Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Escrow Agreement = Contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good Morning DNF!

I have a quick question.. Is accepting an Escrow.com agreement (more or less) the same as signing a contract?

Regards,
Shane

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Shane

In many instances, signing an "agreement or a contract" can be synonymous.

though "contracts" are mostly for detailing services to be rendered, they are still an agreement between two or more parties.

Suggest you read the TOS, if you haven't already or for others who may have similar question:

this is just introductory paragraph..

These Terms of Use ("Terms of Use" or "Agreement") shall serve as an agreement that sets forth the terms and conditions which will govern your use and participation in the transaction management and escrow services provided on and through Escrow.com (the "Services"). By electing to utilize the Services you shall have also indicated your acceptance of these Terms of Use and your intent and agreement to be bound by them. If you are unwilling to agree to these Terms of Use, you shall discontinue further use of the Services. If you agree to these Terms of Use, you will be bound as follows:

https://escrow.com/escrow-101/terms-of-use.aspx

imo....

Good Luck!

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Biggie! I read through the TOS and it looks as if it's a binding agreement.

I guess I have two followup questions..

What happens if a buyer fails to pay and is in breech of the contract? What options do I have?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Biggie! I read through the TOS and it looks as if it's a binding agreement.

I guess I have two followup questions..

What happens if a buyer fails to pay and is in breech of the contract? What options do I have?

again, depends on if it's an agreement or a contract. I know that's confusing but it makes a diff.

if you agree to transact via escrow, using escrow is "one" agreement in part, and in conjunction with...any previous agreements which got you to that point.

you feel me?

what options you have if buyer fails to fulfill the obligations set forth within those agreements, may be limited to statements made therein.

mumbo-jumbo for sure, but's that's how shiz-zit works

but my perspective is, as long as I still have the domain....don't care if they don't pay.

:)

imo...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You have the option to seek legal advice and proceed with enforcing the contract. This might require minimal legal action, or a full blown lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators