Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Global Warming and Alternative Energy Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

H2FC

All domainers should take note of the following story....I believe global warming and alternative energy domains will become more lucrative as they begin to attract more and more advertisers. I'm beginning to see some nice improvements on mine.

Wikipedia Does Well In Global Warming Searches
Submitted by Doug Caverly on Thu, 07/05/2007 - 10:33.

According to some people, global warming may have catastrophic effects on the world around us. But in the meantime, it’s doing Wikipedia a lot of good - the site is receiving tons of traffic from that term.

Heather Hopkins serves as Hitwise UK’s vice president of research, and found that Wikipedia is “receiving one quarter of visits from searches for ‘global warming.’” The runners-up - Global Warming, the US Environmental Protection Agency, and The Royal Society - received just 16.96, 5.45, and 3.63 percent, respectively.

“Google, which accounts for 79% of UK searches, largely dictates the flow of UK web traffic,” notes Hopkins, and Wikipedia ranks first for “global warming” on Google’s UK and US sites. It also ranks first on Yahoo’s UK & Ireland site.

Wikipedia gives a poorer performance on Yahoo’s US site (third place), and only ranks tenth on Ask’s sites in both countries, but as Hitwise’s latest numbers show, not many UK users care about those engines.

Yet for UK users who care about global warming, Hopkins’s report does highlight a problem. “The increased interest in global warming raises interesting challenges for policy makers and those seeking to influence public opinion within the UK, as traffic is largely being directed to US websites,” she writes. As for how big a problem this is, you’ll have to decide for yourself - opinions about global warming vary widely, and it is, after all, a worldwide issue.

Tags: Wikipedia, Google, Yahoo, UK, Global Warming
http://www.webpronews.com:80/topnews/2007/07/05/wikipedia-does-well-in-global-warming-searches

Register for the auction

companyone

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

IMHO...I do not want to participate in an over hyped scam industry.

Besides, almost everything Al gore bases his thoughts on are 99.5% wrong.

I wonder if I can get "domain offsets" for my junk "polluting" domains from Pappa Al?...LOL

http://gorescam.com/

Peace.

Dan

BTW: I am glad your domains are doing good...we all need traffic.

H

H2FC

Hi,

IMHO...I do not want to participate in an over hyped scam industry.

Besides, almost everything Al gore bases his thoughts on are 99.5% wrong.

I wonder if I can get "domain offsets" for my junk "polluting" domains from Pappa Al?...LOL

http://gorescam.com/

Peace.

Dan

BTW: I am glad your domains are doing good...we all need traffic.

Why is it everytime something is said about global warming there are those who immediately start bashing Al Gore? Seems to me you just don't get it....Gore is just the messenger. Ever heard the old saying "if you don't like the message...shoot the messenger?" Appparently thats what many still practice.

In reality global warming caused by humans is real and I believe its here to stay way beyond our life times. Many still don't share that belief and thats fine with me. Everybody has a right to their own beliefs. But, like it or not, you and I and everyone else will be affected by GW and our taxes will go toward the cost of the fight against it. And that cost will be high...but it will be even higher if our government, along with other world governments don't start passing pollution laws soon and imposing high penalties against the greenhouse gas polluters. Our government under Bush and Cheney is trying to postpone actions against GW for as long as they can to protect their greedy supporters as long as possible but they are almost out of postponement options. They will have to take action soon.

By the way....your statement, "almost everything Al gore bases his thoughts on are 99.5% wrong", is way off base. In fact, Al Gore has been right on all the major issues he took sides with while almost everyone else was wrong.

He's right about global warming as well.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why is it everytime something is said about global warming there are those who immediately start bashing Al Gore? Seems to me you just don't get it....Gore is just the messenger. Ever heard the old saying "if you don't like the message...shoot the messenger?" Appparently thats what many still practice.

The problem with messengers is that they often have or develop a vested interest in the cause. And then they become zealots, unwilling to give consideration to any facts or ideas that may distract from their "message". It happens on both sides of a controversial issue. OK, Don't shoot the messenger, but definitely shoot the zealots.

companyone

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My only point really is...

Before you think... the global warming sector is going to be a good sector for domain names...you might want to consider other sources of information on global warming before investing to much in this sector.

Peace,
Dan

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Before you think... the global warming sector is going to be a good sector for domain names...you might want to consider other sources of information on global warming before investing to much in this sector.

Honestly, I think the global warming sector is a decent place to look for domain names. I think it is (real or perceived) a hot topic that will continue to have legs for some time. I have even heard lately that law firms are starting to gear up a "global warming impact" branch of their litigation team. That may be another branch to look for domain names, come to think of it. And I also think that pollution is an issue that needs to be dealt with. My only criticism is that I believe the permanence and human impact of the current warming trend is far, far overstated by many with an agenda to push forward.

H

H2FC

Honestly, I think the global warming sector is a decent place to look for domain names. I think it is (real or perceived) a hot topic that will continue to have legs for some time. I have even heard lately that law firms are starting to gear up a "global warming impact" branch of their litigation team. That may be another branch to look for domain names, come to think of it. And I also think that pollution is an issue that needs to be dealt with. My only criticism is that I believe the permanence and human impact of the current warming trend is far, far overstated by many with an agenda to push forward.

Duck, I appreciate your honesty. You are obviously one who doesn't allow your dislike for an individual to cloud your judgement of the issue. Or stated in another way, one who knows the difference between the messenger and the message.

Overstated or not global warming is a very hot worldwide subject and as such it is getting a lot of interest in internet searches. That is the point of my original post here. I said nothing about Al Gore because I know his name strikes a nerve in many people and it was not my intention to start an argument. As far as I'm concerned, he is not the subject.

The subject is making money with domains and which domain sectors to invest in to attain that goal. I believe the increase in global warming searches will result in more advertisers and better paying ppc clicks in that sector. As more profitable businesses spring up we will see better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom