Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domains Stolen from GoDaddy, Four 3 Letter .com's

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinderGang

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have discovered over the past few weeks that following domains were stolen from my GoDaddy account by an overseas IP address:

HGX.com
WKZ.com
UKR.com
QVO.com
AtlantaFashion.com

The domains are now registered to a person using the email wrobertw@outlook.com. He is using fake whois information, a fake number, he charged back the domain reseller whom he transferred the domains to, faked email correspondence between myself and him, and is saying he paid by in untraceable Bitcoin.

I have been in constant email contact with Enom and Internet.BS, the two domain registrars whom the domains were transferred to. Yet both registrars are doing little to nothing and now I am going to have to explore my legal options.

Does anyone have any experience in this? Any good contacts to get in touch with. I appreciate your help.

Domain summit 2024

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

BinderGang

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Already done. Thanks.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any idea how they accessed your godaddy account, any phising emails? This is no small reg fee domain portfolio, this is a serious large dollar crime. It is sad to see these other registars care little about stolen names. Enom does a lot of business with domainers, and if anyone of us was in this position we would not appreciate this lax stance you have stated they are taking. I hope they do something, otherwise I will no longer support this company, there is plenty of choices out there. I think this is a case where privacy does come in handy as well, as if they were masked with DomainsByProxy they would have to access that account, and delete the privacy, and then attempt to transfer the domains.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unless you can get GoDaddy to contact the other Registrars and vouch for the situation, you will get nowhere. Neither of the other Registrars have a contractual relationship to you, GoDaddy does...
Good Luck

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hi

sorry this happened and hope you get your domains back.

I'd find another registrar, as this happens too often at gd

imo...

BinderGang

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BIG UPDATE:

After a total of 43 back-and-forth correspondences from December 15th 2013 to today, internet.bs has concluded their investigation, proven the domains were stolen, and have returned to me the 3 domains that were transferred to them.

The domains back in my control are hgx.com, qvo.com and atlantafashion.com.

internet.bs has been an incredible help, more than Enom and more than GoDaddy, where the domains were stolen.

I mention the amount of correspondence between myself and internet.bs because the way they handled the situation is no doubt THE reason why they were able to return the domains. I must stress: these domains are back in my hands because of MYSELF and Internet.bs working together. GoDaddy did little to nothing to help resolve the issue.

Each time I received an email from Internet.bs, the rep (they had one dedicated rep working with me the entire time, he even sent me updates on weekends) brought me an actual update, sharing with me information, working with the reseller PacificHost, asking me for specific items to help prove the thief stole domains from me, going over what I provided and what the thief was providing, and trying to build an actual case. They were able to prove the thief had fabricated his side of the story (I will talk more about this publicly later) and that he had truly stolen the domains from me.

Enom continues to be of no assistance in getting the domains back to me. I have a total of 14 back-and-forth correspondences with them. GoDaddy, my own registrar, is no better, having only 21 back and forth correspondences, most of them being myself requesting information or an update and being told "we'll let you know." In addition, both Enom and GoDaddy are the 2 companies I was able to speak with on the phone, both being of absolutely no help. In fact, when I told the Enom phone rep my situation the first time, he made a comment on how Enom and GoDaddy are the two biggest domain registrars and at least my domains are in good hands, as if he was referencing that internet.bs would be the registrar I was going to have trouble with.

So, as of this moment, the thief still has possession of WKZ.com and UKR.com. They were both stolen in the same GoDaddy crime sweep that took my other 3 domains, both stolen by the same person, via the same PacificHost reseller, etc. but these two happened to be transferred to ENOM, who have made it pretty clear via email that they are uninterested in helping me.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
-How exactly did this scammer gain access to your account? Godaddy should have found this out by now.-

- Am not surprised about gd's attitude as they always blame it on you the customer.- But do think that Enom shouldn't be acting this way.- @cartoonz- true, gd is the most responsible for the poor security but the thief took some domains to Enom and it looks like they could care less the stolen domains are with their company.- There's a lady here who's Enom's contact person on dnf so you probably ought to reach out to her as well. -
-Hope you get the others back as they are worth a pretty penny.- Hope you share with the forum how the scammer managed to take them out of your godaddy account .

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
legal@enom.com
That's where you need to direct your dispute.
With GoDaddy, you have to get well out if the front line support team and get with someone in the executive office or you'll get nowhere. Sadly, it is true that Godaddy is one of the least responsive registrars on the planet in matters like this, but the do actually have the most leverage to use on your behalf.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...and I never said that GoDaddy was the "most responsible" for this. I said that they were the only Registrar the OP has a contractual agreement with. See, they actually have to help investigate this matter. Sadly, they are not so proactive in such things.

Kudos to internet.bs for doing the right thing. eNom will too, but you'll have to deal directly with legal.

Midnight Silver

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great to here you got 3 of the 5 back BinderGang --- Hard to believe Godaddy #1 Broker would not have Super Security and would let some Domain Scumbag Theif steal five Domains at one time... Luckily you got great advice here at DNF from Cartoonz & Biggie...
One other thing being you located them at Enom.com which i always rated extremely High --- i would tell Enom that they are holding Stolen Property --- Your Two Domains --- and that you would like a Lock or Freeze put on any Transfers of these two domains stolen from you --- and can be verified by Godaddy so that your two domains don't end up in some "off the wall" overseas domain broker...
Good luck and i am sure it should work out good for you... If possible when you get them back --- share how they Stole them out of Godaddy and how to prevent it --- Best too You !!!

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great to here you got 3 of the 5 back BinderGang --- Hard to believe Godaddy #1 Broker would not have Super Security and would let some Domain Scumbag Theif steal five Domains at one time... Luckily you got great advice here at DNF from Cartoonz & Biggie...
One other thing being you located them at Enom.com which i always rated extremely High --- i would tell Enom that they are holding Stolen Property --- Your Two Domains --- and that you would like a Lock or Freeze put on any Transfers of these two domains stolen from you --- and can be verified by Godaddy so that your two domains don't end up in some "off the wall" overseas domain broker...
Good luck and i am sure it should work out good for you... If possible when you get them back --- share how they Stole them out of Godaddy and how to prevent it --- Best too You !!!

let's not confuse domain "brokers" with Domain Registrars, shall we?

Tikkun

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Glad you were able to get a few domains back!

Enom: Let me dig through my tickets and see the name of some of their better reps.

Oddly, I had a recent problem with ICANN RAA domain verification where their system just wasn't sending the emails, putting a few hundred of my names in jeopardy. The Enom reps I got kept goofing off about it, and never acknowledged and certainly never tried to fix the problem with their system. Then someone I got through to someone with a brain (Enom used to have quite a few these people), and he fixed in like 2 minutes. Turned out, they didn't have a From: name filled out in their system. D'oh. Totally their fault after all, and an EASY fix.

Anyway, I think Enom has gone down a hill a bit since being bought by Demand Media. It's kinda sad. My partners and I used to LOVE Enom. I mean, really raving fans after awhile.

They're literally walking distance to me, and generally speaking, Seattle/Bellevue/Kirkland type folk are really helpful, good hearted people. I honestly don't know what's going wrong over there. Maybe they're taking on new hires too fast, or there's a rogue manager or something that's teaching them bad habits. It's weird. I hope they get their act together again.

You know what's most surprising to me?

That a company named internet BS has been the most helpful!

Internet BS! I mean, c'mon! Who would've ever guessed a company with BS in their would be tops in service? I guess they just have a sense of humor (which I massively appreciate personally, btw) hahaha That's just so out there. I just told one of my buddies, and he's having a good chuckle about that, too. :)

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
they were the only Registrar the OP has a contractual agreement with
I actually agreed with you Cartoonz on post#5- I just added gd had the most answering to do because the stolen domains were with them and I believe they have the biggest responsibility because of the agreement they have with the owner as his registrar- op has not shared how the thief go into both his godaddy account and his email address -or the thief changed the registrant's email address to his own once he got inside godaddy and that's how he got the epp's. (was it phishing or something else?)

I believe godaddy needs a "Stolen Domains Department" and trained staff as this happens to them so often- Like the last poster said it is surprising a registrar named internet.bs had the best response here as they are not all about BS for sure- Enom was the surprise here and it looks like that registrar used to be much better.

Midnight Silver

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
let's not confuse domain "brokers" with Domain Registrars, shall we?

You sound like a Complete Airhead Lonneytoonz --- Anybody but a total idiot --- would not have any problem understanding the words "Domain Brokers" related to the "5" domain names BinderGang had Stolen out of his Godaddy.com act !!! >>> (no pun intended) !!!

It is 2014 now and the many Top Domain Brokers out there --- Godaddy.com - Enom.com - Moniker.com - Name.com - Sedo.com --- "Have Many Categories" of Business in Domain Names they handle "and each one" has its own name...

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You sound like a Complete Airhead Lonneytoonz --- Anybody but a total idiot --- would not have any problem understanding the words "Domain Brokers" related to the "5" domain names BinderGang had Stolen out of his Godaddy.com act !!! >>> (no pun intended) !!!

It is 2014 now and the many Top Domain Brokers out there --- Godaddy.com - Enom.com - Moniker.com - Name.com - Sedo.com --- "Have Many Categories" of Business in Domain Names they handle "and each one" has its own name...

Did you sniff too much paint thinner at the Superbowl party or what?

OK, Mr. Rocket Scientist... please explain how one REGISTERS a domain name at a Domain BROKER.
Dumbass, they do not... they REGISTER Domains at a REGISTRAR, which is where the domain is held, in the account at the REGISTRAR.

This has nothing to do with the aftermarket, domain brokers, the stock market, or Domino's pizza... NO...

You might want to pull your head out of your @ss and actually learn something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators