Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Do You Invest In Sites?

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I was wondering how many members here also invest in revenue sites and not just domains and how it goes for you?

I've been doing this for a while and this is basically my main source of income for the past few years, especially after the domain market tanked. So I am thinking of launching a free newsletter with tips and advice to other domainers on how to buy sites on flippa and elsewhere for investment.

What sort of things should I include there, what would you have liked to read about?

Domain summit 2024

Daniel Levi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Step by step explanations that go through every detail of domain flipping. From buying the right domain, to developing it, and then finally selling it. Recommend the best registrars, the best tools for development, real time sales letters, etc. People like to follow instructions easily and know that the end result will be positive if they stick to the step by step plan.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Step by step explanations that go through every detail of domain flipping. From buying the right domain, to developing it, and then finally selling it. Recommend the best registrars, the best tools for development, real time sales letters, etc. People like to follow instructions easily and know that the end result will be positive if they stick to the step by step plan.
I meant more like buying already established sites which bring revenue, rather developing your domains and trying to build a site.
Building new sites is quite tough.

Charles Sweeney

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just describe your experience. I think people would be interested in that. I wouldn't sign up for such a newsletter but I would read an article or site about it. What would you put in a newsletter..."bought another site", "bought another site", "bought another site"?

You could put up a site: "How to make money from buying sites with revenue". Sure to be popular.

Personally I don't have any experience of buying sites with revenue but I have $88k next to my name on Flippa from sites I've sold, so I know more about the selling side!

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just describe your experience. I think people would be interested in that. I wouldn't sign up for such a newsletter but I would read an article or site about it. What would you put in a newsletter..."bought another site", "bought another site", "bought another site"?

You could put up a site: "How to make money from buying sites with revenue". Sure to be popular.
There is a lot to it, from doing due diligence, verifying stats, valuing sites to maintaining and improving them. Enough material to cover to fill a few books.
I have some articles on it in my blog, it's relatively popular, but not as engaging.

Personally I don't have any experience of buying sites with revenue but I have $88k next to my name on Flippa from sites I've sold, so I know more about the selling side!
Well done! Selling is no less important than buying.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds more like a ClickBank product that you can make more money than imaginable on if published and marketed correctly.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use to invest in "revenue sites," but Adsense TOS is so shaky, Click Bank is full of bs nowadays imo and it use to take so long for CJ , Linkshare, and the rest to pay due to various reasons... mainly the advertiser taking forever to pay them....

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had steady revenue from Adsense sites as long as you don't push or cross their TOS boundaries.

Minisites have almost always generated 10-50x the revenue of parking.
I haven't done many minisites myself, but I heard that it changed for many domainers lately with all the new google algo changes, as it is a lot harder to get traffic for small new sites and requires a lot more work than before. Does it still work well?

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I haven't done many minisites myself, but I heard that it changed for many domainers lately with all the new google algo changes, as it is a lot harder to get traffic for small new sites and requires a lot more work than before. Does it still work well?

I had good luck with my minisite. Just sold it for 46 x revenue. I miss it already. :(

rfdomn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is something i might be interested to read. But, as suggested, not a newsletter, more like a website or a long tutorial.
I think buying a revenue site would be much harder than selling it.
It could be useful for everybody knowing how to proceed before buying a profitable established website. Not only for buyer, but also for sellers, in order to make easier for buyer to verify any kind of information.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators