Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

"Domainer" to be extradited to USA under copyright laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This shows exactly what he was hosting ,and that is simply links;
http://wayback.archive.org/web/20090615000000*/http://TVShack.net

DG

Interesting to not that the WayBack Archive have now taken down in past 2 days the whole of the archive of TVshack.net which was many pages form several years.

DG

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Interesting to not that the WayBack Archive have now taken down in past 2 days the whole of the archive of TVshack.net which was many pages form several years.

DG

Oops my mistake,today the archive is down because of SOPA protest.

Domain Summit 2024

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Close. I most certainly think that owners of sites like described should always be liable for what they do. But it only seems logical that a simple cross check at the registrar level could easily flag any potential TM's and then provide a checkbox that explicity says if you buy this particular name that you risk the legal reprocussions. (granted I know the Godaddy TOS probably already has this, but nobody reads that as a function of buying their names. And if a popup or something happens that may deter some buying of tm issues or at least give pause to consider the tm issue before buying.) As an analogy, this is why we have checks at gun stores to make sure you are legal to buy them. But you are suggesting that there should be no checks to buy guns, just lots more police officers and less due process.(in analogy)

I will be honest, I dont like MUCH of what sopa represents, as there are already mechanisms in place that assist the corporations with protecting their brand, on national and international levels. But sopa pushes that onto a government expense and not as a expense of doing business.

I am not talking about purses or watches or files including music. Intellectual property such as a quote of a copyright news post on a blog or forum, currently covered under fair use rules, SOPA calls the 'end user' the blog or forum, and is loosly written enough to make most blogs or forums illegal. In this case you are suggesting the reader of blogs or forums, is the 'end user', but that is not what you are saying for sure I presume.

"Intellectual property such as a quote of a copyright news post on a blog or forum" this already illegal here in the U.K the law was passed last year with no fuss here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom