Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tried to find the answer myself, might have missed it but got a couple of different answers and just wanted to make sure regarding Expired Auctions.

Let's say an Expired Auction today ends at 4PM and it gets 0 bids. When the auction is over, is that name immediately available for somebody to hand register or is it something like a couple of weeks down the line? Somebody told me immediately but then recently I won a couple of auctions for the first time and didn't get the domains for a little bit because the original owner still had some time to get them.

Thanks for any replies.

Domain summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it's an expired domains that gets no bids, godaddy would normally let it into redemption at some point, then it's 30 + 5 days until it drops and becomes available again.
Now if you win the auction (sole bidder etc), I think you don't take possession of the domain immediately, the holder still has a few days to redeem. I checked the last few transactions in my account, it took 5 days.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Correct, they hang on to it for a few days first. Actually, they (currently) put it in the closeout section for $9 buy it now. The next day it goes to $8 buy it now, etc, until it reaches $5. Then I think it goes to the drop catchers, but not sure after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators