Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Estibot 2.0 Released Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A new version of Estibot was released today

Click here to sign up now and check out the new Estibot 2.0

» Welcome to the new and improved EstiBot 2.0!
Welcome to EstiBot.com 2.0!

We're very pleased to launch the new site, and hope that you will be equally pleased to use it. While a lot of hard work has gone into the redesign, we recognize that the site and service are still far from perfect. We encourage all users to submit their thoughts and feedback via our support ticket system.

In order to get the most out of our powerful domain name research tools, we highly recommend that you read the User's Guide as well as our frequently asked questions page.

Let us briefly address here some questions that you may have regarding the new site:

How do I use EstiBot 2.0?

It all starts with a valuation. The best way to explore our new features is to type a domain name in the text box on the main page and click 'appraise'. EstiBot will gather crucial data about your domain name, and display a results page where you will find a valuation, and a summary of vital information related to your domain name. Scroll down the page for even more information. Hover your mouse over the links to see more detail, or click to further investigate a given result.

The results page is your map to complete domain name information. From here you can quickly find virtually all you need to know about your domain name. Check whois, explore live availability information across various TLD's, browse past related domain sales, analyze keyword search data, PageRank, Alexa rank, advertiser competition and more - we've even crawled the domain for information about the website, metadata, parked status and IP address - just click for reverse IP lookup!

From the results page, you can have EstiBot generate End User Leads and even have EstiBot email end users who might be interested in buying your domain name: Just click 'Help me SELL this domain' to get started. If you are a domain buyer, you can register for our buyer network and set filters to alert you to appraised names opted in by EstiBot users (all appraisals are confidential unless users opt in to submit their names for sale in our buyer network).

Why are the valuations different from the previous version of EstiBot?

The valuation algorithm has been completely rewritten from scratch for EstiBot 2.0. We learned from the mistakes of the previous algorithm, and spared no effort in creating a better model. Tens of thousands of domain sales have been extensively analyzed to arrive at the best possible valuation model. With each domain appraisal, EstiBot takes into account a large number of variables and live statistics, and performs a complex mathematical calculation to estimate a domain name's market value. While it's still not perfect, statistically, the 2.0 algorithm is proven 70% more accurate than the 1.0 version based on domain sales prices. You may notice that for certain types of domain names, the valuation has decreased significantly, whereas for other types of domains, the valuation has increased. This is the result of extensive statistical testing and while it may not always please the domain owner, we are certain that the new algorithm will serve the industry better. It's worth remembering that domain valuation is not an exact science, and since EstiBot cannot access all information such as revenue data, it can only present a mathematical approximation of value based on the known characteristics of the domain name.

What else can I do with EstiBot 2.0?

EstiBot 2.0 is truly your one-stop site for all your domain name information needs. Please checkout our new tools page to view all the tools that are available. Parse domains into keywords, detect domain language, convert IDN domains, create lists of available domain names based on keywords, analyze trademark risk, view the industry's most complete domain sales history, explore the complete daily droplists and auction lists as appraised by EstiBot…. and there's much more. Please browse our 'tools' page to get an idea of the extent of the powerful tools we offer.

Have 100,000 domain names to analyze? No problem! EstiBot 2.0 excels in large bulk queries. With a paid subscription, you can use the website or tap into our easy-to-use API for instant bulk valuations - in fact, most of our tools accept bulk input, and produce the results in various formats, both on-page html and downloadable files. With an EstiBot account, you can automate your domain and keyword research like never before: Don't sweat it, let EstiBot do the work for you.

For enterprise level users, we offer customized, fully scalable API plans. Please contact us for details.

What should I do now?

Please create an EstiBot account to get the most out of our tools, and start exploring! Please use our support ticket system to submit your feedback and any questions you may have. As we have just launched, things will likely break and there will be a few hiccups, so we really appreciate your feedback and patience.

Once again, a warm welcome to the new EstiBot 2.0, enjoy!

Click here to sign up and check it out!

-=DCG=-

Register for the auction

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lots of good stuff and improvements. Real nice overall.

However, a comment I have is the so called "Related Sites" domain sales were mostly non-related (at least with the ones I tested), where the majority were in different categories and names which were far from being similar in any way.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

In addiion, the valuations appear extremely low in a few I tested.

For example, a key industry category term .com with these good stats according to the Estibot report:

Other Extensions: com net org info biz us
taken taken taken taken taken taken

Related Sales: Domain Source Price Date
free.tv N/A $100,000 USD 2003-02-01
gofree.com N/A $5,000 USD 2003-08-05
freeace.com N/A $80 USD 2004-08-23
freescreen.com N/A $600 USD 2004-09-16
freesnow.com Afternic $400 USD 2004-09-30

(note: none of the above are related to my site, and all are in totally diverse categories - this is a major bug, imo)

Search Overview: Avg Search Results (keyword): 516,000
Avg Search Results (sld): 2,760
Avg Ad Count (keyword): 11

Traffic Rank:
Alexa Traffic Rank: 1,875,828
Google Page Rank: 4

Type-in Score:
Overture (keyword): 451

Word Tracker (keyword): 20

Average Cost Per Click: $2.40 USD
Average Ad Competition: medium

EstiBot Value: $ 2,000 USD

Extremely low appraisal, I paid more for it years ago and that was before it got much traffic and before it was an active website with regular traffic, before it had links, before it made any money and before it had any Page Rank.

Last edited:

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Love it!

BTW, estibot used to appraise one of my domains (nex dot com) at $80k, now it appraises at $180k. I can really appreciate such improvements. ;)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They have certainly made some great improvments including the end user lead generation tools.

-=DCG=-

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They have certainly made some great improvments including the end user lead generation tools.

-=DCG=-

Agree. Very nice site. I will become a paid member.

My low value comments are not entirely fair since it's a website and not simply a domain valuation. Estibot does not value websites. However, with the traffic, page rank and all other extensions being taken I still feel 2k was far too low regardless of other factors.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have signed up already for the paid service.

-=DCG=-

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think this thread is 2 months early lol
to the day ;)

n00b1

Level 4
Reaction score
Could somebody who has paid for the service let me know exactly what the 'lead generation' function does? Especially if they have any success with it!

Based purely on domains and not websites it seem to have been fairly accurate with the ones I've tested so far. It gave $1.5k for flaunted.co.uk though and I think that might be a bit optimistic ;)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Estibot 2.0 was released but Valuate is still in beta? :confused:

newvista

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Much,much more accurate now, well done to the team behind Estibot !

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words and great feedback guys.

DomainMagnate, yes.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Much,much more accurate now, well done to the team behind Estibot!

I agree in a few checks. I would always say that domain appraisal is basically an impossible dream though. There is really nothing to compare. Each name is unique. A miss is potentially a mile for an interested party even if the name that is being compared is also arguably a good one. With houses or antiques, there are usually several similar or even identical items to compare against each other. Nothing of this exists with domains. You can come up with some educated guesses but that is it. After that, it is just negotiation with an interested party. Still, this is a good attempt and it seems to be about as good as anything and better than most auto systems, I think.

coast

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The new site has great features, including searching terms for niche domain names and checking availability. Very nicely done!

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some domains are shown to be available in other extensions when it's not. You might want to test it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom