Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domain parking tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't want to crash the party, but I think it's almost impossible to earn a living from the parking revenue of domains that were hand-registered alone, as it should be difficult to find so many unregistered traffic domains.

But registering new domains is still a good way of making money in this business. You can resell the domains, for example. I'm surprised at how many great domains are still available for registration every time I stumble upon one. I regularly register domains and I've already sold some of them for a big profit, although I'm more of a domain keeper as of now.

You can then use the money you made from selling domains to acquire some better traffic domains that will earn you more parking revenue. If you go on like this long enough and you reinvest your resale and parking profits into buying more quality domains you will soon find yourself owning a nice portfolio of revenue domains.

I'm also finding some gems in drop auctions every now and then. You really have to search for good domains nowadays, but in the end you might be rewarded with nice finds.

Good luck!

ck89102

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't want to crash the party, but I think it's almost impossible to earn a living from the parking revenue of domains that were hand-registered alone, as it should be difficult to find so many unregistered traffic domains.

Nice post but the above is simply untrue.

I wanted to let you know from my hand-registrations this year, I'm making about $100 per day. Not quite earning a living but that is substantial money (to me anyways).

One tip: Some of my best names I've found right here in the Traffic Names For Sale section. I register the .org & .net of the high traffic .com that are for sale. Earning nice income from those.

And one can just think outside the box (I make money everyday with names like resumee.org & whosis.org) or one can discover a type of name (i.e. a subject/nitch, as I have) that pays well.

The opportunity in this business is only limited by imagination.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A mistake many make is plastering newly regged names all over for appraissals and for sale, especially if you have fairly good typos, if you are patient with these many will get placed in google but if you seek appraissals etc many of those links will be higher in google than your parked page link and cause you to lose substantial traffic

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice post but the above is simply untrue.

I wanted to let you know from my hand-registrations this year, I'm making about $100 per day. Not quite earning a living but that is substantial money (to me anyways).
I only said it was almost impossible, and I talked about really earning a living, which means that at the end of the month you should have at least mid $x,xxx left. Hand-registered domains usually don't receive enough traffic from the get-go to make that much money, although one can find such good domains every now and then. I've only been talking about generic domains, by the way.

ck89102

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are correct of course. I only wanted to mention there are various avenues to explore.

wishmeluck

Gold Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A mistake many make is plastering newly regged names all over for appraissals and for sale, especially if you have fairly good typos, if you are patient with these many will get placed in google but if you seek appraissals etc many of those links will be higher in google than your parked page link and cause you to lose substantial traffic

GREAT point. Spoken like an SEO master. I had to read that twice to get your point. For those who aren't getting it, dnforums has a higher pagerank, more backlinks, etc than your parked page will ever have. Now your in second place.

EXCELLENT POST!
thank you.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
However, I am really curious that if they give 100% revenues, then how do they make their money?

Whenever they say 100% revenue share, always ask; 100% of what? If they give you an honest answer, then you will know how they make their money. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators