Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have most of my domains at godaddy so this is an issue of big concern to me. I have been putting many domains to fowarding and now they just dont update. There is a link to define forewarding, so it ought to work.

Its very frustrating.

The domains just sit on godaddy parking screens. Every time godaddy has an issues relating to registration it seems to 'default' to sitting on their parking screens. Some of the domains were bought in the last week so these domains have no history, no previous hosting of any kind. It should just work.

This, and the extreme slowness and frequent timeouts of the domain management screen, is making godaddy very hard to use, and its just plain frustrating. Each registrar has its advantages and disadvantages. I have tried to consolidate at godaddy but if things dont work, it is going to make it hard.

Kevin

GoDaddyGuy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kevin,

I believe you have since resolved your issue, but for the benefit of others who may see this post, I want to offer some assistance. I also want to point out that we've collected a good amount of feedback about the forwarding process, and, as with all of our services, we are continuing to refine it to better meet our customers' needs.

In order for forwarding to activate, the domain name being forwarded needs to be set to our parked nameservers. This must be done prior to enabling the forwarding. If you have forwarding setup and need to change the nameservers, you should change them, disable the forwarding, then re-enable it.

To see step-by-step instructions for forwarding a domain name, take a look at this article in our Help Center - http://help.godaddy.com/article/422

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. But there are several problems here. And as others have said, its interesting that when things go wrong for godaddy dns/domreg, it always ends up that the domain sits on godaddy parking.

Some specific questions:

1) Forwarding:
- If the Forwarding requires certain dns then why dont you tell the user, when they click the Forwarding button, when its setup wrong?
- Why not just set it automatically or at least have a checkbox right there for the user to ask for parking dns when they are doing forwarding?
- Please say something, ON THE FORWARDING SCREEN, about what dns is needed? Right now, you have not the slightest hint. Nothing there. So people mess up - and so, Godaddy gets the parking income.

2) When setting dns, the 3 choices now are Parking, Hosting, and Custom. So on this screen also, say something in text - how hard would it be for the Parking choice to instead say "Parking or Forwarding". Its just 2 more words.

2) why not have a tool that allows one to search for forwarded domains - i dont see how to do this. godaddy has so many different dns, you have to search by each specific one? Enom has it nice where you can do dns search for Enom dns, or for NON-Enom dns, or for specific dns. That is nice. And wildcards might also help. The search categories might include: Godaddy Parking DNS, Godaddy Forwarded DNS, Godaddy Hosted DNS, and Custom DNS.

3) Why does godaddy dns/forwarding take many hours long to appear working than other registrars, like enom - enom is very fast. Why cant godaddy be like that?

4) The domain purchase process also has a bug with dns being assigned incorrectly: When I buy domains, they have the default custom dns, so that is nice - but in the cart, before you choose your payment type, there is a box at the top right of the domain list to buy one more domain. If you use that option it does NOT take your account defaults. Instead, for that one domain, it sets it to godaddy parking dns. So if I buy 9 domains in Bulk, and then add 1 more using that little box in the cart screen, my poor brain thinks they all have the same dns - but they dont. The last one has godaddy parking dns and so, ONCE AGAIN, a domain sites on godaddy parking pages. Its just not right - all domain purchases should follow the same path.

Kevin

GoDaddyGuy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kevin,

Thanks for your feedback. Like I said in my previous post, we have received excellent suggestions regarding the domain name forwarding service and are working to make it even easier for our customers to use.

With regard to your concern about the DNS assignment for domains registered from the shopping cart, I have passed this on for further investigation. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just say it like it is will ya. Godaddy wants to milk ppc ads from the delay in forwarding. And those delays are not even timed at hours. It takes over a day at times. Do you need investigation in this matter? This has been going on for months.

In this economy, every bit helps. Except that those who control things give bull excuses and we have to suck it up.

jstewart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know this is from 2009! Just venting as I found this thread as having way to many problems with Forwarding.

Ugh. All the issue above remain..cliff's notes:

When forwarding you have to go in to NameServer changes and choose "I want to forward my domain name" Then go and and forward the domains you want. Cross your fingers and wait 24 hours.

Without finding this thread, I made all the mistakes the above posters did thinking it would be easy.

1) Forward the domains, wait, wait, wait. Nothing happens.
2) Find instructions saying you need to change the name servers...do so...Wait, Wait, Wait.
3) Realize when you change those nameservers it DELETES all the forwarding information. Wait some more.
4) ADD back in the forwarding instructions.
5) 48 hours after initial attempt to forward the domain, here's to hoping it works now!

Don't get me wrong, I am actually a huge fan of GoDaddy and they are my preferred registrar. That said, it would be nice if it was easier to make this small change. Now that I know how to do this, it should be easy. As poster's mentioned above, their is nothing during the forwarding process that mentions any of these things.

Basically, everything KSinclair said.

jstewart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL Wow! Almost got it set..the process sucks to be honest. It appears there is some major lag on the updates and even though I thought it was corrected, the nameserves and forwarding is reverting back. I'll leave it alone for now and try again tomorrow..geez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators