Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Frustrated with Sedo! Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidalex

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here are some facts about my experience with SeDo so far:
1. Out of 200 domains that I have listed there - I haven't received any offers on any of them.
2. About 100 of my domains haven't even had a view
3. Two domains that I sold there were from customers who I got outside of Sedo in hopes that launching the sale into an auction would bring more, but it did NOT
4. Their parking page is probably the worst in the business. I have parked a couple domains with traffic there and yet to receive a paid click on it.
5. Their comission on a $100 sale was $50 because I didn't park my domain with them.
6. I have paid to be featured on the homepage and in the respective section for one of my domains and recieved NO OFFERS too.
7. Their customer service is really bad.
8. I have posted my domains on Moniker 4 days ago and I have received an offer immediately.
Anybody else shares my pain?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
8. what happened with the offer?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
9. PPC down the drain.
10. Affiliate payouts 60 days backlogged

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here are some facts about my experience with SeDo so far:
1. Out of 200 domains that I have listed there - I haven't received any offers on any of them.
2. About 100 of my domains haven't even had a view
3. Two domains that I sold there were from customers who I got outside of Sedo in hopes that launching the sale into an auction would bring more, but it did NOT
4. Their parking page is probably the worst in the business. I have parked a couple domains with traffic there and yet to receive a paid click on it.
5. Their comission on a $100 sale was $50 because I didn't park my domain with them.
6. I have paid to be featured on the homepage and in the respective section for one of my domains and recieved NO OFFERS too.
7. Their customer service is really bad.
8. I have posted my domains on Moniker 4 days ago and I have received an offer immediately.
Anybody else shares my pain?

Points 1-6 probably have to do with the quality of your domains.. you are complaining about domains not getting views? That just means your domains are terrible..

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Points 1-6 probably have to do with the quality of your domains.. you are complaining about domains not getting views? That just means your domains are terrible..

I guess there is no way to sugar coat it....I think Domainah may be right.

The problem I have with their ppc is not the number of visitors or the clicks...it is the amount they pay for their clicks wich is about (from what I can tell from my experience) is about 1/5 what other ppc companies pay.

Also, they have so many non paying members making offers on domains....and your domains being held in their process. I have currently have 2 domains with a sale negotiated and resulting in non paying bidders...but the names are held hostage...

Sedo needs a better way to verify that the person who bids on a name folls through....such as holding funds on a credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom