Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domain Email Name Format- Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could just set up free email forwarding at GoDaddy. Go to your control panel click on email forwarding, select free with domain.... select the domain.... click set up......... refresh page... go back to email, click launch next to domain..... click set up account now... file out details... and BOOM SHAKALAKA!!!

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Best way is to host it and create unlimited email accounts, use the built in cPanel mail managers like Horde (or Squirrel Mail, my favorite since so simple). That way, you can create unlimited emails and also add an SMTP app to your iPhone/Android (if ones not already built in) to access mail on the go. Why forward mail to 123@freemailservice.com- how are you going to reply? They didn't send an email to 123@, they sent an email to name@ and most likely want a response back from that email address.

Daniel Levi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The reason I'm looking for a professional email is because I want to use it for the estibot lead gen tool

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Best way is to host it and create unlimited email accounts, use the built in cPanel mail managers like Horde (or Squirrel Mail, my favorite since so simple). That way, you can create unlimited emails and also add an SMTP app to your iPhone/Android (if ones not already built in) to access mail on the go. Why forward mail to 123@freemailservice.com- how are you going to reply? They didn't send an email to 123@, they sent an email to name@ and most likely want a response back from that email address.

Why would he buy hosting and deal with cPanel just to create email accounts? When he can just buy an email plan somewhere for a few bucks a month. I assumed he wanted to simplest method considering he was asking how to set up email.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Just wait until Friday and you will see what I mean :D

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The reason I'm looking for a professional email is because I want to use it for the estibot lead gen tool

Look, download Office 365 FOR BUSINESS, they have a one month free trial, and just use Outlook. That way you can get up and running free, and see if you need the emails first.

Imo.... It does not matter to end users. Actually when you use myemail@mydomain.com you put more pressure on yourself to have a presentable website, verified business, etc.... Then on top of that you have to worry about deliver, etc... because most of your emails from myemail@yourdomain.com will end up being caught by filters and end up in spam folders, especially on a shared hosting plan.

I think it is best if you use gmail, because no need to worry about that stuff. Just make sure you have a solid LinkedIn profile, because that is what end users check most often, I always see employees of companies I sent emails too in my "Who's viewed your profile."

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Hi

you've asked quite a few questions lately, so let me take you back a few steps with this line:

it doesn't frickin matter whether the email address looks professional or not......if the person who "writes" the spam letter isn't.

when you join the ranks of solicitors, then your game has to be above the rest of that group. and believe me, that group gets bigger every day.

do hear what I'm saying?

the context of the solicitation, along with the domain you're trying to pawn off, has to presented in such a way that the "reader"....will get a sense that you have been, "where you're trying to go", before.

do you hear what I'm saying?

to prove this point, I've been using a gmail and a netzero address since day 1, and not one, you hear me....no buyer has ever mentioned the frickin email address.

being professional, showing professionalism, etc., is in the communication, from beginning to end, period.

now if you have a brand/company.com etc, then that's different story

but just for reselling, it has no bearing.

imo....

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom