Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Formal Valuation Needed ! Are There Any "certified Valuators"?

zzzkkk

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am seeking for an affordable "formal valuation" (....no, I am not a possible scam victim).
Case is as below.
I have a portfolio of about 250 domains and want to push-sell them to my own new private capital investing company. Well, I know the value of the portfolio, surely not 1 mil as appraised by bot tools, but it has also to be written and signed by a "market expert" (???), mostly for possible legal-tax future issues as advised by my accountant (not to be claimed as a fake or overpriced transaction).

I received an offer from SEDO but do not intend to pay 3,000$ .... to buy my own portfolio. It doesn't have to be a detailed appraisal, domain by domain with revenue stats, multiple factors, etc.

Suggestions or help welcome
Thanks to all

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

any "appraisal" you get, can be challenged by another appraiser.

i don't recommend using automated tools for appraisal, but here are some suggestions:

enter each domain at sedo and see what they give as suggested bin price for each name.
get each name appraised by 3 automated tools
post the best 10 on forums for appraisal
then average those values for each domain

\\send me the list, with creation dates and i'll appraise each for small fee, but i'll only review .com
if any receive traffic/revenue, please note.

Good Luck!

imo...

accelerator

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem you have is that really appraisals are in most cases meaningless, partly because domains are extremely illiquid assets.

Have you attempted to value your portfolio yourself? If I was you, I would probably try and do all the valuation work myself. Depending on how it suits your business interests, value it high or low. Whatever valuation figure you come to, it is going to be highly inaccurrate. Once you have a figure, then find a few domain experts to sign off that they agree the valuation is reasonable, in order to satisfy the authorities.

What extensions does your portfolio contain?

In which languages are the words of the domains that you have registered?

Rgds

zzzkkk

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Biggie, I will keep this as an option. Legally (according to greek law) I do not need such a valuation for the transaction. Only S.A. companies when buying from their own shareholders Real Estate property is obligatory to have an appraisal by a chartered surveyor.

Actually I have already been working with the idea of 2-3 different automated tool valuations while the forum valuation is a little bit funny to discuss. Here, in DNF, I have already posted a few domains for appraisal but got only a couple of answers (with no price mentioned) or no answers at all.... http://www.dnforum.com/threads/please-appraise-carddraw-com-convoyer-com-cinerama-net.529953/ http://www.dnforum.com/threads/pokerstake-com.530575/ . Flippa's appraisals are much more active but are quite funny even to mention, not to take serious... just a lol example https://flippa.com/domain-appraisals/10688-enter-com where enter.com is appraised by too many members at 500$ up to a few thousand (it would easily score more than 1 mil) or ridiculous names like feedinddogswithmalt.scot score high 4 figures ....

zzzkkk

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have you attempted to value your portfolio yourself?

... then find a few domain experts to sign off that they agree the valuation is reasonable, in order to satisfy the authorities.
You got the point, I know what my portfolio worths, or at least I believe so. I also know the amount of transaction, is very realistic and logical. The point is to "satisfy" or better "persuade" the authorities in case of a future control. And despite all changes that took or taking place in Greece nowadays, formal stamps, multiple signatures, stamps again, "heavy" titles of experts, etc, are really amust when you have to do with the authorities , epsecially IRS

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just from seeing those few names, maybe you should reconsider taking sedo's offer.

imo...

zzzkkk

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just from seeing those few names, maybe you should reconsider taking sedo's offer.

imo...

I don't get the meaning... Domains I posted in DNF for appraisal (you think they are good or worthless?) or enter.com in Flippa ? enter.com is not mine of course, I just mentioned it as an example where I posted the maximum allowed price of 500,000$ as my appraisal.

The portfolio is consisted of roughly 100 .com 25 .nets a couple of .org, 15 .mobi (Ok Superb Top words... but .mobi.... almost 0) and rest mostly top new gtld (almost scoring >10.000Euros each one of them with SEDO data pricer...! )

accelerator

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are no formal qualifications to be a domain name expert, so your own valuation should be as acceptable as any.

Why don't you post your whole portfolio and tell us what you think its value is?

Rgds

zzzkkk

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually I got an idea for the portfolio, I am not seeking for an appraisal to have a worth idea. The amount also will be a 5 figure one (sorry, accidentally, initially mentioned 4), regardless if the real worth is lower or higher, doesn't matter. I just want it to be accompanied-followed by an expert's signed opinion.

I would also hesitate to post whole portfolio publicly at the moment, never thought of it, might I post it in the future.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually I got an idea for the portfolio, I am not seeking for an appraisal to have a worth idea. The amount also will be a 5 figure one (sorry, accidentally, initially mentioned 4), regardless if the real worth is lower or higher, doesn't matter. I just want it to be accompanied-followed by an expert's signed opinion.

I would also hesitate to post whole portfolio publicly at the moment, never thought of it, might I post it in the future.

any claimed expert, who has any moral or ethical standards, would not sign their name to an inflated appraisal.

and yes, when I said you should reconsider sedo's offer, I meant the names I viewed don't have much value, imo.

so, if you plan on exaggerating their worth, then i won't participate.

imo....

zzzkkk

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
would not sign their name to an inflated appraisal.
so, if you plan on exaggerating their worth, then i won't participate.
imo....
NO WAY !!! I would never ask something like that, and tomorrow when I 'll have a few moments I ll post a reply (or better a PM) to explain why not.. Sorry, my latest posrt maybe was a bit inaccurate and misunderstood.

worldfog

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
try...webirk.com

jdwaverly

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only expert that counts in this case has the initials I. R. S.
I assume the transfer (or purchase) of assets will appear on one tax return (the business one) as a capital purchase and on the other (your personal)
as a gain.
You need to find an accountant with background in the tax law regarding assets such as domains.
There are probably legal issues as well.

If the value of the assets is $100K+ it might be worth the money to talk to an attorney
Here's a few:
domainsherpa.com/domain-name-attorneys/

Good Luck

Ooops! Saw you are from Greece. Not sure about your country's issues with this.
Why are you bumping 7 month old threads Worldfog???

zzzkkk

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, issue is arranged already 7 months ago.... Thanks to all for help and interest !

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom