Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Does Social Networking work for domaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEOcidal.net

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've never really used social networking for most of my businesses. They ONLY time I've found it working is when I have local businesses to promote and you build up a network of local people e.g. a landscaping guy is getting loads of business off Facebook.

Does being part of a network of domainers provide any sales or does it mainly provide a group of likeminded people to discuss changes in the industry with each other?

I've never sold a domain to another domainer. Only to other businesses that wanted to use the domain. (Although I've only been doing this a few months and it's only to sell off all the domains/websites I've built up over the years.)

Who should I be seeking out on social sites to network with?

Domain summit 2024

jbob50

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This post has 750+ views, no replies. I just joined this forum and I have to think that someone here has knowledge to answer this. Anyone?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Feel free to respond. Perhaps he'll be back in August to see your response.

Last Activity
06-09-2011

jbob50

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh, okay. You're the "I'm responsible for injecting sarcasm and toxicity into posts as a replacement for real value or knowledge and to frustrate and scare away new members" guy...

Two things:

1) I made it pretty clear that I'm new to the forums
2) You just showed me that user was here for less than a month. Maybe it's because they asked questions and didn't get responses. Or maybe it's because when they did get responses, they were sarcastic. Or, better yet, maybe the sarcastic responses they received were from someone who's been here since 2006 with 16,000 posts, in which case the new user didn't feel like dealing with the "I like to act like a prick to new users, so even if I don't have something useful to say, I'll say something anyway so I can feel better about myself" mentality?

Look, I paid for a month so far, and I'm hoping to get and give valuable contributions from this forum. If you don't have something useful to say, don't say it. But from what I've read so far I'm guessing that would bump the number of posts you've made to-date down to single digits.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, okay. You're the "I'm responsible for injecting sarcasm and toxicity into posts as a replacement for real value or knowledge and to frustrate and scare away new members" guy...

Two things:

1) I made it pretty clear that I'm new to the forums
2) You just showed me that user was here for less than a month. Maybe it's because they asked questions and didn't get responses. Or maybe it's because when they did get responses, they were sarcastic. Or, better yet, maybe the sarcastic responses they received were from someone who's been here since 2006 with 16,000 posts, in which case the new user didn't feel like dealing with the "I like to act like a prick to new users, so even if I don't have something useful to say, I'll say something anyway so I can feel better about myself" mentality?

Look, I paid for a month so far, and I'm hoping to get and give valuable contributions from this forum. If you don't have something useful to say, don't say it. But from what I've read so far I'm guessing that would bump the number of posts you've made to-date down to single digits.
Don't make assumptions.

New guy or not, add and contribute.

A thread viewed 750 times with no one else posting is pretty telling in itself...no interest.

To point out how many times its been viewed with no responses, well...yes, even a new person should get the point.

That fact does not change the fact that this person started a thread and has been back on the forum since June 9th.

And, as you put...give valuable contributions rather than chastise other members for not responding, in your own sarcastic way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators