do not care having a website. That's just the way it is.

@Neoget

Last edited:

shahed_sajid

Level 4
Reaction score
It's true that many businesses solely depend on their social media profile which is of course a threat to the domain market. But, you may see, most of the established entity needs and have websites too to deal with their clients.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's true that many businesses solely depend on their social media profile which is of course a threat to the domain market. But, you may see, most of the established entity needs and have websites too to deal with their clients.

To be relevant you need a website.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators