Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Domain spamming network: defendnames, actdomains and others

Status
Not open for further replies.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@ airmax,

Here's how I know you're lying:

(1) Michael's process involves gathering data in a spreadsheet. A second table of that spreadsheet regroups the data using formulas to guarantee uniqueness of any email address prior to import or mailing.

(2) YMLP, which is the service he uses to actually send out the emails, AUTOMATICALLY SCREENS OUT duplicate email addresses during an import. It is is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for your email address to be imported more than once. And that makes it LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for you to have been sent more than one email. Even if Michael had tried to import your email address 100 times, YMLP would filter out 99 out of 100 and leave only one. I've already confirmed that only one batch of emails was sent out. That's unambiguous.

(3) You have refused for hours and hours to forward any actual emails.

Between those 3 things, it's obvious that your claim of receiving "a dozen random emails" about AppDevelopers.net is 100% false.

Yes, it looks like Michael also contacted you about Employers.net. But that's not the same thing as AppDevelopers.net, is it? In fact, it's a completely different email with no verbiage in common whatsoever. So that's hardly evidence to support your little lie.

Now, if you're really so upset about receiving an email, why don't you add yourself to the blocked list by clicking unsubscribe? Or reply indicating that you'd like not to hear about domains in the future? I know for a fact that Michael always responds amicably. And the whole reason I insisted he use YMLP is because it enables domainers a way to filter themselves out permanently, without ever being part of any mailing list. The only list Michael keeps is the block list that PREVENTS sending emails to people.

Obviously, somebody like Michael is wasting his time by contacting domainers. So, if every domainer would choose to be blocked after the first email, that would be ideal in terms of preventing waste. But, since you didn't even try doing that, there's no excuse for insulting a kid like Michael when he's being polite and doing his best. And there's no excuse for making threats. And there's definitely no excuse for LYING.

If you have received more than one email, with different content, about different domains, during different weeks, it's because ... you're a domainer. When a person owns lots of domains, they tend to get contacted about domains more frequently. This shouldn't come as a surprise. And to me it seems a bit hypocritical to spit and scream about it. It's as if you owned 1000 telephone numbers and then complained about getting lots of phone calls!

I probably own 10-30 times as many domains as you do. Obviously, that doesn't mean that I'm a better domainer. But it does mean that I get a HUGE amount of domain-related spam. And guess what, I'm okay clicking through it. I've never threatened anybody. I've never insulted somebody who was trying to be polite, as Michael was with you. I've never spread lies. I've never attacked people in the forums just because they knocked on my door hoping to sell something.

Yes, I get spam sales offers from all sorts of people. Elliot Silver, Nokta, DomainNameSales brokers, you name it. Literally a few hundred emails per day that are solely due to me maintaining a large domain portfolio. It comes with the territory. And many domainers use email templates. For instance, Adam Dicker very publicly has recommended one or more software packages for sending out bulk emails to buyer prospects. And there's nothing wrong with that, in my opinion. Few people who use templates screen emails as conscientiously as Michael does. These days, I don't have time; but, yes, I've used bulk email methods myself in the past. The most time-consuming part of it is manually deleting contacts to whittle down the list into something more relevant. I insist that anybody I work with on promotions does that. But, no matter how many precautions a person takes, whether using bulk methods to economize on sending 50-100 emails or knocking on doors by hand, ... you always run across jerks who respond badly, as you did and then some!

Mainly, what I object to here (apart from the lies and the public attacks), is your lack of interest in any actual solution. You never contacted me, but you rushed to condemn me in public all the same. And you avoided answering any of Michael's questions after you began berating him. All in all, I call that insincerity and bad faith. Perhaps you should work to well your own domains rather than attacking others who are working to sell theirs. Sometimes domainers are too much like those 2 crabs in a pot that just drag each other backward.

OK. So you lied. And I pointed it out. And you're angry that you look foolish when you think I'm the one who should be punished for indirectly sending you an email. What should we do about it?

You know perfectly well who I am because you posted my name and address as the owner of the domain. So don't play dumb. Obviously you didn't research me, though. If you had, you would have been more careful about lying. I'm sure you thought you were dealing with some kid with his first 3 or 4 domains.

1) I have shown you, your template many times with a sample of the domains you spammed.

2) You have not answered my question, of how many domains you sent out on Satuday in regards to AppDevelopers.net

3) Ask yourself what do I have to gain by lying? And What do you have to gain by spamming a ton of people?

Thank you for the advice George, it is priceless it fighting legit spam.

Domain summit 2024

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I created this thread to point out the blind, serial spammers (such as the ones listed at the top post). These are the a*holes that once you register or drop-catch a domain, they email you about it or about similar ones.

It's understandable, that at some point domainers cross paths with regards to spam. I complained to Nokta only once, they apologized profusely and never received another email. However, others might address the matter differently.

I suggest that airmax/ImageAuthors try to resolve this amicably outside of this thread, please.

That's a good suggestion, Theo. I'm sure AirMax and I would get along more peacefully without an audience.

This thread has a legitimate purpose. As an example of really obnoxious spam, the other day I was approached by someone offering to sell me my own domain, calling it one of their "cherished assets", even though it was then involved in a live DNX.com auction. It look 5 or 6 emails before the charlatan realized I was the owner. I had to say so. And the response? "LOL".

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I created this thread to point out the blind, serial spammers (such as the ones listed at the top post). These are the a*holes that once you register or drop-catch a domain, they email you about it or about similar ones.

It's understandable, that at some point domainers cross paths with regards to spam. I complained to Nokta only once, they apologized profusely and never received another email. However, others might address the matter differently.

I suggest that airmax/ImageAuthors try to resolve this amicably outside of this thread, please.

Thank You, Good advice, Kind of hard when someone calls you a liar, I did receive multiple emails, and it is up to the sender to filter out these variables if they want to issue non opted in bulk mail. This other party seems to want to twist the facts, their spam was a huge waste of time, and this is a even bigger waste of time. I will let the thread be.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
chuck_norris_approves.gif

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now, if you're really so upset about receiving an email, why don't you add yourself to the blocked list by clicking unsubscribe? Or reply indicating that you'd like not to hear about domains in the future? I know for a fact that Michael always responds amicably.
I never use unsubscribe links for unsolicited mails, because it confirms that the E-mail address is live. You could very well receive more spam. I shouldn't have to unsubscribe if I didn't subscribe in the first place.

With the ridiculous amount of domain-related spam, it is inevitable that somebody like you will be singled out and made to pay for the others.
The more spam I receive, the less tolerant I am toward it :uhoh:

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never use unsubscribe links for unsolicited mails, because it confirms that the E-mail address is live. You could very well receive more spam. I shouldn't have to unsubscribe if I didn't subscribe in the first place.

With the ridiculous amount of domain-related spam, it is inevitable that somebody like you will be singled out and made to pay for the others.
The more spam I receive, the less tolerant I am toward it :uhoh:

Yes, I understand that point. But someone who owns, say, 1000 domains will tend to receive more emails than a typical citizen who owns zero or maybe 1 or 2 domains. Typically an email will go to a non-domainer, and for that person the email will be the only one they ever receive about a domain sale. If a domainer, on the other hand, NEVER indicates that he (or she, Katherine) wants to be excluded from all domain sales letters, how can the sender exclude them? Clicking a link would exclude them permanently. Responding would lead to the same thing manually. I know for a fact that Michael doesn't maintain any lists of email addresses. After sending a few emails for one domain, he deletes those emails. Would you prefer that he keep them in a massive list of email addresses? If he did that, then you'd probably blame him for assembling a mailing list!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You've been given one clue earlier in this thread: it's a waste of time to send solicitations to owners of parked domains. I completely agree. They are domainers like you and probably struggling to sell their own domains, so what's the likelihood they will want to purchase your domains ? When you receive tens of stupid spam every day, many of which are in broken English and smell of Nigerian scam, you don't care about the possible good intentions of the sender. It's easy to dismiss the inconvenience when you are not on the receiving end.
I don't know how many E-mails we are talking about here, but mass sending qualifies as spam in my books, no matter how targeted the mail is.
Why all the tap dancing here ? You or somebody acting on your behalf apparently did send correspondence that wasn't appreciated, just do something about it.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You've been given one clue earlier in this thread: it's a waste of time to send solicitations to owners of parked domains. I completely agree. They are domainers like you and probably struggling to sell their own domains, so what's the likelihood they will want to purchase your domains ?

Actually, it's not that simple. Sometimes people with parked domains DO buy domains in this fashion. One of those people is ME. It's also not true that every parked domain belongs to a domainer. For example, plenty of app developers with a real interest in AppDevelopers.net own app domains AND know enough about domains to park them.

I don't know how many E-mails we are talking about here, but mass sending qualifies as spam in my books, no matter how targeted the mail is.

There are situations where it's quite legitimate to want to contact multiple people whom you haven't contacted before. Promotion -- whether it's for domains or for something else entirely -- frequently involves outbound sales. That has always been true and will always be true. It applies to phone, physical mail, and email. Composing completely new messages to every recipient becomes inefficient and even impractical. That's why your mail box is not full of hand-written letters.

Why all the tap dancing here ? You or somebody acting on your behalf apparently did send correspondence that wasn't appreciated, just do something about it.

If you pick up the phone today and cold call 10 people, one of them will make threats, yell, and insult you. It doesn't matter how polite you are. It doesn't matter if you're offering junk or something of value. In any random sample of people, some of them won't want to be contacted. You cannot predict which people those will be in advance. Other people, meanwhile, tend to be (1) gracious even when they decline, (2) curious but ultimately not interested, or (3) genuinely excited about the message.

Personally, I detest sales. It goes against the grain with me, since all my professional life I've been an engineer, a writer, and a military officer -- not of which are careers that involve sales. But I understand that sales are necessary. And the world would not function if people could only contact people they had already met. Or if they could only write letters with a quill pen one by one.

I'm hardly some sort of spam ring leader. In fact, I barely market my domains at all -- even indirectly. But I do think it's perfectly acceptable to outsource some outbound sales to others. Lower-valued domains require greater marketing efficiency than 7-figure domains, which can get by on one contact per month. Yet many of these lower-valued domains will reach buyers glad to get them. Without some device for consolidating outbound sales efforts, those sales don't happen. And that effects the person who would have bought and used the domain as well as the domainer.

Ultimately, the reality check for me is this: I own more domains than probably 10 or 20 other domainers put together. So I get 10 to 20 times the amount of domain-related spam. Frankly, I don't mind. If anybody has a domain that's really similar to something I own, they're welcome to send me a template-based email about it. The odds are that I'll click right past it. But I'd never make threats or insult somebody. And if I'm comfortable with the spam I receive, then I have little sympathy for domainers who throw tantrums when they get 1/20th that amount.

Of course, I understand that people feel differently about this and all other topics in this world of ours. The best a domain owner like me can do is heavily scrutinize the people that occasionally promote domains for him and make sure that they work 5 times as hard to cut the email list down to 20% its original size, treat people with respect, and offer clear ways to block unwanted correspondence.

If people aren't satisfied with that, then they cannot be satisfied anyway.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When did the ability to edit posts go away? I notice some embarrassing typos. Wish they could be fixed.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When did the ability to edit posts go away? I notice some embarrassing typos. Wish they could be fixed.

I believe it's because you're in the legal section. :)

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh and you can add NameCollectors.net to the list.

They have been trying to sell me 3 domains that I personally dropped. :upset:

akropolis

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
[h=4]recieved 7 mails about a domain auction in one week...

bycities*com

[/h]Gold Domains
10 W 14th Ave Pkwy # 600
Denver, CO 80202

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Adding to the list those phucksticks: domainpurchase@domainpurchase.co, whoisaccess.us

They keep sending emails as if I initiated communication. I never asked or inquired, as they claim.

A few weeks back you requested to be notified when our current waiting list for new subscribers for our limited access databases of whois emails and daily updated lists of new domains along with all the whois metrics.

We only allow a total of 10 users at a time. We have a spot open.

The website to gain access is: https://***whoisaccess.us

Each day there are between 75,000 and 100,000 new domains registered. We provide the information for all domains. Example: On January 2ed there were 111,747 new domains purchased.

akropolis

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this is the xx'th mail from the "Domain Brokers Team" concerning the same domain:

Hi, This is a priority notice for the sale of the domain contactless-payment.com All businesses and individuals with similar domains will receive this notification before the domain goes on public sale.

If you are interested in securing this domain and want to remove it from your competitors, please follow the safe link below to register your offer:

contactless-payment.com

1. If your offer is successful, you will receive full ownership of the domain
2. This is one time payment, there are NO recurring or hidden charges
3. You do not need a new website, simply redirect the domain with its traffic to your current site
4. Your personal details will never be shared with another party

Thank you for your consideration. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any information or assistance.

Regards,

Domain Brokers Team

- Never want to hear from us again? Please go here: http://greatdomainsyouneed.info/optout/2crRCy3nHm

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators